BPAS PODCAST: 21st Mar '22 Episode 76: The Laughing Policeman

BO is one of the hardest smells to get rid of, at least around these parts it is. It's time to put your hand in your pocket and help take the club away from those who are destroying it.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Matt featured this topic

This comment from Barry on Twitter really got me seething.

“Now that is something for me to know and something for you to guess at 😀” (referring to whether the owner is still intending to sell the club)

Sneering and clearly getting enjoyment from the situation. Fans are worried and hurting but it feels like Barry is on a power trip.

3C1F8A13-9450-42D9-95F3-650828B5D20C.png

5 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

“Now that is something for me to know and something for you to guess at 😀” (referring to whether the owner is still intending to sell the club)

Sneering and clearly getting enjoyment from the situation. Fans are worried and hurting but it feels like Barry is on a power trip.

What a tool. 

Huge ego and false sense of importance. I think he sobs himself to sleep at night in reality. Poor little man. 

Just now, Sloshed Joe said:

There was a lot of doubt surrounding that account until recently - but it’s been confirmed by Matt Dean & others that it is (sadly) 100% real.

yes, I just don't understand how.  I don't do twitter and every time I see an example of what's on there my decision is validated.

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

yes, I just don't understand how.  I don't do twitter and every time I see an example of what's on there my decision is validated.

To me it's much like the old Rivals message boards, lots of idiots on all sides, who you need to ignore, but plenty of good valid comment. Don't expect too much and be selective in both posting and viewing. 

A few thoughts that I think are right but I am open to be corrected...

- Barry Owen has instigated and is helping with this court case.

- The outcome the court case is seeking is that the ground/land is 'returned to the club'. Not returned to the council or gifted to the fans/community.

- The club is 97% owned by Abdallah Lemsagam.

- If the court case is successful the value of the asset owned by AL would be substantially increased. Also, the club/AL would now own an asset against which loans/mortgages could be secured which could potentially be a way AL could recoup some losses via director loans being repaid.

- I'm struggling to see how the club benefits other than possibly a sale could happen more quickly. But any new owner would be paying the same - just paying all to AL rather than some to AL and some to Blitz.

- AL could benefit to the tune of millions of pounds.

My question would be... why is Barry Owen looking to make Abdallah Lemsagam millions of pounds?

4 hours ago, BPAS said:

BO is one of the hardest smells to get rid of, at least around these parts it is. It's time to put your hand in your pocket and help take the club away from those who are destroying it.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

Did I hear this correctly…

Inference by Matt that Couto and Vaughan are not being given much game time due to interest from Burnley?

😮

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Inference by Matt that Couto and Vaughan are not being given much game time due to interest from Burnley?

😮

Thats been exactly my thought for many weeks

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

A few thoughts that I think are right but I am open to be corrected...

- Barry Owen has instigated and is helping with this court case.

- The outcome the court case is seeking is that the ground/land is 'returned to the club'. Not returned to the council or gifted to the fans/community.

- The club is 97% owned by Abdallah Lemsagam.

- If the court case is successful the value of the asset owned by AL would be substantially increased. Also, the club/AL would now own an asset against which loans/mortgages could be secured which could potentially be a way AL could recoup some losses via director loans being repaid.

- I'm struggling to see how the club benefits other than possibly a sale could happen more quickly. But any new owner would be paying the same - just paying all to AL rather than some to AL and some to Blitz.

- AL could benefit to the tune of millions of pounds.

My question would be... why is Barry Owen looking to make Abdallah Lemsagam millions of pounds?

The same Abdallah Lemsagam who sacked Barry from the board of directors. 

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Yeah, this is the one that really got me too. Especially as he was replying to me!
I tried a couple of times to have reasonable conversations with him and not resort to the daft name calling that goes on.

But it was completely clear, as per above, he is just loving the 'power', stirring it up and disappears as soon as he is factually challenged to pick a fight with someone else.

Absolute schoolyard stuff.

I'm actualy beging to think that Barry is acting as decoy for the lemmys hes putting himself outthere as a pantomime villain stirring the pot and antagonising fans thus taking the focus off the lemmys inactivity ? Or is that to macieaveli and hes just a narrsistic ego maniac ? 

3 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

I'm actualy beging to think that Barry is acting as decoy for the lemmys hes putting himself outthere as a pantomime villain stirring the pot and antagonising fans thus taking the focus off the lemmys inactivity ? Or is that to macieaveli and hes just a narrsistic ego maniac ? 

Could be both. 

4 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

It's the latter. I had acquaintence with him through work 30 odd yrs ago and his nickname was BIFFO. (Big Ignorant F****r From Oldham)

2 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

I thought exactly the same thing - it's apparent he has been 'invited back' by the Directors. 

I guess his brief from them is simply to cause as much noise and division as possible and deflect attention from the people actually in charge.

53 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

😮

Interest in the players came when they were playing, I don't see how not continuing to play them would help in that regard.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

😮

Rumoured that Burnley are interested, but any transfer fee is reduced if they play for Latics!!

Archived