MATCH: vs Port Vale (A) 09/04/22

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SelecteD some months back as the venue for the OASIS Gold reunion. I think we were expecting it to be little more than a wake before the last couple of wins. Hope springs... (and scores the winner.... 😀

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In the least surprising post you'll find on here today, I can confirm I fully expect Oldham to win this match...

It's a free hit. Anything more than a defeat is a bonus

Worrell and Garrity playing for them. Will be putting money on anytime goalscorer on both. Worrell is ok, Garrity total shite so be disappointed if he bags although he’s obv found a team that can get more out of him than we could 

This one may be the dark before the dawn.

The rest of the fixtures I can find a reason for some optimism. This one not. Big pitch, Vale are an attacking side, on a role, with a big incentive and a point to prove after getting mugged at Latics

4 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Looking to watch PV Academy v Latics Academy beforehand. Have e mailed both clubs about where this is being played but have received no reply. Any information about the venue would be gratefully received.

NEXT UP | It's another away fixture for the U19s in the EFL Youth Alliance League at the weekend.

🆚 @PVFCAcademy
📆 09/04/22
🕚 11am KO
📍 Kidsgrove Athletic Football Club, Hollinwood Rd, ST7 1DQ

The lads will be looking for yet another positive result on the day! #oafc

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

How do you work that out? 

We’re in the shit. 

If I was to list the 3 games we are most likely to win which is what we probably need this would not be one of them. Not the end of the world if we lose. I think the key games for us are Northampton Salford and Crawley. 

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

If I was to list the 3 games we are most likely to win which is what we probably need this would not be one of them. Not the end of the world if we lose. I think the key games for us are Northampton Salford and Crawley. 

A free hit is a non-league club against Liverpool in the FA Cup

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

Fair do’s. 

I don’t see it like that, where you can see picking up or dropping points. It’s to speculative. 

6 games left- tomorrow is must win. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Fair do’s. 

I don’t see it like that, where you can see picking up or dropping points. It’s to speculative. 

6 games left- tomorrow is must win. 

More a case of must match Stevenage and Barrow (or preferably do better!!!).

Going to be a good game tomorrow.  Sheridan seems to have turned you around and all of a sudden you seem harder to beat. 

We're flying at the moment but we come to expect that we'll come crashing down at some point.  Keep Proctor and Wilson quiet and you've got a chance.  Wilson is class at this level and has the touch and awareness of someone higher. 

I can't believe you didn't get a tune out of Garrity.  He's been magnificent for us. He's not suited to a deeper midfield position but we've generally played him advanced and his awareness, fitness and desire has got him into double figures for goals. He never stops! He'll get player of the season. 

I'm not sure how we lost the reverse fixture but basically we couldn't cope with your big lad at the back going up front.  Similar 

happened to us at Sutton.  We played Sutton a couple of weeks ago and we seem to have addressed our issues with high balls into the box, as we beat them comfortably. 

Glad to see some decent support coming to Vale after the pathetic followings we've had in recent weeks.  I hope teams like Oldham stay up, but obviously leave your winning run until after tomorrow!

Should be a good atmosphere, we're hoping for 9 or 10,000 tomorrow.

4 hours ago, mick26 said:

NEXT UP | It's another away fixture for the U19s in the EFL Youth Alliance League at the weekend.

🆚 @PVFCAcademy
📆 09/04/22
🕚 11am KO
📍 Kidsgrove Athletic Football Club, Hollinwood Rd, ST7 1DQ

The lads will be looking for yet another positive result on the day! #oafc

Thanks for that. It's been like pulling teeth trying to find that out.

Archived