MATCH: vs Port Vale (A) 09/04/22

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Looked half yard short to me, he was busy but largely ineffective. The minutes will have done him good though. 

Cheers mate,if Hope is injured aswell he’s definitely a crucial part of the side these next few games.Ironic given all season Vaughan and Couto have been praised yet this lad is the most promising of them all and is completely under the radar!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Cheers mate,if Hope is injured aswell he’s definitely a crucial part of the side these next few games.Ironic given all season Vaughan and Couto have been praised yet this lad is the most promising of them all and is completely under the radar!

Yeah, he’s an absolute must start for me. As much as I understood sticking pidge up top for the last ten today, it did highlight how woefully thin our attacking options are. 

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Referees could send us into non league.

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You are better than agreeing with someone who thinks that repeatedly labelling referees as scum is acceptable. 

I agree that labelling Referees as scum is totally unacceptable.

However, I also believe that the standard of refereeing at our level this season has been nothing short of atrocious.

Whether or not there is any evidence that decisions even themselves out over a season, I have seen too many officials who seem afraid to make a call, who miss glaringly obvious fouls and are generally not up to the job. 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You are better than agreeing with someone who thinks that repeatedly labelling referees as scum is acceptable. 

I never said  scum, my reference was to incompetence, which may lead to us being relegated.

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There's a clip of the Garrity tackle on twitter here.

It's unclear how much of the ball he gets but it certainly wasn't clean.

Regardless, it wasn't even close to being controlled.  It was the type of reckless off-the-ground lunge that, whether he gets the ball or not, is usually a straight red without any hesistation from a ref.

Despite his flaws, I can see how Garrity is doing well at this level.  His passing was so poor for us last season but he has a good engine, got into the box well and had decent instincts in front of goal for a midfielder.  He certainly won't be the first or last player to be misused while at our club in the Lemsagam era.

That said, he was very lucky to still be on the pitch after the tackle.

Dirty dirty bastard !! 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I never said  scum, my reference was to incompetence, which may lead to us being relegated.

I know you didn't but even dignifying that poster by replying to him gives his hideous and often repeated views validity. 

11 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Never liked Vale Park,was a bogey ground for a while.Sounds like we didn’t have much going for us today.For those who went/followed the game how did Luamba play,I think he could be a key player in the run in.

First time I've seen him play live. I can only hope he was carrying an injury because he was at best a two out of ten and given the absolute sitter he missed in the first half that's generous 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I know you didn't but even dignifying that poster by replying to him gives his hideous and often repeated views validity. 

I'd have posted my comments anyway, but not in his way.

Wonder what Shez's thoughts are?

34 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How bad was the keeper handball incident? The fleetwood keeper got sent off yesterday for punching the ball outside his area. If anyone’s seen that clip, how does what the PV goalie did compare?

Luamba running through. Keeper picks it up so he can't get it, half a yard outside his area

Not seen every post on this thread so apologies if most of my points have already been raised.

Played alright for the last half an hour but I would argue that PV deserved the win because they were the better side for an hour or so, especially in the first half when it was an absolute footballing travesty that we managed to get in all square. Some of the defending was shambolic in that first period.

An absolute cast iron penalty on Hopcutt at the end and I was amazed it wasn't given, especially after a few earlier penalty appeals being turned away. The Garrity tackle is a red card in 2022 and the referee couldn't have been any closer, although it probably suited us him being on the pitch because he was every bit as bad as I remember him. Think the referee was right on the keeper incident as it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

On a side note, I had the misfortune of having a well known Oldham fan stood next to me in the second half. The level of abuse she hurled at the players, stewards and Sheridan (after the Jameson sub) was amongst some of the worst vitriol I have ever heard. I was pretty disgusted to be in the same vicinity as her...

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not seen every post on this thread so apologies if most of my points have already been raised.

Played alright for the last half an hour but I would argue that PV deserved the win because they were the better side for an hour or so, especially in the first half when it was an absolute footballing travesty that we managed to get in all square. Some of the defending was shambolic in that first period.

An absolute cast iron penalty on Hopcutt at the end and I was amazed it wasn't given, especially after a few earlier penalty appeals being turned away. The Garrity tackle is a red card in 2022 and the referee couldn't have been any closer, although it probably suited us him being on the pitch because he was every bit as bad as I remember him. Think the referee was right on the keeper incident as it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity.

On a side note, I had the misfortune of having a well known Oldham fan stood next to me in the second half. The level of abuse she hurled at the players, stewards and Sheridan (after the Jameson sub) was amongst some of the worst vitriol I have ever heard. I was pretty disgusted to be in the same vicinity as her...

Does she have a photo adjusting her jeans in front of Keef?

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I have now had a look back through and seen posts (and tweets) saying this group of players are fighting for the club. That's a bare minimum requirement and is nothing that they should be praised for, especially when this bunch of maggots have got them in this mess in the table in the first place...

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Does she have a photo adjusting her jeans in front of Keef?

That's the one. Had the misfortune at Newport too, when her and her mate were asking Sam Hart to take his shirt and his shorts off at the end of the game. If I'd have shouted that at our female physio yesterday, I'd be looking at a three year ban...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's the one. Had the misfortune at Newport too, when her and her mate were asking Sam Hart to take his shirt and his shorts off at the end of the game. If I'd have shouted that at our female physio yesterday, I'd be looking at a three year ban...

I don't do many aways but I've sacrificed premium seats in the past to get away from the likes of her and Birkett

You were very lucky to win the game at your place and we were a bit fortunate to get all the points yesterday.  On balance, we should have ended up with two points each but as it is we both got three points so it's a win win.

I thought your following yesterday was great and shows you have far more right to be in this league that the likes of Stevenage, Barrow and Salford who struggle to fill a taxi to away grounds.

I wanted you to stay up but after some of the stuff I've read on here I'm not so sure now!

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

However, I also believe that the standard of refereeing at our level this season has been nothing short of atrocious.

There's a shortage of referees at lower levels, but also a shortage of assessors. This is causing a massive bottleneck, preventing the better refs from moving up, displacing some of the garbage. Frustrating for all.

18 minutes ago, Sooty said:

You were very lucky to win the game at your place and we were a bit fortunate to get all the points yesterday.  On balance, we should have ended up with two points each but as it is we both got three points so it's a win win.

I thought your following yesterday was great and shows you have far more right to be in this league that the likes of Stevenage, Barrow and Salford who struggle to fill a taxi to away grounds.

I wanted you to stay up but after some of the stuff I've read on here I'm not so sure now!

Well thats what happens when opinions are high.

I've read your message board and there are a lot of accusations floating about regarding OAFC and our shithousery. Anyone on here will tell you one of the things we moan about is that we do not do that sort of thing, so all in all it works both ways.

Thanks for the compliments though.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

She was stood behind me at Ipswich and the amount of shit she was shouting made me move at half time.

Also witnessed her at Hartlepool screaming abuse at the players at full time when they came over 🙄 

Archived