MATCH: vs Port Vale (A) 09/04/22

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played well but defensively we were lose today. Can’t let 3 in and expect anything. Stevenage winning is a disaster. With their run in u have to be really worried. Hope going off is a disaster. We can’t afford best team not out there. Today for example hopcutt comes on, contributes nothing. Literally nowt at all. I’m not sure without best team we are going to get the points we need. Huge huge game next week at home. Need to beat Northampton. 

1 minute ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

That's the only positive today.

Not really. I can take positives from that game. We deserved a draw against a team supposedly flying. But for a cowardly ref, we might have actually won it. 

Just now, BP1960 said:

Whatever happened to Bahamboula, he might have been just the player for this game on a wide pitch?

Def for last 30. Big pitch likely get 1 on 1 today but no where to be seen. With hope out though he may get a chance 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

Played well but defensively we were lose today. Can’t let 3 in and expect anything. Stevenage winning is a disaster. With their run in u have to be really worried. Hope going off is a disaster. We can’t afford best team not out there. Today for example hopcutt comes on, contributes nothing. Literally nowt at all. I’m not sure without best team we are going to get the points we need. Huge huge game next week at home. Need to beat Northampton. 

you forgetting Barrow? 

I usually laugh at some of the ref comments on here, but that referee is an absolute disgrace. Shez is furious at FT. 2 red cards and 2 strong pen appeals and none given. I’m not saying they all were but to give none of those decisions was a disgrace.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

I usually laugh at some of the ref comments on here, but that referee is an absolute disgrace. Shez is furious at FT. 2 red cards and 2 strong pen appeals and none given. I’m not saying they all were but to give none of those decisions was a disgrace.

Def two reds. Both clear. 

I’d say one pen for sure. 

Gutted with that, thought Latics deserved a point against a team fancied to go up. The ref's decision making was bizarre and has, no doubt, cost a point at least. Hopefully Hope's injury is not bad enough to put him out of action. Can't believe I just said that.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Def two reds. Both clear. 

I’d say one pen for sure. 

The Garrity tackle was horrendous and 100% a red. The GK one is 50/50 I think, i know Luamba is in close proximity but is it a real goal scoring opportunity, i’m not so sure. 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

The Garrity tackle was horrendous and 100% a red. The GK one is 50/50 I think, i know Luamba is in close proximity but is it a real goal scoring opportunity, i’m not so sure. 

Of course it is. Keeper is last man, he picks it up. Red. 

As awful as it is that Stevenage have won, Barrow losing is the big positive.  Our run in is bad, but theirs is worse.  Every team they play has something to fight for, Crawley at home on the final day could be the match that makes a difference for us.

Archived