Another joint statement. PTB, OSSF and FLG

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No, they've been trying to be all things to all men. If you really believe than boycotting/protesting will have the desired effect then commit to it fully, no more surveys, no more we'll support this manager but not that manager.

Didn’t you want to stay up?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No, they've been trying to be all things to all men. If you really believe than boycotting/protesting will have the desired effect then commit to it fully, no more surveys, no more we'll support this manager but not that manager.

You make out things are literally Black and White, Rob, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. You have to try a number of options to get the exposure you need. Sky made comment about the protests outside the ground with a coffin. So protesting outside the ground has made an impact. Inside the ground proteas from other supporters has made an impact also. Newspapers from all over the world have done pieces of each type of protest. That’s the exposure that brings more parties to the table. 

Surveys have to be done to gauge fans thoughts, whether you agree or not it has brought us data which if this was used by the club, could have prevented the mess we are in now. 

The support this manager not others was done to give backing to a manager who has done the unthinkable twice before. Shez deserved our support, clearly from results no matter how many fans you put in the ground though with the shocking standard of players on show it doesn’t make a jot of difference. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we would have got pelters for not supporting in the clubs hour of need, because after all, it wasn’t just about staying in league 2 for money it’s the risk of redundancies of staff at the club. It affects everyone. 

26 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

You make out things are literally Black and White, Rob, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. You have to try a number of options to get the exposure you need. Sky made comment about the protests outside the ground with a coffin. So protesting outside the ground has made an impact. Inside the ground proteas from other supporters has made an impact also. Newspapers from all over the world have done pieces of each type of protest. That’s the exposure that brings more parties to the table. 

Surveys have to be done to gauge fans thoughts, whether you agree or not it has brought us data which if this was used by the club, could have prevented the mess we are in now. 

The support this manager not others was done to give backing to a manager who has done the unthinkable twice before. Shez deserved our support, clearly from results no matter how many fans you put in the ground though with the shocking standard of players on show it doesn’t make a jot of difference. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we would have got pelters for not supporting in the clubs hour of need, because after all, it wasn’t just about staying in league 2 for money it’s the risk of redundancies of staff at the club. It affects everyone. 

So you'll be encourage support next season given we are in an even darker hour of need? After all the further we fall the greater risk to the issues you outline?

Surely if this is your angle why have you encouraged fans to stay away given it is that money that pays the wages.

Were you backing Shez or those employed by the club in recent weeks then? Protests were in full swing even Abdallah released a statement and then you've switched tack based on a managerial appointment, I don't often agree with Eyresy but i have to say this backing Shez and the team routine has bit us on the arse, it's even encouraged shitpeas back in to the fold.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So you'll be encourage support next season given we are in an even darker hour of need? After all the further we fall the greater risk to the issues you outline?

Surely if this is your angle why have you encouraged fans to stay away given it is that money that pays the wages.

Were you backing Shez or those employed by the club in recent weeks then? Protests were in full swing even Abdallah released a statement and then you've switched tack based on a managerial appointment, I don't often agree with Eyresy but i have to say this backing Shez and the team routine has bit us on the arse, it's even encouraged shitpeas back in to the fold.

The club is going to be on a low budget now anyway as it has been since Wellens was sacked. I think personally the message needs to be about forcing the owners. The pressure needs to be increased on them to sell. Getting fans back in at the start of the season helps no one in the long run. The concerns we have raised were over the difference in funding between L2 and the conference.  If Abdallah can’t fund the limited staff he has now then we have no hope. 

Has it bitten us on the arse, really? What has changed between shez coming in and now? Realistically Protest has raised the profile of the clubs issues to an international stage. That can only be a good thing. 

Turn this on its head if we had continued to protest even when shez came in, people would have then had the chance to point the finger at PTB, The foundation and the Athleticos for not doing what they can to help survival. Sometimes you won’t please everyone but I’m satisfied we have done what we could. 

The fanbase desperately wanted their football club to stay in the EFL in the hope that we could attract new owners for next season.
Backing  Shez, who came in to try and keep us up, was the very least we could do, whilst turning up in numbers also demonstrated to potential investors that we are a club with massive potential!

Now relegation has been confirmed, I like many others, will not set foot in BP again until they are gone!

I really don’t understand why anyone should be questioning our motives….it’s quite obvious to me.

38 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The fanbase desperately wanted their football club to stay in the EFL in the hope that we could attract new owners for next season.
Backing  Shez, who came in to try and keep us up, was the very least we could do, whilst turning up in numbers also demonstrated to potential investors that we are a club with massive potential!

Now relegation has been confirmed, I like many others, will not set foot in BP again until they are gone!

I really don’t understand why anyone should be questioning our motives….it’s quite obvious to me.

got a ST so l'm goin crawley to protest but then thats it

54 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

The club is going to be on a low budget now anyway as it has been since Wellens was sacked. I think personally the message needs to be about forcing the owners. The pressure needs to be increased on them to sell. Getting fans back in at the start of the season helps no one in the long run. The concerns we have raised were over the difference in funding between L2 and the conference.  If Abdallah can’t fund the limited staff he has now then we have no hope. 

Has it bitten us on the arse, really? What has changed between shez coming in and now? Realistically Protest has raised the profile of the clubs issues to an international stage. That can only be a good thing. 

Turn this on its head if we had continued to protest even when shez came in, people would have then had the chance to point the finger at PTB, The foundation and the Athleticos for not doing what they can to help survival. Sometimes you won’t please everyone but I’m satisfied we have done what we could. 

So are you happy for more jobs to be lost at the club as you starve it of finance? Where does it end? Abdallah is well within his rights to stay away and just allow us to sink and sink paying wages accordingly. 

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So are you happy for more jobs to be lost at the club as you starve it of finance? Where does it end? Abdallah is well within his rights to stay away and just allow us to sink and sink paying wages accordingly. 

Most staff are doing the jobs of three or four people anyway. So to get rid of more would be foolish. This however is Abdallah we are talking about. 

Fans are also within their rights to not fund him until a sale is completed. 

I've been going since 1959 and rising and dropping levels makes no difference to me.

I'm what they call by definition a fan.

I do hope for new owners though as the best hope for the future of the club.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not the time to be trolling kid.

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The footballing revenue distribution system is about to "starve" your club of close to £1m worth  of finance per year because of the League that the owner has taken it into. The owner. Not the fans. 

Your thought processes are bizarre. You write as though the Lemsagams are merely passive observers, reacting to fresh acts of beastlinesss. 

16 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Who are the FLG members, heard literally nothing from them?

15 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Simon Brooke, Paul Whitehead, & Simon Wood I think?

9 hours ago, philwhite said:

Aren’t they the OEC ?

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes

Simon Brooke, Richard Dennis, and Paul Whitehead are listed as directors of the OEC. Blitz and Gazal are still listed as the main shareholders.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/09484918/officers

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Make no mistake, I think you will find there is only one person to blame for cutting back finance at this football club and that person has managed it all by himself !!

48 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

The footballing revenue distribution system is about to "starve" your club of close to £1m worth  of finance per year because of the League that the owner has taken it into. The owner. Not the fans. 

Your thought processes are bizarre. You write as though the Lemsagams are merely passive observers, reacting to fresh acts of beastlinesss. 

Not bizarre at all, many share my view, I am well aware of the consequences of relegation it is why I purchased a season ticket as I feared the worst given our playing budget, I respected those who chose to boycott but on the back of one managerial appointment which ultimately just papered over the cracks many jumped on a band wagon to try and prevent the inevitable, now I am not defending Abdallahs mismanagement that isn't up for debate but all that the increase in attendances has done is prolong his involvement.

I personally don't think he is going anywhere judged on his previous and this could potentially go on for years to come given the mans stubbornness, all he is likely to do is keep cutting the cloth accordingly as ultimately it is his ball we are playing with and nobody is going to give him what he wants for it.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not bizarre at all, many share my view, I am well aware of the consequences of relegation it is why I purchased a season ticket as I feared the worst given our playing budget, I respected those who chose to boycott but on the back of one managerial appointment which ultimately just papered over the cracks many jumped on a band wagon to try and prevent the inevitable, now I am not defending Abdallahs mismanagement that isn't up for debate but all that the increase in attendances has done is prolong his involvement.

I personally don't think he is going anywhere judged on his previous and this could potentially go on for years to come given the mans stubbornness, all he is likely to do is keep cutting the cloth accordingly as ultimately it is his ball we are playing with and nobody is going to give him what he wants for it.

You've given reasons for and against buying match tickets in the same post. If you're going to argue with yourself, please do it in private. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

You've given reasons for and against buying match tickets in the same post. If you're going to argue with yourself, please do it in private. 

No I buy mine, there are plenty who say they aren't going who do though.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No I buy mine, there are plenty who say they aren't going who do though.

"it is why I purchased a season ticket as I feared the worst given our playing budget"

"all that the increase in attendances has done is prolong his involvement" 

You want him to go, but you're going to give him money which you say will prolong his stay. Bizarre. 

18 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

"it is why I purchased a season ticket as I feared the worst given our playing budget"

"all that the increase in attendances has done is prolong his involvement" 

You want him to go, but you're going to give him money which you say will prolong his stay. Bizarre. 

Yes the 1st snippet is what I did last season the second is what all the stayaways have done who decided to come back for a couple of months on the back of a managerial appointment.  

All the protesting looks as if it is geared up around results these same problems which exist today were here the day before and the day after Shez was appointed.

Somebody answer me one question if Shez did manage the improbable what would of been the plan next season?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes the 1st snippet is what I did last season the second is what all the stayaways have done who decided to come back for a couple of months on the back of a managerial appointment.  

All the protesting looks as if it is geared up around results these same problems which exist today were here the day before and the day after Shez was appointed.

Somebody answer me one question if Shez did manage the improbable what would of been the plan next season?

It's been clearly stated that the situation is looked at on its merits. If we'd stayed up I personally wouldn't have put any more money into the club until the clowns have gone. I certainly won't be next season. 

Now tell me how you are going to support the playing budget whilst not giving AL any money to prolong his stay. 

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

It's been clearly stated that the situation is looked at on its merits. If we'd stayed up I personally wouldn't have put any more money into the club until the clowns have gone. I certainly won't be next season. 

Now tell me how you are going to support the playing budget whilst not giving AL any money to prolong his stay. 

I'm supporting it I've bought my season ticket, I've tried to clarify that for you already. 

If it goes tits up which we all hope it does then great.

My reference to Abdallah prolonging his stay was aimed at the 3000 stayaways or so swelling the home gate at about 50k a match, bet he thought his Christmas' had come all at once when Shez came in, like I said at the time it had shitpeas written all over it.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm supporting it I've bought my season ticket, I've tried to clarify that for you already. 

If it goes tits up which we all hope it does then great.

My reference to Abdallah prolonging his stay was aimed at the 3000 stayaways or so swelling the home gate at about 50k a match, bet he thought his Christmas' had come all at once when Shez came in, like I said at the time it had shitpeas written all over it.

I can't work out if you are trolling or are just genuinely thick. Either way there's no point in trying to have a discussion and I'm putting you in the DEyres envelope. 

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

I can't work out if you are trolling or are just genuinely thick. Either way there's no point in trying to have a discussion and I'm putting you in the DEyres envelope. 

I'm presuming you don't like others who have differing opinions, maybe forum's are not for you?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I think he would have stayed if we stayed up. I don’t think he has a pot to piss in! He simply won’t be able to afford to fund it.

Archived