Another joint statement. PTB, OSSF and FLG

3 hours ago, singe said:

We deserve more information than be told to give blind faith. There has been more than a year to get information ready. 

I battled (as a volunteer) for a year trying to raise funds for the lottery, but partly a lack of support led me to walk away.

Some might say that a clear vision was necessary, but the survey gave out the same answer as the previous vision

Imagine the funds we'd have if the same appeals started a year ago. We all know we should have done it years ago even then. 

What funds do we have, what funds to the FLG have? We know a waiting game has been played till the price drops.

We know Blitz retains a ransom strip, what are the plans for that?

Given our past ownership issues, transparency is the bare minimum. 

Questions so far have sometimes met with hostility, so I hope the tide has turned. 

It's a classic sales technique to rush you into buying something, only to fall foul of buyers remorse. 

I don't doubt the FLG and they have some pedigree, would be better owners than the current one, but we're told there are people interested are they being held back or are they part of the same group. 

The more information the more likelihood of widespread backing

Who are the FLG members,heard literally nothing from them?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Time for them to put up or shut up in my opinion, might not be popular given they are seen as the saviour but hey ho.

I don't see anyone building them up as saviours.

When you say put up or shut what does that even mean. They are the hospitality firm that leases the hospitality in one of the stands off brassbank and gives the fans a place to drink before and after the game. What you expecting them to do they do not have a say in running the club they don't own the land and are not responsible for our relegation.

That responsibility falls on (in this order of responsibility) the Lemsagams as owners for the likes of Barry Owen for being an enabler and to Blitz Gazal and Corney for not doing more between 2010 and 2017 to find more competent people to take the club forward.

So it’s the day after our worst fears came true. Let’s all try to move this forward.  There are things which need to become clearer.  Can we now agree that the most difficult and expensive issue is looking into the prospect of getting the land and Boundary Park in friendly hands?

OASF need to know how much the commercial market values this at. No more delays.  

There needs to be negotiation with Blitz. Can a price be agreed? ( has anyone tried?)

Do the FLG still have funds they are prepared to invest in this purchase? If so is there a shortfall that the OASF need to try to raise from the fan base, and hence become shareholders in the land. ( There needs surely now to be numbers/targets)

There has been talk but no information. Let’s hope we get some answers from the fans forum. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't see anyone building them up as saviours.

When you say put up or shut what does that even mean. They are the hospitality firm that leases the hospitality in one of the stands off brassbank and gives the fans a place to drink before and after the game. What you expecting them to do they do not have a say in running the club they don't own the land and are not responsible for our relegation.

That responsibility falls on (in this order of responsibility) the Lemsagams as owners for the likes of Barry Owen for being an enabler and to Blitz Gazal and Corney for not doing more between 2010 and 2017 to find more competent people to take the club forward.

I might be reading this wrong but to me the FLG look to be feathering their own nest (they have previous) whilst Rome appears to be burning around them, now I get it that you can get a nice pie and peas and a pint before the game in 'their' establishment but all that does is take further finance away from the football club, like I've said previous I'm happy to be proved wrong but for me there are still far more questions to answer particularly their relationship with Blitz which as we know will only ultimately be to the benefit of Blitz, they and their buddies seem to be behind a lot of the discontent but remain largely faceless.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I might be reading this wrong but to me the FLG look to be feathering their own nest (they have previous) whilst Rome appears to be burning around them, now I get it that you can get a nice pie and peas and a pint before the game in 'their' establishment but all that does is take further finance away from the football club, like I've said previous I'm happy to be proved wrong but for me there are still far more questions to answer particularly their relationship with Blitz which as we know will only ultimately be to the benefit of Blitz, they and their buddies seem to be behind a lot of the discontent but remain largely faceless.

You going to the forum?

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I seem to remember the initial information about the FLG intentions seemed good. To purchase the ground and run the OEC almost as a service to the club at near cost so the club could make good profit. 

Then they went quiet. Maybe the pandemic had impact on the plans and finance, (only surmising). This going completely quiet apart from the running of the OEC for their own benefit has made us all loose trust.

if they really are fans and interested in being part of the solution, they better have something serious to tell us and they need to commit to being open.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

the forum

47 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I seem to remember the initial information about the FLG intentions seemed good. To purchase the ground and run the OEC almost as a service to the club at near cost so the club could make good profit. 

Then they went quiet. Maybe the pandemic had impact on the plans and finance, (only surmising). This going completely quiet apart from the running of the OEC for their own benefit has made us all loose trust.

if they really are fans and interested in being part of the solution, they better have something serious to tell us and they need to commit to being open.

I think it went quiet when Blitz agreed a deal for the ground with Abdallah having earlier done the same with FLG.

This was before AL took him to court claiming the club owned the JRS all along!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Ask the questions then.  Go to the forum.

58 minutes ago, Pidge said:

But they'd have been slaughtered if they'd run it for the club's benefit with the Lemsagams in charge

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But they'd have been slaughtered if they'd run it for the club's benefit with the Lemsagams in charge

Very true. Exactly why we somehow need to find a way through all these vested interests and get a united and (hopefully) competent ownership of club and ground, hugely difficult as that seems at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Ask the questions then.  Go to the forum.

As I've already stated I will be working that night, I'm happy for any of them to make clear their intentions through a variety of means though, it might be easier then to get onboard.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Very true. Exactly why we somehow need to find a way through all these vested interests and get a united and (hopefully) competent ownership of club and ground, hugely difficult as that seems at the moment.

If they are represented at the forum , and they really have to be, then a strategy of how the club, under new ownership, may be able to benefit form the business activities in the Joe Royle stand needs to be described.

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If they are represented at the forum , and they really have to be, then a strategy of how the club, under new ownership, may be able to benefit form the business activities in the Joe Royle stand needs to be described.

If they are involved financially in any club takeover then I’d expect the OEC business to be handed over to the club. Anything else is unacceptable. 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Time for everyone to put up or shut up, fans, supporter groups, prospective owners, current owners, former owners, everyone.

I know I'm not an expert, but haven't PTB and the Foundation been "putting up" for quite a long time now? It's a bloody silly soundbite anyway, because sitting on your hands and saying nothing is only going to get you more of the same. 

It's bad enough that the club is going down. But the managerial ineptitude that caused this is going to be amplified next year when you take the best part of a million quid out of your annual budget. I very much doubt that the Lemsagams will make that shortfall good, and do they really seem like people who are going to change their approach or learn from their mistakes?

I think you need a paradigm shift and some entirely new - and competent - people at the helm. Otherwise your club seems to be under an existential threat. 

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If they are involved financially in any club takeover then I’d expect the OEC business to be handed over to the club. Anything else is unacceptable. 

I think that's the idea but the trouble is AL will probably reject any deal involving FLG out of spite so we'd have to hope for them to sell up to new owners further down the line.

31 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I know I'm not an expert, but haven't PTB and the Foundation been "putting up" for quite a long time now? It's a bloody silly soundbite anyway, because sitting on your hands and saying nothing is only going to get you more of the same. 

It's bad enough that the club is going down. But the managerial ineptitude that caused this is going to be amplified next year when you take the best part of a million quid out of your annual budget. I very much doubt that the Lemsagams will make that shortfall good, and do they really seem like people who are going to change their approach or learn from their mistakes?

I think you need a paradigm shift and some entirely new - and competent - people at the helm. Otherwise your club seems to be under an existential threat. 

No, they've been trying to be all things to all men. If you really believe than boycotting/protesting will have the desired effect then commit to it fully, no more surveys, no more we'll support this manager but not that manager.

Archived