Another joint statement. PTB, OSSF and FLG

Just now, Andy b said:

I know. The apparent cynicism amongst Oldham fans, unwillingness to take a pragmatic view and what appears to be a deep suspicion of anyone who shows any leadership qualities is a real worry. 

Perhaps that’s Oldham folk for you… 

I have been on this message board since the start and jk latics before that, at times I have just read the board due to the fact that most discussions or debates are turned sour by certain individuals who seem to feel its ok to be insulting, over critical and show a severe lack of respect towards other fans because of their opinions.

I sometimes read #twitter and it is so toxic, the views and comments of some latics fans on there are quite unbelievable at times, so much hatred and abuse towards other fans and those in and arond the club.

I really cant imagine a time when us all as fans can sit and discuss the future of this club and how to move it forward. Sad times when we should all be pulling together and putting faith in each other, listening to different views and understand we all have different backgrounds, skills, opinions that should all be respected, for the good of the club if nothing else.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I have been on this message board since the start and jk latics before that, at times I have just read the board due to the fact that most discussions or debates are turned sour by certain individuals who seem to feel its ok to be insulting, over critical and show a severe lack of respect towards other fans because of their opinions.

I sometimes read #twitter and it is so toxic, the views and comments of some latics fans on there are quite unbelievable at times, so much hatred and abuse towards other fans and those in and arond the club.

I really cant imagine a time when us all as fans can sit and discuss the future of this club and how to move it forward. Sad times when we should all be pulling together and putting faith in each other, listening to different views and understand we all have different backgrounds, skills, opinions that should all be respected, for the good of the club if nothing else.

And the irony being that our fans inability to pull together in our time of need could be an equally contributing factor in our eventual death. 

Blame AL, Corney, Moore, JWL, whoever 

but our fans need to be the solution. If we don’t give it our best shot then the blame partly lies with us.

OASF and PTB have provided a vehicle for fans to be part of the solution. If fans don’t take that opportunity it will be hugely disapointing. 

Sorry but I can’t get excited by the flg, more smoke and mirrors than any substance. Seem happy to make money and cosy up to blitz. One built the stand and messed it up the other got in bed with corney, al and now blitz. Happy to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Sorry but I can’t get excited by the flg, more smoke and mirrors than any substance. Seem happy to make money and cosy up to blitz. One built the stand and messed it up the other got in bed with corney, al and now blitz. Happy to be proven wrong.

Look forward to your questions on 12th which will be important to determining whether you are proven wrong or not 

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know from doing voluntary work, the worst critics are often the ones who never put themselves forward to give help.

I can assure you that this, and the other issues highlighted on this thread, are not unique to Oldham. It happens within our fan base too, and it is exactly the same type of people doing it. Human nature, I guess.

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I know from doing voluntary work, the worst critics are often the ones who never put themselves forward to give help.

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Absolutely

44 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I know. The apparent cynicism amongst Oldham fans, unwillingness to take a pragmatic view and what appears to be a deep suspicion of anyone who shows any leadership qualities is a real worry. 

Perhaps that’s Oldham folk for you… 

With respect you know nothing about me. I’ve done plenty of volunteering and had a foundation that donated to charities in my previous company.

I’ve also ‘donated’ more to the trust in the past than most here will have done… god knows where that went. I’m willing to again, but I will wait and see. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Following on from the joint statement of April 8th, we have another…

Doesn’t say too much actually, and may be just to confirm FLG are involved. 

The only way to draw a line under this disastrous regime, that still fails to acknowledge or rectify their mistakes, continually break their promises and blame the fans, is to find solutions in a completely unified fan base who share the same vision for the future of Oldham Athletic.

Absolutely right - I`ve often said we are too small a fanbase to be fragmented via different splinter groups. A unified force will have my unconditional backing.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

With respect you know nothing about me. I’ve done plenty of volunteering and had a foundation that donated to charities in my previous company.

I’ve also ‘donated’ more to the trust in the past than most here will have done… god knows where that went. I’m willing to again, but I will wait and see. 

With respect, there isn’t much time to wait and see. I’d make a decision PDQ. That applies to all fans who have the means to donate 

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Absolutely right - I`ve often said we are too small a fanbase to be fragmented via different splinter groups. A unified force will have my unconditional backing.

But PTB (as a splinter group) was necessary at the time to kick the trust into shape and raise the issues that the trust couldn’t or wouldn’t. The trust’s current position is a direct product of PTB’s action 

am pleased to see this level of collaboration. 

34 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Look forward to your questions on 12th which will be important to determining whether you are proven wrong or not 

Why will it?

You can ask Boris Johnson a question - what you get back doesn't (never) mean it's the truth 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Why will it?

You can ask Boris Johnson a question - what you get back doesn't (never) mean it's the truth 

Well if you go into it with that attitude then 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

As evidenced by the last FLG q&a session. 

If you don’t like the answers, then that settles it for you. 

Just now, Andy b said:

Eh? The last q&a was, as it turns out, a nonsense. Wasn’t it? 

Their track record of appeasing Blitz and feathering nests speaks for itself. They have a bit of work to do with quite a few fans. What’s wrong with acknowledging that? 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Eh? The last q&a was, as it turns out, a nonsense. Wasn’t it? 

Their track record of appeasing Blitz and feathering nests speaks for itself. They have a bit of work to do with quite a few fans. What’s wrong with acknowledging that? 

Agree 100 per cent.

Go and ask the questions of them. As I say if the answers don’t appease you that’s ok.

But as you are open to being convinced I would hope you will give them the opportunity to do that on 12th. That’s all. 

8 minutes ago, Andy b said:

No attitude at all and I won't be going anyway

We have had far too many silver tongued statements from Moore, Blitz, Corney, AL, Evans and the FLG

No reason to not be cautious this will be no different.

There has been literally zero movement or update since their initial statement way back when 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No attitude at all and I won't be going anyway

We have had far too many silver tongued statements from Moore, Blitz, Corney, AL, Evans and the FLG

No reason to not be cautious this will be no different.

There has been literally zero movement or update since their initial statement way back when 

You’ve decided they are no good? I understand 

does this affect your willingness to back the trust with £?

Just out of interest

5 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Just out of interest

I have backed the trust with £

I will continue to monitor the latest development with interest.  If they prove me wrong, great, I'm not a sadist who wants everything to do with the club to fail (or I wouldn't be dragging my arse to the game today).

I and the fans have been burnt many times and my days of blindly welcoming anyone with open arms are over.  I'm old enough and wise enough now to know people in business (as the FLG are) rarely do anything from a purely philanthropic motive and usually have nest lining in mind.

The Trust and PTB are just fans trying to galvanise a movement and I trust them to make better judgement than me in the long term once they know the details and to fire them off if it doesn't seem right as they did with that Lees fellow 

6 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Just out of interest

Who wants the money, how much do they want and do you think it will do any good?

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I have backed the trust with £

I will continue to monitor the latest development with interest.  If they prove me wrong, great, I'm not a sadist who wants everything to do with the club to fail (or I wouldn't be dragging my arse to the game today).

I and the fans have been burnt many times and my days of blindly welcoming anyone with open arms are over.  I'm old enough and wise enough now to know people in business (as the FLG are) rarely do anything from a purely philanthropic motive and usually have nest lining in mind.

The Trust and PTB are just fans trying to galvanise a movement and I trust them to make better judgement than me in the long term once they know the details and to fire them off if it doesn't seem right as they did with that Lees fellow 

This. 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Following on from the joint statement of April 8th, we have another…

Doesn’t say too much actually, and may be just to confirm FLG are involved. 

Please see below our joint full statement following the latest article today in the national news L, highlighting the clubs demise;

As three groups, each filled with lifelong supporters with the Club’s best interests at heart, we are of one mind that there is no future for our club under this regime and they must go.

This historic, family club of ours has been shattered by the Lemsagams and it has taken just four painful years to reach this new, lowest point.

In recent months, our three groups have been working hard to develop a mutual trust and understanding and have held initial discussions to explore how we could work successfully together.

The only way to draw a line under this disastrous regime, that still fails to acknowledge or rectify their mistakes, continually break their promises and blame the fans, is to find solutions in a completely unified fan base who share the same vision for the future of Oldham Athletic.

Good statement fully behind it we need a unified voice.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

absolutely no chance. he be too busy nosing thru fb adding people he doesnt know and tryna talk about people who don't wana know him anymore.

Archived