Another joint statement. PTB, OSSF and FLG

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

I can assure you that this, and the other issues highlighted on this thread, are not unique to Oldham. It happens within our fan base too, and it is exactly the same type of people doing it. Human nature, I guess.

All voluntary work in all walks of life. l've done soup kitchens and did stuff for tRNIB and it made me wish l wasnt such a naiive muggins type.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think their is a big difference between cynicism and caution. 

Indeed but there's far of the former than the latter in evidence and, frankly, the time for the latter has gone. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think their is a big difference between cynicism and caution. 

true but weve got no more time for caution its time people pick between blind faith and shutting the fuck up. you don't have to point out any irony here, it was so obvious that l almost didnt post 😂.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed but there's far of the former than the latter in evidence and, frankly, the time for the latter has gone. 

It’s not quite that black or white IMO.

I agree- there’s is far to much cynicism, usually by people who offer nothing. But I don’t think people asking questions at the forum is unhealthy, in fact Matt is welcoming that. That be construed as caution, but people may want to ask where their money is going, and I think that’s perfectly reasonable. 

You can be supportive and probing. 

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

true but weve got no more time for caution its time people pick between blind faith and shutting the fuck up. you don't have to point out any irony here, it was so obvious that l almost didnt post 😂.

It’s the blind faith thing for me Monty. 

You’ll get no bigger cheerleader of Matt and the PTB than me, but I do understand peoples caution as long as it’s for the greater good, and adds to the debate. And isn’t just to pick holes in the only people with a plan 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I agree- there’s is far to much cynicism, usually by people who offer nothing. But I don’t think people asking questions at the forum is unhealthy, in fact Matt is welcoming that. That be construed as caution, but people may want to ask where their money is going, and I think that’s perfectly reasonable. 

Couldn't agree more.  The more questions the better.  As long as people don't expect definitive answers on everything  - because they ain't available.

lve not worked since november so lve got no chuckabout money so l cant do much other than l had a go on the webshop. but l cant abide anybody havin a go at these humans jus bc theyve got an agenda or are weird as fuck sit in ya bedroom stalkin people online types.

total, total losers.

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

100% 

and from what l can gather just from listening is that theyre all open to a vigorous probing, indeed l think they would welcome it (sorry🙄). thats what l love about them they are literally right there doing pretty much all they can and both calling on and calling out scrutiny. don't mess w them if youre a dodgy cunt like BO tho bc they will destroy you.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

100% 

and from what l can gather just from listening is that theyre all open to a vigorous probing, indeed l think they would welcome it (sorry🙄). thats what l love about them they are literally right there doing pretty much all they can and both calling on and calling out scrutiny. don't mess w them if youre a dodgy cunt like BO tho bc they will destroy you.

Yeah, that’s their biggest asset for me. Matt says literally every week- talk to me, ask what you want. He’s excellent at building trust (no pun intended) in that sense. 

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Sorry but I can’t get excited by the flg, more smoke and mirrors than any substance. Seem happy to make money and cosy up to blitz. One built the stand and messed it up the other got in bed with corney, al and now blitz. Happy to be proven wrong.

It. Doesn't. Matter. Now

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It. Doesn't. Matter. Now

What doesn’t? 

How we got here doesn’t matter now I agree. 

That doesn’t mean people get a free pass for any previous… obviously.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What doesn’t? 

How we got here doesn’t matter now I agree. 

That doesn’t mean people get a free pass for any previous… obviously.

historic doubts and bickering.  Yes, challenge them, definitely challenge them - but I'm reading so many factions just bickering that my confidence of the fans actually uniting for the common good of the club is receding from 'well you never know' towards the levels of 'pigs might fly'

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

historic doubts and bickering.  Yes, challenge them, definitely challenge them - but I'm reading so many factions just bickering that my confidence of the fans actually uniting for the common good of the club is receding from 'well you never know' towards the levels of 'pigs might fly'

Not sure that’s true. People only have problems with the FLG. It’s valid. I personally only really have a problem with one of them. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure that’s true. People only have problems with the FLG. It’s valid. I personally only really have a problem with one of them. 

You've got to be kidding.   Loads of people do nothing but badmouth some or all of the Foundation, PTB, the pod etc.   There are still some people who post n various media that they still support the Lemsagams

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You've got to be kidding.   Loads of people do nothing but badmouth some or all of the Foundation, PTB, the pod etc.   There are still some people who post n various media that they still support the Lemsagams

I don’t see that so I am not aware. How many in number are they? A handful of loudmouths on FB, or wherever, aren’t very important.

On here I think most are behind the PTB, BPAS and OASF. Many are not happy with FLG. 

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Can anyone tell me who the FLG are? I’ve only ever know for sure who two of them are. 

Time for them to put up or shut up in my opinion, might not be popular given they are seen as the saviour but hey ho.

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s the blind faith thing for me Monty. 

You’ll get no bigger cheerleader of Matt and the PTB than me, but I do understand peoples caution as long as it’s for the greater good, and adds to the debate. And isn’t just to pick holes in the only people with a plan 

Caution yes. Probe, yes. Come to a view based on what facts you can get access to. Yes. 

agree on caution with the FLG. They have proved nothing yet. But at some point very soon you are probably going to have to realise they are better than the alternative and need to be backed. Or decide that they aren’t and do nothing

and that’s the point. You measure the appeal of something against the alternative. Thats your reference point in determining whether something deserves your backing.

there is no time to wait for the perfect option to come and save us. News flash. It ain’t happening 

22 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Caution yes. Probe, yes. Come to a view based on what facts you can get access to. Yes. 

agree on caution with the FLG. They have proved nothing yet. But at some point very soon you are probably going to have to realise they are better than the alternative and need to be backed. Or decide that they aren’t and do nothing

and that’s the point. You measure the appeal of something against the alternative. Thats your reference point in determining whether something deserves your backing.

there is no time to wait for the perfect option to come and save us. News flash. It ain’t happening 

You’re singing to the choir. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I don’t see that so I am not aware. How many in number are they? A handful of loudmouths on FB, or wherever, aren’t very important.

On here I think most are behind the PTB, BPAS and OASF. Many are not happy with FLG. 

Here really isn't a big universe 

We deserve more information than be told to give blind faith. There has been more than a year to get information ready. 

I battled (as a volunteer) for a year trying to raise funds for the lottery, but partly a lack of support led me to walk away.

Some might say that a clear vision was necessary, but the survey gave out the same answer as the previous vision

Imagine the funds we'd have if the same appeals started a year ago. We all know we should have done it years ago even then. 

What funds do we have, what funds to the FLG have? We know a waiting game has been played till the price drops.

We know Blitz retains a ransom strip, what are the plans for that?

Given our past ownership issues, transparency is the bare minimum. 

Questions so far have sometimes met with hostility, so I hope the tide has turned. 

It's a classic sales technique to rush you into buying something, only to fall foul of buyers remorse. 

I don't doubt the FLG and they have some pedigree, would be better owners than the current one, but we're told there are people interested are they being held back or are they part of the same group. 

The more information the more likelihood of widespread backing

2 minutes ago, singe said:

We deserve more information than be told to give blind faith. There has been more than a year to get information ready. 

I battled (as a volunteer) for a year trying to raise funds for the lottery, but partly a lack of support led me to walk away.

Some might say that a clear vision was necessary, but the survey gave out the same answer as the previous vision

Imagine the funds we'd have if the same appeals started a year ago. We all know we should have done it years ago even then. 

What funds do we have, what funds to the FLG have? We know a waiting game has been played till the price drops.

We know Blitz retains a ransom strip, what are the plans for that?

Given our past ownership issues, transparency is the bare minimum. 

Questions so far have sometimes met with hostility, so I hope the tide has turned. 

It's a classic sales technique to rush you into buying something, only to fall foul of buyers remorse. 

I don't doubt the FLG and they have some pedigree, would be better owners than the current one, but we're told there are people interested are they being held back or are they part of the same group. 

The more information the more likelihood of widespread backing

Maybe today was a good day for the would be investment groups, I would think the club value has gone from very little to feck all in the last 3 hours.

31 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Maybe today was a good day for the would be investment groups, I would think the club value has gone from very little to feck all in the last 3 hours.

Indeed. 

Can't understand Lemsagam not selling, it's clear it would be worth far less in non league. 

If it goes into admin, he'll lose a lot. 

The worst case is he goes vindictive like Steve Dale, of course. 

Archived