Another joint statement. PTB, OSSF and FLG

Following on from the joint statement of April 8th, we have another…

Doesn’t say too much actually, and may be just to confirm FLG are involved. 

Please see below our joint full statement following the latest article today in the national news L, highlighting the clubs demise;

As three groups, each filled with lifelong supporters with the Club’s best interests at heart, we are of one mind that there is no future for our club under this regime and they must go.

This historic, family club of ours has been shattered by the Lemsagams and it has taken just four painful years to reach this new, lowest point.

In recent months, our three groups have been working hard to develop a mutual trust and understanding and have held initial discussions to explore how we could work successfully together.

The only way to draw a line under this disastrous regime, that still fails to acknowledge or rectify their mistakes, continually break their promises and blame the fans, is to find solutions in a completely unified fan base who share the same vision for the future of Oldham Athletic.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lukers1 said:

Jesus, honestly, is that all you can say.

Calm down fella. I made a typo and made a light hearted quip. Why the aggressive response?

What do you want me to say. If you want my opinion of the statement then I’ll give it. 

Says nothing really and is quite poorly written.  Am I excited at the prospect of certain people in the FLG being involved? Not really. 

What have you got to say about the statement? Anything new or interesting? 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Calm down fella. I made a typo and made a light hearted quip. Why the aggressive response?

What do you want me to say. If you want my opinion of the statement then I’ll give it. 

Says nothing really and is quite poorly written.  Am I excited at the prospect of certain people in the FLG being involved? Not really. 

What have you got to say about the statement? Anything new or interesting? 

Aggressive?, bloody hell are you on your beeriod. I’ve read the statement but unlike you I’ll refrain from being smug and give it some credit.

Aggressive 😂😂

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

Aggressive?, bloody hell are you on your beeriod. I’ve read the statement but unlike you I’ll refrain from being smug and give it some credit.

Aggressive 😂😂

what credit? 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can anyone tell me who the FLG are? I’ve only ever know for sure who two of them are. 

Go on 12th. Ask questions. But make up your mind quickly as time is running out

I don’t disagree with your point on FLG and if the trust and PtB are collaborating with them, there should be a higher level of transparency. 

You and our fan base more generally are going to have to decide if we trust and want to back the trust and PtB. If they do, they need your support and, if you have the means, your £

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Can anyone tell me who the FLG are? I’ve only ever know for sure who two of them are. 

Am I 100% confident that whoever is involved both cares more about Latics and has more chance of turning it round than the Lemsagams? Yes, yes I am. Nothing else matters now. 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I don’t disagree with your point on FLG and if the trust and PtB are collaborating with them, there should be a higher level of transparency. 

You and our fan base more generally are going to have to decide if we trust and want to back the trust and PtB. If they do, they need your support and, if you have the means, your £

This what has gone on at other clubs, but some of our fans seem very defensive and super critical of people willing to help, some our fans also seem to expect that every fine detail to be made public.

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

This for me Andy

I always link the FLG to Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) which makes me really uncomfortable

Have got a ticket for the meeting and happy to listen to what they say

10 minutes ago, tGWB said:

This for me Andy

I always link the FLG to Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) which makes me really uncomfortable

Have got a ticket for the meeting and happy to listen to what they say

And understandable but do you want to be uncomfortable all the way to the NWCL?

11 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

This what has gone on at other clubs, but some of our fans seem very defensive and super critical of people willing to help, some our fans also seem to expect that every fine detail to be made public.

I know. The apparent cynicism amongst Oldham fans, unwillingness to take a pragmatic view and what appears to be a deep suspicion of anyone who shows any leadership qualities is a real worry. 

Perhaps that’s Oldham folk for you… 

Archived