Tranmere away 30-4-2022

Just as I start to prepare for what might be the worst day in my footballing life, I am thinking about anything but Salford at home today. 

I have a load of tickets for the game at Tranmere next week and am going whether we are still in the fight or whether we have succumbed and been relegated.

I am travelling by train next week as the plan is to have a few scoops to either ease the pain or to celebrate our still being in the fight, the only issue is that, whilst I have been to Prenton Park maybe 10-15 times before I have always gone by road. 

Please can anyone advise on how best to get to Prenton Park from Lime Street station and whether its better having a few pints around Liverpool or heading over to Birkenhead early doors? 

I am 60 years old and not interested in any possible skirmishes with the home fans, just want a decent day on the source and hopefully watching Latics stay in the league and in business

Cheers           

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Just as I start to prepare for what might be the worst day in my footballing life, I am thinking about anything but Salford at home today. 

I have a load of tickets for the game at Tranmere next week and am going whether we are still in the fight or whether we have succumbed and been relegated.

I am travelling by train next week as the plan is to have a few scoops to either ease the pain or to celebrate our still being in the fight, the only issue is that, whilst I have been to Prenton Park maybe 10-15 times before I have always gone by road. 

Please can anyone advise on how best to get to Prenton Park from Lime Street station and whether its better having a few pints around Liverpool or heading over to Birkenhead early doors? 

I am 60 years old and not interested in any possible skirmishes with the home fans, just want a decent day on the source and hopefully watching Latics stay in the league and in business

Cheers           

its a fair walk thru a park and hooded tracksuit youths pretending theyre not scousers

6 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Appreciate what you say there, unsworth. They have some unsavoury types for sure and have been known to prowl the streets afterwards to pick out away supporters for a kicking. A Stockport fan friend of mine once got put in hospital by their cowards (6 onto one). They seem to think we are "mancs" and they are "scousers", hence the bitter hatred. My advice - Liverpool for a drink all day long - leave Birkenhead and its environs well alone.

38 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Cheers           

I lived on Wirral until recently. Yes best to stay in Liverpool pre match, then Merseyrail train to Rock Ferry and then 15 minutes walk

33 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Appreciate what you say there, unsworth. They have some unsavoury types for sure and have been known to prowl the streets afterwards to pick out away supporters for a kicking. A Stockport fan friend of mine once got put in hospital by their cowards (6 onto one). They seem to think we are "mancs" and they are "scousers", hence the bitter hatred. My advice - Liverpool for a drink all day long - leave Birkenhead and its environs well alone.

2 minutes ago, petera1 said:

I lived on Wirral until recently. Yes best to stay in Liverpool pre match, then Merseyrail train to Rock Ferry and then 15 minutes walk

Have times changed of late? I always use to have a pre match drink in the Mersey Clipper and always found it quite welcoming to away fans - even chatted to a few Tranmere fans when in there 

2 minutes ago, petera1 said:

quite a few of us Peter - any idea of taxi fares from Liverpool (maybe near tunnel) to Prenton Park? 

Cheers mate   

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Have times changed of late? I always use to have a pre match drink in the Mersey Clipper and always found it quite welcoming to away fans - even chatted to a few Tranmere fans when in there 

Always had a bit of a nasty little crew Chaddy, used to be the Clipper but in recent years been allowed in the Prenton.  Always had a few scallies knocking about wanting some aggro  

Last time i went there was a decent boozer about 10 minutes walk away from Prenton Park but can't for life of me recall the name of it. Ended up talking to a Man City fan there - why was one of them in the Wirral I am not sure.      

Thoughts are maybe drink around Liverpool and get a number of taxis to game, leave Birtkenhead out of the equation all together  

7 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Always had a bit of a nasty little crew Chaddy, used to be the Clipper but in recent years been allowed in the Prenton.  Always had a few scallies knocking about wanting some aggro  

Last time i went there was a decent boozer about 10 minutes walk away from Prenton Park but can't for life of me recall the name of it. Ended up talking to a Man City fan there - why was one of them in the Wirral I am not sure.      

Thoughts are maybe drink around Liverpool and get a number of taxis to game, leave Birtkenhead out of the equation all together  

Strange lot in Birkenhead. I used to work there and there are a fair few anti-scouse types who support United. That said, I suppose the same applies for Liverpool fans in Oldham.

Just now, ceskylatic said:

Strange lot in Birkenhead. I used to work there and there are a fair few anti-scouse types who support United. That said, I suppose the same applies for Liverpool fans in Oldham.

Was amused by the Glodwick open top bus parade celebrating Liverpool winning the title!!!  

Years since I've been there,but the best policy for Tranmere is get in and out as fast as you can. Had coins thown at us and it was a toxic atmosphere. Although I remember a tuesday night game where when we were looking for somewhere to park, a guy came out of his house and told us to park on his drive, also refused when we offered him a few quid for it.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

they don't think they are scousers. they even sing about it.

3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Cheers           

I'd stay around Liverpool all afternoon 😂😂

8 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Cheers           

The Whites are on the train 😀

We’ll look after you 😀

You know we have in the past 👍

14 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Booing them as they come out. Last away game as a football league team for probably ever. Might as well make the most of it. 

If you travel to Prenton Park just to boo the players then you are a sad individual in my opinion…

Archived