BPAS PODCAST: 30th May '22 Bonus Episode: FLG Interview Part 2

In the second part of this 2-part bonus episode we talk to 2 of the 3 individuals that make up the group known as the FLG. We ask them about their plans to buy Boundary Park, their intentions with the OEC & GloGym and their position on use of the North Stand, the OEC & related facilities on matchdays, following the club's announcement not to use it in 2022/23.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Matt featured this topic
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great listen that and thanks Andy I thought you covered everything us fans would want to ask.

On the back of that though and I'm not crabbing what OASF and PTB are doing but I feel we need to revert back to the initial plan of shareholdings, personally I'm not wealthy but I'd donate a four figure sum either straight up or over five years if it meant we could secure our destiny and future, I am still reluctant to put anything in to the 1895 fund as ultimately donations are never going to be enough to get us anywhere, that's just my opinion mind.

Surely a deal can be brokered with Blitz going back to plan A? We are three years down the line and are effectively back to square one and we've dropped two divisions in that short time, we don't really have time to see what develops because we are sinking further as every season passes by.

I'll reiterate a point I've made before and that is that Barry Owen needs removing for the club to move forward, he goes out of his way to create problems for the football club and I can only assume that is because he has his own agenda, we are not moving forward whilst this stench is in the fold and it saddens me that he has been allowed back in to the fold but more so that Shez is prepared to work with the absolute fuck wit.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Great listen that and thanks Andy I thought you covered everything us fans would want to ask.

On the back of that though and I'm not crabbing what OASF and PTB are doing but I feel we need to revert back to the initial plan of shareholdings, personally I'm not wealthy but I'd donate a four figure sum either straight up or over five years if it meant we could secure our destiny and future, I am still reluctant to put anything in to the 1895 fund as ultimately donations are never going to be enough to get us anywhere, that's just my opinion mind.

Surely a deal can be brokered with Blitz going back to plan A? We are three years down the line and are effectively back to square one and we've dropped two divisions in that short time, we don't really have time to see what develops because we are sinking further as every season passes by.

I'll reiterate a point I've made before and that is that Barry Owen needs removing for the club to move forward, he goes out of his way to create problems for the football club and I can only assume that is because he has his own agenda, we are not moving forward whilst this stench is in the fold and it saddens me that he has been allowed back in to the fold but more so that Shez is prepared to work with the absolute fuck wit.

lve seen claims it was Stench who got Shez back. possibly from Coconut himself can't be sure.

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l see no reason atall why we should not trust and back these men in their efforts.

Long overdue bit of transparency but my misgivings have been relieved somewhat.

They certainly come across far better than the current custodians 

I'm also pleased for Simon Brooke after his struggles.  I've given him a hard time in the past but whenever I met him he has always come across as a pleasant and decent person who I know was treated appallingly by Corney 

Be interesting to see some "meat on the bones" with regards to the share offer rolled out to the Foundation by the FLG,  just before the fans forum. 

From memory, when the the then Trust was approached 2019 it was 51% fan ownership, by second meeting 6 month later (FSA in attendance) it had been reduced to 49%.

Seeing an update would be good. Did the Foundation say business plan and stuff by the AGM?

It literally, is in our hands. Lots of hard work to do. I believe you need to add on a good 10% for costing, admin, legal etc. So valuation being done is a bonus

Was it £20K I think I heard? ouch.

Asset locking BP is a must so we don't go through this mess again

Forgot to add. Good listen, good questions

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

So anyone paying in now can do so knowing they're paying Barry Owen's wages and Mo's wages. Lovely stuff.

Bit like you were from January onwards.

Great episode and well anchored by Andy. Ball firmly back in Barry's court. Surprised Mike Halliwell, sorry I mean @PeteGhasn't been on yet protesting the club's innocence...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bit like you were from January onwards.

Great episode and well anchored by Andy. Ball firmly back in Barry's court. Surprised Mike Halliwell, sorry I mean @PeteGhasn't 

Think you've got me confused with someone else. The club have had £45ish off me since scholes walked. I spent more in the OEC before Good Fridays game.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

Think you've got me confused with someone else. The club have had £45ish off me since scholes walked. I spent more in the OEC before Good Fridays game.

I know fully well who you are Andy and I know you paid into matches once Sheridan was back after "scabbing" ST holders off for 6 months...

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know fully well who you are Andy and I know you paid into matches once Sheridan was back after "scabbing" ST holders off for 6 months...

Scabbing people for 18 months at least I'd reckon.

Paid 2 (Rochdale and Orient) games, skyvip the other (good friday). I can sleep easy.

Did I hear correctly on the podcast then that the floodlights being up to standard are dependant on those in the North Stand being in use? If that's the case I'd shut the stand completely for night matches and let the club sort that out for themselves, if Shitpeas wants to play clever cunts I'd be going down that route 100%. Fuck them.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

2 games or 102: a scab is a scab...

Pretty sure the hundreds you've given have helped prop up the current owners cash flow when needed. Advertising revenue is often linked to ST sales etc.

Too selfish to give up going for the greater good. All very pathetic really.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Did I hear correctly on the podcast then that the floodlights being up to standard are dependant on those in the North Stand being in use? If that's the case I'd shut the stand completely for night matches and let the club sort that out for themselves, if Shitpeas wants to play clever cunts I'd be going down that route 100%. Fuck them.

They'd be forced to rent them thus also incurring staff costs for the OEC. Beautiful really. 

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Pretty sure the hundreds you've given have helped prop up the current owners cash flow when needed. Advertising revenue is often linked to ST sales etc.

Too selfish to give up going for the greater good. All very pathetic really.

I'm sure my 140 pounds for 3 season tickets last season have helped keep the Lemsagam brothers' head above water...

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep, definitely. Fight fire with fire...

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure my 140 pounds for 3 season tickets last season have helped keep the Lemsagam brothers' head above water...

Since scholes walked and we knew for sure what the script was with AL and Mo? Don't miss off kits, snacks etc? 

I'll sleep well. If we go bust this season not sure what you'll tell your kids you did to try and stop it......

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

Since scholes walked and we knew for sure what the script was with AL and Mo? Don't miss off kits, snacks etc? 

I'll sleep well. If we go bust this season not sure what you'll tell your kids you did to try and stop it......

I don't buy their kits and I always take snacks from home. 

What do you think I should do to try and stop Oldham going bust, Andy?

Contingency fund? Paying into it...

Am going to get a hammering for this but these are my thoughts, in no particular order on episode 1 & 2

A long but worthwhile listen, well orchestrated by Andy with both Paul and Simon coming over as well intended

If what we heard is to be believed, it makes no sense at all that the Club cannot find agreement with the OEC on using the North Stand catering services. 

Barry 'Vladimir' Owen appears to be waging a one man war with both the owner and management, using his position at the club at the expense of both our supporters and clubs best interests

Once the conversation started to get into the 'nitty gritty' of quite a few historical issues around the raising of finance to fund house building, the North Stand build and more recently raising money to buy the stadium off Brassbank, with the icing on the cake being the implication that a 'Russian' or 'Foreign' loan at very decent rates had just fallen through, my red flags were madly flapping

Regarding the mechanics of valuation of the stadium by Paul, regardless of the current tenants in the North Stand of the OEC and Gym, there is absolutely no way that our stadium in its current state compounded by our  National League status can have such commercial valuations applied. 

Building a Hotel nearly crept into the conversation as well 

Nothing I listened to has changed my mind that the £numbers that are being asked for by the selling parties, are simply off the scale bonkers and unworkable, hence why we still  have Blitz / Brass bank as our landlord and the Lemsagam Regime owning our Club

Saying all that, we are quickly running out of time and we should listen to anything to try and save us 

11 minutes ago, Clifford said:

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't buy their kits and I always take snacks from home. 

What do you think I should do to try and stop Oldham going bust, Andy?

Contingency fund? Paying into it...

Love dipping into the OWTB 

Club is absolutely f>&ked and you two are arguing who can piss the highest up the bog wall 

Archived