BPAS PODCAST: 30th May '22 Bonus Episode: FLG Interview Part 2

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Regarding the mechanics of valuation of the stadium by Paul, regardless of the current tenants in the North Stand of the OEC and Gym, there is absolutely no way that our stadium in its current state compounded by our  National League status can have such commercial valuations applied. 

Building a Hotel nearly crept into the conversation as well 

Nothing I listened to has changed my mind that the £numbers that are being asked for by the selling parties, are simply off the scale bonkers and unworkable, hence why we still  have Blitz / Brass bank as our landlord and the Lemsagam Regime owning our Club

They didn't reveal what their valuation was but given they qualified, reasonably, how it came about can you qualify why you think there is no way it's correct?

Not sure the league status affects the rent from the gym myself....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

They didn't reveal what their valuation was but given they qualified, reasonably, how it came about can you qualify why you think there is no way it's correct?

Not sure the league status affects the rent from the gym myself....

Listen to episode 2 and the bit around the valuations around both Blackpool FC and Wigan Athletic FC

Both superior grounds to that of our own and of course a Non League Club ground will be valued less than a Championship Club ground

24 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Listen to episode 2 and the bit around the valuations around both Blackpool FC and Wigan Athletic FC

Both superior grounds to that of our own and of course a Non League Club ground will be valued less than a Championship Club ground

It sounds like you need to listen to the episode again. It’s not all about the superiority of the ground or the level of football the team plays at. 

Also, you've referred to Russian money/loan, which is not an accurate representation of what was said.

On the value of £6m. Sorry… i still it dont think that answers the question. The club is a poor risk on rental stability and they have a right to remain. That reduces the value. The car park lease won’t be huge and could be ended… nobody else is taking up that lease. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It sounds like you need to listen to the episode again. It’s not all about the superiority of the ground or the level of football the team plays at. 

Also, you've referred to Russian money/loan, which is not an accurate representation of what was said.

Always read your posts nz

Whats your synopsis of the two episodes 

26 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I'm no expert, and agree the value sounds high...but it's my understanding it's nothing to do with the value of the "ground", which we all know is a shithole bar the JRS,  it's to do with the value of the assets ie. the 23 acre plot and the current business' trading from the OAC.

The value of anything is what someone is prepared to pay, so if the FLG can, and are prepared to finance the purchase in some way or another and Blitz is prepared to sell, and if the information in the interview is to believed, ie it's been close a couple of times, then it's light years better than where we are currently.

I feel a lot more hopeful after listening that some sort of resolution and purchase of the ground may be not too far away, and the club can start to come together and rebuild from the bottom up (providing the ALMO and Shitpeas piss off at some point)

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

I'm no expert, and agree the value sounds high...but it's my understanding it's nothing to do with the value of the "ground", which we all know is a shithole bar the JRS,  it's to do with the value of the assets ie. the 23 acre plot and the current business' trading from the OAC.

The value of anything is what someone is prepared to pay, so if the FLG can, and are prepared to finance the purchase in some way or another and Blitz is prepared to sell, and if the information in the interview is to believed, ie it's been close a couple of times, then it's light years better than where we are currently.

I feel a lot more hopeful after listening that some sort of resolution and purchase of the ground may be not too far away, and the club can start to come together and rebuild from the bottom up (providing the ALMO and Shitpeas piss off at some point)

Oh and anyone who didn't think Barry was a virus of monkeypox proportions does now.......

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just started listening through this...

“Simon blitz lent 3.80m to the football club to build the stand”

Far be it from me to suggest he knew exactly how that would end up. 

The implication of your last sentence- is that Blitz gave the club 3.8 million to build a stand knowing the club could never pay it back, and then he could knock it down again and sell the land. 

Nah- not for me. 

Why on earth would anyone give that amount of money and all the hassle that comes with it. Then have to wait years to get his money back -(however he recoups it) it makes no sense. Far easier ways to make money than that, not to mention he could have sat back and offered nothing and still sold the land. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

The implication of your last sentence- is that Blitz gave the club 3.8 million to build a stand knowing the club could never pay it back, and then he could knock it down again and sell the land. 

Nah- not for me. 

Why on earth would anyone give that amount of money and all the hassle that comes with it. Then have to wait years to get his money back -(however he recoups it) it makes no sense. Far easier ways to make money than that, not to mention he could have sat back and offered nothing and still sold the land. 

So he believed the club was good for it then?

Nah - not for me. 

Nice to hear the clip of Barry trying to pronounce Lemsagam.😆

It's been 2 good episodes thanks for doing it Andy. It's good that these 2 genuinely care Oldham Athletic and are genuine fans unlike the failed copper. They've taken alot of unnecessary stick from people many of whom probably don't understand fully what's going on. Knowone is putting them up as messiahs but given the choice I know who I'd prefer owning the assets of the football club.

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nice to hear the clip of Barry trying to pronounce Lemsagam.

It's been 2 good episodes thanks for doing it Andy. It's good that these 2 genuinely care Oldham Athletic and are genuine fans unlike the failed copper. They've taken alot of unnecessary stick from people many of whom probably don't understand fully what's going on. Knowone is putting them up as messiahs but given the choice I know who I'd prefer owning the assets of the football club.

I agree but they still left a couple of grey areas for me and is there a reason we have not gone back to the original plan, I understand they stepped aside to allow Abdallah to own the lot but that is clearly not going to happen given at the fans forum it was put out there that Blitz wouldn't now sell it to Abdallah, what's stopping us putting something together alongside a share issue? 2000 shares at £3000 may appear fanciful but with an opportunity to buy in for 10% some fans or businesses may want to commit to more, I'm presuming Blitz would retain 10% so only 1800 buyers to find, easy peasy :chubb:

Good listen that. Great questions by the way. No stone unturned. 

I DO still think Blitz has played a game and played people. I DO think his valuation is BS and I suspect the (undisclosed) valuation secured by FLG is for less. 

Despite my previous misgivings with the FLG and their (lack of) communication, I think we should be more than comfortable with Paul, and whoever he has with him, achieving what he is trying to achieve here. 

It will get rid of Blitz, it will isolate the owner further, top floor, car park etc will be finished and the whole concern looks more attractive… surely expediting a change of ownership. Slowly, slowly. 😉

17 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Always read your posts nz

Whats your synopsis of the two episodes 

Funny you should ask, was waiting til I finished the 2nd one before giving my two cents for what it's worth!

Part 1 - I always think this line of questioning is really useful for getting a feel for people in general.  Letting them talk about themselves and their connection to the club reveals a lot about people, their character and how genuine they are.  Andy does this really well as an interviewer across all of these types of episodes.  I consider myself to be a pretty decent judge of character if I get to listen to peope talk at length, especially about themselves and their experiences.  After listening to Chris Lees talk on the podcast or on that twitter spaces thing it was crystal clear that he was a fantasist who didn't have a great deal of knowledge about the subject other than what anyone would have after a few hours of cramming.

Then there's Barry Owen. Having listened to him talk for a long time, he very much comes across as shifty, evasive and quick to try and put blame elsewhere while using the sort of language designed to make you think he's very knowledgeable about the subject. But not much substance behind the bluster.

Paul and Simon both came across as genuine people and genuine fans.

Part 2 - again Paul and Simon came across as having decent intentions. They confirmed they aren't looking to profit from the OEC but are re-investing any profits back into the facility. They confirmed that if a proper relationship was in place with the club then those profits would be directed to the club. They confirmed that the picture Barry is trying to paint about their running of the OEC is bollocks, and they've done this by stating things that are easily proven/disproven. They know their subject and they know their business. And it's hard to find fault with their intentions.  Things haven't gone right with their plans, but things rarely do. But it's how you respond to things that's important - they seem to have regrouped and are looking to do things the right way. I'm not too concerned about the fact that the Russian invasion has affected the finance - Simon made clear it wasn't Russian linked money. It makes sense to me (although I am very much a lay man in this area) that seismic world events can affect the finance markets.

There was a lot of other stuff said so can't comment on each thing, but when putting it all together I would have no problem personally investing in a share scheme proposal they may put forward.  It feels like there's a route to getting Blitz and Abdallah out of the picture, it's just tantalisingly out of reach at the moment. Hopefully something more concrete will present itself sooner rather than later.

Final word goes to Barry Owen. What an absolute wrong un that guy is. Spiteful, vindictive and his actions cost the club money every day. And he's now seemingly acting as some sort of unofficial chairman. Get out of our club.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I agree but they still left a couple of grey areas for me and is there a reason we have not gone back to the original plan, I understand they stepped aside to allow Abdallah to own the lot but that is clearly not going to happen given at the fans forum it was put out there that Blitz wouldn't now sell it to Abdallah, what's stopping us putting something together alongside a share issue? 2000 shares at £3000 may appear fanciful but with an opportunity to buy in for 10% some fans or businesses may want to commit to more, I'm presuming Blitz would retain 10% so only 1800 buyers to find, easy peasy :chubb:

The original plan was to finance 50% of the purchase and share issue the other 50% over 5 years. This changed to 100% finance with a share issue to partly pay it back over 10 (5+5) years. Both financing options are currently unavailable. Hopefully they are able to arrange a financing facility again soon. In the meantime, if you can afford to contribute to OASF's contingency fund I would encourage you to do so, in order that a) OASF can get ready for if/when the club end up in administration or b) OASF can sit at the negotiating table with their conditional investor + extended consortium as/when an opportunity arises.

For me (it's Andy manning this account for transparency) I hope OASF, PTB & the FLG can forge a strong and trusted working relationship that brings all these facets together and we could well be rid of all the parasites, to be able to begin the process of caring for our wonderful cherished football club once again. We must unite. We must not support the regime running the club today any longer.

22 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

My concerns are that we still have been unable to attract anyone with enough wealth to steer the good ship HMS Oldham Athletic out of choppy waters 

The limited visibility we have had on the £numbers just makes me think no matter how much we raise as a fanbase buying the stadium, a significant amount of £monies will need to be sourced from elsewhere

If I heard correctly, the FLG were talking about just buying the stadium which begs the question, what about Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd, our Club

More than happy to listen to further updates as events progress

3 minutes ago, BPAS said:

The original plan was to finance 50% of the purchase and share issue the other 50% over 5 years. This changed to 100% finance with a share issue to partly pay it back over 10 (5+5) years. Both financing options are currently unavailable. Hopefully they are able to arrange a financing facility again soon. In the meantime, if you can afford to contribute to OASF's contingency fund I would encourage you to do so, in order that a) OASF can get ready for if/when the club end up in administration or b) OASF can sit at the negotiating table with their conditional investor + extended consortium as/when an opportunity arises.

For me (it's Andy manning this account for transparency) I hope OASF, PTB & the FLG can forge a strong and trusted working relationship that brings all these facets together and we could well be rid of all the parasites, and  begin the process of caring for our wonderful cherished football club once again. We must unite. We must not support the regime running the club today any longer.

Totally agree Andy although for now I'll keep hold of my money until I see something tangible to support. I'll support any events put on the best I can.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Totally agree Andy although for now I'll keep hold of my money until I see something tangible to support. I'll support any events put on the best I can.

I’m in the same place you are, however I contribute £X per month on DD to the OASF fund and I play the OASF lottery.

I have £Y I would be prepared to ‘invest’ in the stadium purchase via a share issue.

In short, do both, if you can.

13 minutes ago, BPAS said:

I hope OASF, PTB & the FLG can forge a strong and trusted working relationship that brings all these facets together and we could well be rid of all the parasites, to be able to begin the process of caring for our wonderful cherished football club once again. We must unite. We must not support the regime running the club today any longer.

Im half way through Andy, but I couldn’t agree more. Paul and Simon come across really well, and then when you add in Matt, yourself the PTB there is a lot of really credible wise heads. I’ve always understood why they don’t merge, but the more I listen I’d love these people around a table,  because I genuinely think we would thrive in the long term. 

I’m feeling strangely hopeful. 

Just wondering how many sucessful local businesses have been rounded up yet?

Big contributions are needed from these as well as hundreds of fans donating smaller amounts to raise anywhere near the amount needed.

7 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Had to see where Barry Putin thinks he has a case, I assume it's about the club recieving the money from the council for the Lancaster club land and then transfering that money to Blitz.

He/the club really don't have a leg to stand on do they?

The council gave a grant to build the stand, even if that was then given to Blitz he spent double that so the money was still used to finance the stand 

I can't stand Blitz either but I think he's in the clear on this one 

52 minutes ago, tGWB said:

If I heard correctly, the FLG were talking about just buying the stadium which begs the question, what about Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd, our club.

This is the bit I'm struggling with at the minute - it would help if FLG were part of a consortium alongside OASF, PTB plus outside investors with plans to generate income for the club 7 days a week.

Can't see how this can happen if you don't also own the club.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bit like you were from January onwards.

Great episode and well anchored by Andy. Ball firmly back in Barry's court. Surprised Mike Halliwell, sorry I mean @PeteGhasn't been on yet protesting the club's innocence...

Peter had his usual mare and made a fool of himself on the fire door thread and it's his MO to go to ground for a while till he thinks everyone has forgotten before popping up with some more LSD influenced bollocks 

Archived