BPAS PODCAST: 30th May '22 Bonus Episode: FLG Interview Part 2

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Knew you'd reply!

…the next day… in response to his reply to yarddog.  

‘League one’ seems to think we have to be intransigent. I guess that speaks volumes about him. His approach to this is to call out people that have had a problem with FLG previously. Why? What’s the point?

FLG were silent for 2 years, they’ve now fronted up and answered detailed questions. I don’t see why it’s odd that it might change the views of some (many) regarding them. 

🤷‍♂️ 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts on parts 1 & 2...

1. I gave Simon Broke quite a bit of stick for the scoreboard fiasco and the switch from trust to club director, if that (unknowingly) contributed to the problems he had, I'm sorry for that, and it's time to move forward.

2. On the ground valuation, whatever it is (? c£6m?) - if that generates a 10%(?) return, that can be controlled by a "Fans Group", I think it would be better to have the ground held outside the club, with profits donated to the club subject to them meeting some agreed conditions (e.g. holding 2 (or more) fans forums per year; getting an approval rating from some sort of survey; publishing accounts to an agreed level of granularity - none of the conditions should be about team performance imho).

3. On that basis a "share scheme" might be attractive, but to get there I'd suggest we'd need to fund raise and get government/community funding to seed the scheme. I'm playing the OASF lottery and chipping in a monthly amount, but I'd put a sum in to a share scheme if it were to happen.

tbh I think fans owning the grounds is the way forward to give fans some power back (maybe with rents adjusted against the overall income of the club, to ensure some degree of proportionality).

Might as well chip in the Kow debate too - I didn't agree with the view that Blitz was always planning to build on BP, but I also thought it was a valid point of view to hold. Having heard the latest comments, I think it's less likely, but we've been screwed enough times to remain wary of assuming too much. I'm not sure there's much sense in sneering at someone who's come round to a new point of view though. I still think Kow's a dick for his comments on Simon B's suits though 😉

1 hour ago, real said:

A few thoughts on parts 1 & 2...

1. I gave Simon Broke quite a bit of stick for the scoreboard fiasco and the switch from trust to club director, if that (unknowingly) contributed to the problems he had, I'm sorry for that, and it's time to move forward.

2. On the ground valuation, whatever it is (? c£6m?) - if that generates a 10%(?) return, that can be controlled by a "Fans Group", I think it would be better to have the ground held outside the club, with profits donated to the club subject to them meeting some agreed conditions (e.g. holding 2 (or more) fans forums per year; getting an approval rating from some sort of survey; publishing accounts to an agreed level of granularity - none of the conditions should be about team performance imho).

3. On that basis a "share scheme" might be attractive, but to get there I'd suggest we'd need to fund raise and get government/community funding to seed the scheme. I'm playing the OASF lottery and chipping in a monthly amount, but I'd put a sum in to a share scheme if it were to happen.

tbh I think fans owning the grounds is the way forward to give fans some power back (maybe with rents adjusted against the overall income of the club, to ensure some degree of proportionality).

Might as well chip in the Kow debate too - I didn't agree with the view that Blitz was always planning to build on BP, but I also thought it was a valid point of view to hold. Having heard the latest comments, I think it's less likely, but we've been screwed enough times to remain wary of assuming too much. I'm not sure there's much sense in sneering at someone who's come round to a new point of view though. I still think Kow's a dick for his comments on Simon B's suits though 😉

…surely he can afford one that fits by now… 😉 . I’m joking! 

2 hours ago, real said:

Might as well chip in the Kow debate too - I didn't agree with the view that Blitz was always planning to build on BP, but I also thought it was a valid point of view to hold. Having heard the latest comments, I think it's less likely, but we've been screwed enough times to remain wary of assuming too much. I'm not sure there's much sense in sneering at someone who's come round to a new point of view though.

Back in the day, I used to ask all the time- who spends millions on a stand to knock it down and sell the land for housing.  No one could answer. Still nobody can answer because it’s nonsensical. Two of the closet people to him have just done an extensive podcast in which they lay out how many times Blitz has been open to a deal, and compromised on the structure. They go on say how much work has gone on in there, and how it continues to be developed slowly- with new fibre going in imminently.  Yet still people think Blitz is ultimately in it just for himself. 

Now, I’m not naive. Blitz is very astute, and will make sure he doesn’t lose, and may even profit- and the morals of that can be debated. (I also think him going on the pitch at Fulham, was an utter disgrace, to say how quick he is to distance himself from the ‘club’ But that’s very different to him knocking it all down and selling it for personal gain. I don’t think it was ever plausible or realistic. People see the houses behind the chaddy and the renal unit and just assume the club is next. 

The north stand was and is our future, and it’s where the rebirth will start from. 

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Back in the day, I used to ask all the time- who spends millions on a stand to knock it down and sell the land for housing.  No one could answer. Still nobody can answer because it’s nonsensical. Two of the closet people to him have just done an extensive podcast in which they lay out how many times Blitz has been open to a deal, and compromised on the structure. They go on say how much work has gone on in there, and how it continues to be developed slowly- with new fibre going in imminently.  Yet still people think Blitz is ultimately in it just for himself. 

Now, I’m not naive. Blitz is very astute, and will make sure he doesn’t lose, and may even profit- and the morals of that can be debated. (I also think him going on the pitch at Fulham, was an utter disgrace, to say how quick he is to distance himself from the ‘club’ But that’s very different to him knocking it all down and selling it for personal gain. I don’t think it was ever plausible or realistic. People see the houses behind the chaddy and the renal unit and just assume the club is next. 

The north stand was and is our future, and it’s where the rebirth will start from. 

Wasn't it Gazal on the pitch at Fulham? No idea where he is in all this. 

55 minutes ago, League one forever said:

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wasn't it Gazal on the pitch at Fulham? No idea where he is in all this. 

No it was Blitz

My 2 biggest gripes with him (and his 2 amigos) is firstly defending buying the land and putting it into a separate business by saying "the club didn't own it to begin with"

No but you and your mates walked onto the pitch waving and fist pumping as Franny Ward proudly shouted that "Boundary Park belongs to Oldham Athletic again"

Then, in 2009 when he lost interest he should have put the club and land up for sale to take us forward.  Instead he pulled all funding, allowed Simon Corney to basically blag it for 10 years and see us run further and further into the ground meanwhile holding onto his land, building a few houses and running in like some white Knight to build a stand and lo and behold a new business for himself when his mate Simon asked due to him being as skint as we all knew he was 

If you think Blitz is innocent in all this you need to have a word 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No it was Blitz

My 2 biggest gripes with him (and his 2 amigos) is firstly defending buying the land and putting it into a separate business by saying "the club didn't own it to begin with"

No but you and your mates walked onto the pitch waving and fist pumping as Franny Ward proudly shouted that "Boundary Park belongs to Oldham Athletic again"

Then, in 2009 when he lost interest he should have put the club and land up for sale to take us forward.  Instead he pulled all funding, allowed Simon Corney to basically blag it for 10 years and see us run further and further into the ground meanwhile holding onto his land, building a few houses and running in like some white Knight to build a stand and lo and behold a new business for himself when his mate Simon asked due to him being as skint as we all knew he was 

Correct he has caused it all, equally he still has time to help us out here, we know he came in to bail Simon out the money didn't magic itself from thin air but the stand to the football club is a white elephant dragging us down and complicating the situation, honestly wish we still had the Lookers there we'd be bobbing along in League 1 just fine.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No it was Blitz

I don’t think he’s innocent at all, I think he’s been very clever at our expense and I understand why it stings.

However, Iooking back do you think 3 American based businessman had a burning desire to own a league one club- all for the love it??? 

I don’t. 

The land was always the insurance policy against their investment in the football club. If he had tried to move it on in 2009 someone would of had to buy his debt/investment in the team- which he knew would never happen. (AL Is trying to do this now, and no one will pay it) 

I don’t like that he has sold houses or built a renal unit, I don’t like that little Wembley will go to housing. But it’s the way of the world, and without defending him- I understand his position- he wasn’t an Oldham fan, and he didn’t come in to piss his fortune on us. He had a go for a bit, then protected his money. Fast forward to now and if we can get the ground of him, (with a fantastic facility that his investment built) then I’m ok with that, and happy to move on to the next chapter. 

Can’t keep looking back. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct he has caused it all, equally he still has time to help us out here, we know he came in to bail Simon out the money didn't magic itself from thin air but the stand to the football club is a white elephant dragging us down and complicating the situation, honestly wish we still had the Lookers there we'd be bobbing along in League 1 just fine.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The lookers was horrible and needed knocking down it would have only got worse. I'd rather we did a proper job of it owned it properly so that OEC and glo gym pay us rent and we did the top floor that way we could have been in league 1 and ne alotvmore sustainable at that level.

The problem is our club does change badly consistently.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I’ve said it before and nothing I hear makes me change my mind…Blitz is the architect of our destruction….Corney, AlMo and Owen are just his incompetent sub contractors 

That's just utterly, completely, absolutely bonkers. No other words. 

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

…the next day… in response to his reply to yarddog.  

‘League one’ seems to think we have to be intransigent. I guess that speaks volumes about him. His approach to this is to call out people that have had a problem with FLG previously. Why? What’s the point?

FLG were silent for 2 years, they’ve now fronted up and answered detailed questions. I don’t see why it’s odd that it might change the views of some (many) regarding them. 

🤷‍♂️ 

I missed this Kow, sorry for not getting back earlier. 

You try to belittle people you don’t know, (the FLG)  and spout conspiracy theories based on nothing but your own imagination. You’re asked countless times by multiple posters  to go to meetings and ask the pertinent questions you want answering, but you prefer to come on the message board instead and just keep criticising. Can you remember how many times, people asked- what is your problem with them? They asked this because it went beyond wanting to know who they were.

Maybe you’ve got a short memory, or conveniently forgot? 

You haven’t moved from wanting answers to getting them. 

You’ve moved from they’re a waste of space to suddenly being credible. 

That isn’t a change of opinion. It’s a sad indictment of your initial view, and your refusal to own it. 

When challenged on how your entrenched position on people you don’t know but readily criticise can change so quickly, you don’t like it- and get defensive. 

If you post repeatedly on a issue- posters notice- I’ve done it, and been reminded of it. I was genuinely interested in debating how you still believe Blitz is in it for himself and how your position on the FLG can change so dramatically. It’s embarrassing to then simplify your argument to- ‘I wanted to know things, and now I do, I’ve changed my opinion.’ 

But like you say- 

I guess that speaks volumes about you. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I missed this Kow, sorry for not getting back earlier. 

You try to belittle people you don’t know, (the FLG)  and spout conspiracy theories based on nothing but your own imagination. You’re asked countless times by multiple posters  to go to meetings and ask the pertinent questions you want answering, but you prefer to come on the message board instead and just keep criticising. Can you remember how many times, people asked- what is your problem with them? They asked this because it went beyond wanting to know who they were.

Maybe you’ve got a short memory, or conveniently forgot? 

You haven’t moved from wanting answers to getting them. 

You’ve moved from they’re a waste of space to suddenly being credible. 

That isn’t a change of opinion. It’s a sad indictment of your initial view, and your refusal to own it. 

When challenged on how your entrenched position on people you don’t know but readily criticise can change so quickly, you don’t like it- and get defensive. 

If you post repeatedly on a issue- posters notice- I’ve done it, and been reminded of it. I was genuinely interested in debating how you still believe Blitz is in it for himself and how your position on the FLG can change so dramatically. It’s embarrassing to then simplify your argument to- ‘I wanted to know things, and now I do, I’ve changed my opinion.’ 

But like you say- 

I guess that speaks volumes about you. 

I've sparred with Kow on more than one occasion and certainly disagree with him more than not on most things

I also like your posts and enjoy interacting with you but can't help think you're getting personal with Kow

You seem to attack him "I guess that speaks volumes about you" for example in a way you don't when responding to my comments (which are also a backtrack on the FLG)

If I'm wrong I apologise 

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I've sparred with Kow on more than one occasion and certainly disagree with him more than not on most things

I also like your posts and enjoy interacting with you but can't help think you're getting personal with Kow

You seem to attack him "I guess that speaks volumes about you" for example in a way you don't when responding to my comments (which are also a backtrack on the FLG)

If I'm wrong I apologise 

He’s a very intelligent bloke, and he knows what I’m getting at. But he’s being disingenuous, and passive aggressive. . we can all play the game.

It’s a bit sad really, myself included. 

I didn’t reply to you in that manner chadd, because you challenged what I said reasonably- no problem. We want robust debate. Not - I’m right, your wrong go away, which happens to often on here.

Fucking hell. The petty backbiting and bitching in this thread, running to 4 pages, is fucking exhausting to read. It's also a glowing example of the fan division that's long been a pox on our club. Pack it in, the pair of you FFS.

Great podcast too (I'm only a little through ep 2 but it's been fantastic so far). Well done Andy. A shard of light in the tunnel that hopefully isn't an oncoming train for a change.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:33 AM, Clifford said:

If they finance it all then they'll decide. 

Admin is our route of getting rid of ALMO. I'd wear a suit and arrive in a limo if i got to vote for admin. Photo on the wall job. Whoever evokes admin on ALMO is a hero. 

Did you wear a suit and arrive in a limo when you were being a scab last season, after calling any fans who went to games a scab?

On 6/5/2022 at 2:09 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

Did you wear a suit and arrive in a limo when you were being a scab last season, after calling any fans who went to games a scab?

Just seen this, returned when the official protest was called off, 2 games paid, Dale and Orient. Jeans and jumper most likely.

Anyone with a season ticket last season was a massive scab. Does that clarify things?

10 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Just seen this, returned when the official protest was called off, 2 games paid, Dale and Orient. Jeans and jumper most likely.

Anyone with a season ticket last season was a massive scab. Does that clarify things?

What about the Northampton game on Good Friday, Andy...? 

21 minutes ago, Clifford said:

:sign0003:

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Bore off mate

You jump up every so often (like Lags and Pete) offering nothing but bulshit 

Archived