BPAS PODCAST: 4th Jul '22 Bonus Episode: Independence Day?

And then, out of the blue, there was hope. A local business, a peace deal between club and landlord, a footballing prince intermediate...could this be our independence day? 

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

Another outstanding listen, there was a LOT to learn from the gentleman from Luton, from my own Trust's perspective.

I think there will be a (natural) tendency for people to think once this deal is done that the hard work is complete. In reality, if you have aspirations to return to being an established League club who wants to look to L1 or beyond, then really you are only just beginning. And all the things he said about long term thinking really resonated with me. I have a suspicion that the 30 point penalty they got is still working for them ; I remember at the time it seemed draconian and it really brought their fan base together with a collective loathing of the EFL. Your time will come.... 😀

I hope that your new owners will look at clubs around them when they are working out what to do. Clubs like Halifax, Boreham Wood and Solihull are becoming perennial contenders on the back of relatively small crowds and (presumably) modest budgets. You have the potential for so much more, but using it wisely will be key. I also hope that your new owners have one eye on the fan-led review and want to get ahead of the curve on that. If they do, then the Foundation in particular will have a key role, and will need to prepare actively for it. It's something that we are already thinking about.

Hate to be a pedant (not really, I absolutely love it..) but Luton aren’t founder members of the Premier League. Going from the Premier League to the National League is the only thing that we can claim to be the only winners of, so let’s get that record straight..

A good listen, especially about the ground being in the town centre. I’d rather stay in our decaying home than move to a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere..

28 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Hate to be a pedant (not really, I absolutely love it..) but Luton aren’t founder members of the Premier League. Going from the Premier League to the National League is the only thing that we can claim to be the only winners of, so let’s get that record straight..

A good listen, especially about the ground being in the town centre. I’d rather stay in our decaying home than move to a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere..

I reckon Wimbledon fans will claim to be the first to go from Premier League to Non-League

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Other than the fact MK Don's have never dropped in to non league. 

Well yes, that's why I said 'claim'.  best thin that ever happened to them (not that it was right)

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Other than the fact MK Don's have never dropped in to non league. 

Not much of an achievement, when you stole another club's spot to begin with. 

In completely unrelated news, in a history of over 100 years, Morecambe have never been relegated. Which is remarkable, when you think about it. I remember seeing them play Fleetwood in a Lancashire Combination Cup final when I was a nipper.

6 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Not much of an achievement, when you stole another club's spot to begin with. 

In completely unrelated news, in a history of over 100 years, Morecambe have never been relegated. Which is remarkable, when you think about it. I remember seeing them play Fleetwood in a Lancashire Combination Cup final when I was a nipper.

This is incredible! Nice stat 

10 hours ago, BPAS said:

And then, out of the blue, there was hope. A local business, a peace deal between club and landlord, a footballing prince intermediate...could this be our independence day? 

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

Thanks for everything you’ve done lads, sometimes in the face of disgusting abuse.

You should be really proud of the recent news, because IMO there’s no question you’ve played a big part in it coming about. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Thanks for everything you’ve done lads, sometimes in the face of disgusting abuse.

You should be really proud of the recent news, because IMO there’s no question you’ve played a big part in it coming about. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Who abused them? Are we talking about the unrealistics again? Or general abuse as I genuinely haven't seen that even if my opinions sometimes differed.

• Matt featured this topic
13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Who abused them? Are we talking about the unrealistics again? Or general abuse as I genuinely haven't seen that even if my opinions sometimes differed.

Being harassed at all hours by The Stench

The unrealistic group on faceache 

Some troll called Mick on twitter who has about 5 accounts all very abusive. 

Now, one might say - just ignore them. But that can very difficult, particularly in a non paid role. The easy thing to do, is what most of would do- and say it isn’t worth the hassle. 

I’m very grateful they stuck at it. 

its not just the abuse its the constant sniping and poorly hidden jealousy. there's about twenty people at a stab who have gone so far over and above its untrue. lno its their club theyre doin it for, but for me it's genuine altruism. the exact polar opposite of The Stench.

we all owe them so much.

they should certainly never have to buy a pint again, thats for sure.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Now, one might say - just ignore them. But that can very difficult, particularly in a non paid role. The easy thing to do, is what most of would do- and say it isn’t worth the hassle. 

It's been going on for years TBH.

It's more upsetting when you are denied the chance to reply tbh. Closes groups and all. You just get sent screenshot and you think "wow" my family, friends, latics friends are reading this.

Now having your ID stolen and used for fraud takes it to another level. Not by any off shore person, nooooo

Someone who lives/lived on the new estate at BP. That took a few months to sort out and a little ole visit by myself knocking on their front door ala Hulk mode....grrr

And by shear co-incidence Paul Whitehead from FLG had it happen to him. Similar time, same address....hmmm

On 7/4/2022 at 5:53 AM, Monty Burns said:

l don't think we have heard Andy swear before have we??? 😂

l'm so on Andy's page of wanting to get excited but holding mesen in check!!

Always meant to ask where in Yorkshire you're from? 

On 7/4/2022 at 2:48 PM, League one forever said:

That troll you are referring to is Mick Malpas. Comes across as a bit of a fruit loop. He also bullies others online for posting stuff about their own interests, that's different to his.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived