Frank Rothwell

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I’ve seen it publicised that the total raised from his two combined rows is around £1.3 million. I wonder how come the first row raised so much more money, as it seems the row this time has gained so much more publicity (or maybe it’s only on my radar because of the football club).

Magnificent achievement and I hope the media attention continues to help grow the Just Giving final total. 

One of his sponsors matched the money raised on his 1st row, I may have made this up but I'm sure I read it somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I’ve seen it publicised that the total raised from his two combined rows is around £1.3 million. I wonder how come the first row raised so much more money, as it seems the row this time has gained so much more publicity (or maybe it’s only on my radar because of the football club).

Magnificent achievement and I hope the media attention continues to help grow the Just Giving final total. 

I guess I and all of us can't help being biased given what Frank and his family have done for our club, but surely if gongs mean anything in this day and age he deserves a knighthood for what he's done for Alzheimer's fundraising. 

59 minutes ago, disjointed said:

One of his sponsors matched the money raised on his 1st row, I may have made this up but I'm sure I read it somewhere. 

Yea, it was Iceland. They donated 500k last time and 100k this time I think I read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

59 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Think it was Iceland matched the full amount raised last time but limited it to £100,000 this.

42 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I guess I and all of us can't help being biased given what Frank and his family have done for our club, but surely if gongs mean anything in this day and age he deserves a knighthood for what he's done for Alzheimer's fundraising. 

He's not quite on the Kevin Sinfield level of fund raising and he's not got his yet

42 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Of course he should, but being the bloke he is, it is most probably the furthest from his mind. 

54 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I take nothing away from what Sinfield has been doing, a magnificent series of achievements. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Absolutely not. Kev lives next door to my mum, I'm sure he'd vote for Frank 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He's not quite on the Kevin Sinfield level of fund raising and he's not got his yet

If I find out Frank has got his hands on tax payers money and splashed it around his mates and STILL doesn't get a Knighthood then I'll be furious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Has anyone actually nominated him?

https://www.gov.uk/honours

I saw someone had written to Angela Rayner about it and got a nice email back from her Comms lady who is known to most Oldham fans on Twitter / X. Unfortunately parliamentary tradition states that the nominee's MP needs to lead the campaign. That is apparently Jim McMahon who was at the game on Saturday.

I would think there will be some people on here who might have some familiarity with the process so would happily lend a hand crafting any letter. I know I would.

14 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I saw someone had written to Angela Rayner about it and got a nice email back from her Comms lady who is known to most Oldham fans on Twitter / X. Unfortunately parliamentary tradition states that the nominee's MP needs to lead the campaign. That is apparently Jim McMahon who was at the game on Saturday.

I would think there will be some people on here who might have some familiarity with the process so would happily lend a hand crafting any letter. I know I would.

As Frank lives in Saddleworth his MP is Debbie Abrahams.