Frank Rothwell

7 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Just skimmed that video to about 2 and a half minutes in and he's in a pair of City shorts on a rowing machine...

He talked about having a City season ticket at the press conference, felt like he wasn't looked after at the ground so I suspect our matchday experience may be enhanced, I don't think he's doing it as a fan more for the town and his pride in the everything Oldham.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He talked about having a City season ticket at the press conference, felt like he wasn't looked after at the ground so I suspect our matchday experience may be enhanced, I don't think he's doing it as a fan more for the town and his pride in the everything Oldham.

Fair enough. I hope so. Probably coming across as having an agenda now but I find anyone in City shorts pretty offensive.

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Fair enough. I hope so. Probably coming across as having an agenda now but I find anyone in City shorts pretty offensive.

Can't be any worse than Mo with his Manure season ticket.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Nail on head. 

• Like 1

My brother was drinking with Mike Keegan in the White Hart, Lydgate. Frank came in and joined them. The view was he's both crackers and sound which is confirmation of what I think we are all sensing. p

My brother posted a picture of the three of them on Facebook with the following comment:

"What an end to a great night for Oldham fans, a pint with your best mate and a guy who I believe is a local journalist for the daily mail" 😂

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

My brother was drinking with Mike Keegan in the White Hart, Lydgate. Frank came in and joined them. The view was he's both crackers and sound which is confirmation of what I think we are all sensing. p

My brother posted a picture of the three of them on Facebook with the following comment:

"What an end to a great night for Oldham fans, a pint with your best mate and a guy who I believe is a local journalist for the daily mail" 😂

I'll be in the White Hart tomorrow. Hope he's there! 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll be in the White Hart tomorrow. Hope he's there! 

It was the Lydgate one. Someone said he's mates with David Brierley so it makes sense. 

Edit: I've just seen I already said Lydgate. Hope he's there Dave. 

Edited by Magic Mikey

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

He's also a successful businessman and a multi-millionaire. There's a ruthless streak in there as well.   

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was the Lydgate one. Someone said he's mates with David Brierley so it makes sense. 

I'm there with ms mum for part three of her 90th celebrations. She knows Frank so maybe she'll be OK when I go and have a pint with him! 

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm there with ms mum for part three of her 90th celebrations. She knows Frank so maybe she'll be OK when I go and have a pint with him! 

Enjoy. Having spent so much time darn sarf, you're in a better position than most to cope with the prices in there. 

HOW MUCH?!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Yes and Mr Brierley was, of course, Chairman of Latics back in the day and, I think, heavily involved in JW Lees Brewery.

Be  great if Frank could be on the pitch as the players come out for the Dorking match singing along to this track over the PA.

Would be our Sweet Caroline moment.

BT Sport would love it too.🙂

Edited by BP1960