Frank Rothwell

40 minutes ago, daniel said:

If he carries on at current pace of around 50 miles per day he’ll be at the halfpoint in 1 week. Unbelievable effort, what a hero. 

I wish some of our midfielders could put that sort of shift in .

Hats off to Frank, truly a leader to gain inspiration from.

I only tried rowing (on water that is, not Concept II) once in my life, at university. So back then I was young, and pretty fit - played football regularly, squash, went running. I still remember being physically exhausted by it, the hardest thing I ever tried, and I was in a boat with seven others! The thought of rowing the Atlantic single handed, at 73, and doing 50 miles in a day is just mind boggling.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I only tried rowing (on water that is, not Concept II) once in my life, at university. So back then I was young, and pretty fit - played football regularly, squash, went running. I still remember being physically exhausted by it, the hardest thing I ever tried, and I was in a boat with seven others! The thought of rowing the Atlantic single handed, at 73, and doing 50 miles in a day is just mind boggling.

Baffles me how anyone has the get up and go to do that. It's unreal what he's doing. I'd still rather be led on my sofa picking my nose and following from afar though

• Like 1

There was a report on the BBC website yesterday that 3 girls taking part in the race had their boat rammed by a marlin. They plugged the hole in the boat with an empty champagne bottle, which I thought was pretty cool! Just shows the hazards that Frank and all the other competitors might have to deal with, quite apart from the physical challenge.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

There was a report on the BBC website yesterday that 3 girls taking part in the race had their boat rammed by a marlin. They plugged the hole in the boat with an empty champagne bottle, which I thought was pretty cool! Just shows the hazards that Frank and all the other competitors might have to deal with, quite apart from the physical challenge.

Jeroboatem

• Like 1