That speech though...

I just hope we don't see as much of Frank moving forward. The caps etc are great but we need the footballing people being centre stage and progression on the pitch. 

Brass bands and all that bollocks will have been the last thing shez wanted. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Warrington Blue said:

You are back 👍👍👍, I could only watch BBC txt updates on my phone and follow this site for info, first world problem I suppose as on holidays in France.

Lame excuse. Having said that I can't make Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

I just hope we don't see as much of Frank moving forward. The caps etc are great but we need the footballing people being centre stage and progression on the pitch. 

I'm not so fussed about not seeing as much of him, but I certainly think he should hand over media side to someone else now after the initial fanfare.

We all agree he is infectious and are fortunate to have him, but it's probably for the best that either his son or D. Royle front up the media from now on...

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

Quite the contrary. The brass band procession etc. was superb and acted as a focal point for the fans and celebration of new ownership etc. The man is a legend in my eyes already - anyone shelling out £12M to rescue us from the abyss deserves eternal praise.

Cheer up, Clifford - it was the first home game and the man/his family etc. deserved their day in the spotlight and sunshine.

I`m sure things will settle down into more like normality pretty soon.

Huge thank you to the Rothwell family from me, for sure.

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Quite the contrary. The brass band procession etc. was superb and acted as a focal point for the fans and celebration of new ownership etc. The man is a legend in my eyes already - anyone shelling out £12M to rescue us from the abyss deserves eternal praise.

Cheer up, Clifford - it was the first home game and the man/his family etc. deserved their day in the spotlight and sunshine.

I`m sure things will settle down into more like normality pretty soon.

Huge thank you to the Rothwell family from me, for sure.

No doubt it was a great event, like I said, hopefully now it'll be less about Frank and more about the players in the squad / on the pitch

After 'Where's Dorking' Frank paid a superb tribute to the club on Saturday that they truly appreciated. Not so sure the fun poking at ManUre will be as easily over come. Whilst I'd rather not have to be interested in loaning up and coming talented players from there or City, let's face it,  we need to be.  So perhaps prerecorded stuff for the website from Frank is the way forward. Editing where required and is infectious optimism and drive for the faithful. 

Frank is a great act, but he was on too long. 😆.

His enthusiasm though is infectious. He has more character is his fingernail clippings than the last owner will ever show in his entire life.

Thank you Frank for a very special day. And thank you Latics fans for showing that the faith is not lost.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

After 'Where's Dorking' Frank paid a superb tribute to the club on Saturday that they truly appreciated. Not so sure the fun poking at ManUre will be as easily over come. Whilst I'd rather not have to be interested in loaning up and coming talented players from there or City, let's face it,  we need to be.  So perhaps prerecorded stuff for the website from Frank is the way forward. Editing where required and is infectious optimism and drive for the faithful. 

You're worried about Frank's comments and your best mate is Barry Owen

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Not so sure the fun poking at ManUre will be as easily over come. Whilst I'd rather not have to be interested in loaning up and coming talented players from there or City, let's face it,  we need to be.  

No chance we're on United's radar for sending loan players out. I wouldn't imagine they are looking below League One. 

2 minutes ago, Lags said:

Where we hope to be?

Oh you mean in 5 years time? 

Won't be an issue. Whatever overseas manager they have at the time will happily loan out players despite someone they have never heard of laughing at them losing. 

17 minutes ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

I can't remember them being over helpful with loan players in the past anyway, have they? although i do recall a goalie and who could forget Michael Clegg!!

That was down to old rednose after latics had the cheek to get money via the tribunal for a youth team player he poached/wanted to steal.  Was he called David Brown?

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

No chance we're on United's radar for sending loan players out. I wouldn't imagine they are looking below League One. 

Since Ferguson threw a paddy because we reported him for tapping up David Brown I can only think of Ben Amos that they've loaned us.  Probably one or two others (an American striker?) but the very definition of an unproductive (non)  relationship. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Since Ferguson threw a paddy because we reported him for tapping up David Brown I can only think of Ben Amos that they've loaned us.  Probably one or two others (an American striker?) but the very definition of an unproductive (non)  relationship. 

Was he called cooper or something the striker we had. Think he ended up having a half decent career in the MLS.

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Kenny Cooper

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

He's also said city treated him and his wife like shit. Less talk more walk needed.

I think pumping in 12 million and saving us from administration is walking the walk but each to their own....... he and his family have literally  put their money where their mouth is and for that reason alone he deserves his day in the sun.

He is as mad as a box of frogs and infectious too boot. It's great to see.

He won't have got where he is in life without having some savvy about him business wise.

His links to the council are valuable. The link to the deposed ex Cllr leader Aroij Shah is still strong. I think I saw her walking down sheepfoot Lane with Cllr Chadderton behind the Rothwells. I don't remember seeing any coldhurst cllrs there. Especially Deputy leader Abdul Jabbar as BP is in his Ward.

His transatlantic prep and if he is still doing embassador for OMBC will keep him busy. Looking at the new board he seems to have built a team that seems he is comfortable with and hopefully empowered to make those decision during his absence.

Defo not boring being a latics fan  

14 hours ago, Lags said:

I had a similar thought re loan signings but on reflection I feel it's time to heal the rift with United, if there is one. I therefore propose that we loan Stobbs to United as they battle against relegation.

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I had a similar thought re loan signings but on reflection I feel it's time to heal the rift with United, if there is one. I therefore propose that we loan Stobbs to United as they battle against relegation.

Excellent!!!

8 hours ago, underdog said:

He is as mad as a box of frogs and infectious too boot. It's great to see.

He won't have got where he is in life without having some savvy about him business wise.

His links to the council are valuable. The link to the deposed ex Cllr leader Aroij Shah is still strong. I think I saw her walking down sheepfoot Lane with Cllr Chadderton behind the Rothwells. I don't remember seeing any coldhurst cllrs there. Especially Deputy leader Abdul Jabbar as BP is in his Ward.

His transatlantic prep and if he is still doing embassador for OMBC will keep him busy. Looking at the new board he seems to have built a team that seems he is comfortable with and hopefully empowered to make those decision during his absence.

Defo not boring being a latics fan  

There was certainly another cllr or two there. Can't spot the pic again to confirm if Jabbar was one. Also a few senior council staff there as well. I'm expecting there will be big community based projects or plans to come soon. That may be where Frank spends most of his energies, but hopefully less of his money!

Archived