That speech though...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2022 at 11:07 PM, yarddog73 said:

I think pumping in 12 million and saving us from administration is walking the walk but each to their own....... he and his family have literally  put their money where their mouth is and for that reason alone he deserves his day in the sun.

Well, when he has pumped the full 12 in... at the minute, how much has he paid for the badge, because that's all he owns.

But hopefully soon he will own the whole lot. Trust and PTB asking questions on why the delay in purchasing the stadium?

On 8/16/2022 at 8:57 AM, underdog said:

He is as mad as a box of frogs and infectious too boot. It's great to see.

He won't have got where he is in life without having some savvy about him business wise.

His links to the council are valuable. The link to the deposed ex Cllr leader Aroij Shah is still strong. I think I saw her walking down sheepfoot Lane with Cllr Chadderton behind the Rothwells. I don't remember seeing any coldhurst cllrs there. Especially Deputy leader Abdul Jabbar as BP is in his Ward.

His transatlantic prep and if he is still doing embassador for OMBC will keep him busy. Looking at the new board he seems to have built a team that seems he is comfortable with and hopefully empowered to make those decision during his absence.

Defo not boring being a latics fan  

Talking of the board, anyone know why only Frank, his son, daughter and Darren Royle have been appointed and not Joe and the other 2 guys who he said would be on the board?

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

Talking of the board, anyone know why only Frank, his son, daughter and Darren Royle have been appointed and not Joe and the other 2 guys who he said would be on the board?

It's perfect possible to be on the board but not formally appointed as a director.  What's your motivation for trying to pick holes? 

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

It's a conspiracy!

The new board are clearly wrong 'uns.  We should bring back Barry shouldn't we?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's perfect possible to be on the board but not formally appointed as a director.  What's your motivation for trying to pick holes? 

I know that, but you would still have the same legal responsibilities. You leave yourself wide open by not formalising the position. Not picking holes, just pointing out facts. I just wondered why this guy had been rolled out at the press conference which seemed a good move for the club to have someone with his experience involved and then we haven't heard from him since and he hasn't been made a director, its just the Rothwell family plus 1. If you want to lap up everything that is told to you, carry on but we weren't hours from liquidation, we haven't purchased the ground and land within days, they haven't invested £12 million yet. These are facts.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I know that, but you would still have the same legal responsibilities. You leave yourself wide open by not formalising the position. Not picking holes, just pointing out facts. I just wondered why this guy had been rolled out at the press conference which seemed a good move for the club to have someone with his experience involved and then we haven't heard from him since and he hasn't been made a director, its just the Rothwell family plus 1. If you want to lap up everything that is told to you, carry on but we weren't hours from liquidation, we haven't purchased the ground and land within days, they haven't invested £12 million yet. These are facts.

No, you wouldn't. 

Am I concerned that the ground deal is taking longer than expected?  Yes, a little. 

Am I prepared to give the benefit f the doubt for a little while longer?>  Yes, I am.

Do I think that liquidation was a serious prospect, even if not within days?  Yes, I do.

Do I believe that the Rothwell family are professional people who know how to run a business?  Yes, I do.

Is it appropriate that properly constituted supporters groups should be keeping a keen eye on developments as part of building a god long-term relationship with the new owners?  Yes, without question.

Am I confident that the current situation is a massive improvement on the considerable, longstanding and demonstrable incompetence of the previous owner?  Yes, by a margin wider than the Pacific Ocean.

21 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You are fooling nobody. You do realise that don't you.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, you wouldn't. 

Am I concerned that the ground deal is taking longer than expected?  Yes, a little. 

Am I prepared to give the benefit f the doubt for a little while longer?>  Yes, I am.

Do I think that liquidation was a serious prospect, even if not within days?  Yes, I do.

Do I believe that the Rothwell family are professional people who know how to run a business?  Yes, I do.

Is it appropriate that properly constituted supporters groups should be keeping a keen eye on developments as part of building a god long-term relationship with the new owners?  Yes, without question.

Am I confident that the current situation is a massive improvement on the considerable, longstanding and demonstrable incompetence of the previous owner?  Yes, by a margin wider than the Pacific Ocean.

You are likely to be treated with the same responsibilities by law if you are acting as a director but not officially registered as one at companies house. The law actually categorises them into 3 groups. I'll point you to a case if you don't believe me - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/IPEC/2014/99.html

14 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You are likely to be treated with the same responsibilities by law if you are acting as a director but not officially registered as one at companies house. The law actually categorises them into 3 groups. I'll point you to a case if you don't believe me - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/IPEC/2014/99.html

Well that rather depends on how they are acting.  Which I suspect neither you nor I know.  For a long time the term 'director' was just a senior job grade in banking but it was pretty much dropped for fear that regulators might hold those title holders to be acting as shadow directors and hold them to the same standard of responsibility as formally appointed directors.  I very much doubt the same concerns apply to small private companies.

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The contact page on the official website shows Peter and Kevin as "subject to owners and director's test". Not sure about Joe.

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

Not picking holes, just pointing out facts. I just wondered why this guy had been rolled out at the press conference which seemed a good move for the club to have someone with his experience involved and then we haven't heard from him since and he hasn't been made a director, its just the Rothwell family plus 1.

27 minutes ago, mick26 said:

The contact page on the official website shows Peter and Kevin as "subject to owners and director's test". Not sure about Joe.

😂😂😂😂

More great detective work from Pete/Mike

1. Why is Barry still trying to ruin the club? 

2. Why are his lapdogs still letting him groom them? 

3. How long until they realise they're being used? 

4. Is a relationship with Barry worth the ostracism from your club? 

5. Does he provide the Jesus juice or is there a kitty? 

22 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Desperation for relevance, a bit of power and for the snout to be back in the trough?

56 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

1. Because he's a sad bitter lonely little man who doesn't care about Oldham Athletic 

2. They are weak and stupid.

3. Probably never because of answer number 2

4. No but again see answer number 2

5. Who knows but it's quite cult like behaviour.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would have expected better from Mike considering his company are still providing travel for the football club until October/November...

Patrick, despite you assuming i'm Mike, i'm not but i have spoken to him and he wasn't doing the travel for the club for the past season and a half and only resumed when the ownership changed. Not sure if it's temporary or not although you seem to know despite any contract between companies normally being confidential.

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

I suggest you call in Inspector Knacker, with his impeccable investigative record, to look into these matters. If anyone can waste several months trying to get to the bottom of it all it's surely Knacker of the Yard. Just ask him to do so quietly and preferably a long, long way away from Boundary Park.

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Patrick, despite you assuming i'm Mike, i'm not but i have spoken to him and he wasn't doing the travel for the club for the past season and a half and only resumed when the ownership changed. Not sure if it's temporary or not although you seem to know despite any contract between companies normally being confidential.

And you know too …

Archived