That speech though...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

The tannoy in the JRS has gone from one extreme to the other. It needs turning down a notch. I love Frank to bits but that speech went on too long. 

Way too loud. And why was the DJ playing two songs at once?!

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The tannoy in the JRS has gone from one extreme to the other. It needs turning down a notch. I love Frank to bits but that speech went on too long. 

Like most support acts, he went on a bit too long  , especially when telling athleticos to shut up every minute, but you've got to love his enthusiasm.  

1 hour ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

The way he shushes people when he wants to carry on talking is absolutely hilarious. I'm pretty sure he's going to annoy some oppositions fans though. What a character he is. 

I hope that, once the initial excitement is over, Frank takes more of a backward seat.

Isn’t he off on another transatlantic rowing effort soon?

TBF Frank milked it yesterday, and who could blame him, the fans responded to the rallying call and it was good to see so many from the younger generation there, atmospheres like yesterday will help to get them hooked. The athletico's do a brilliant job although the big flags tend to block out the view, I'm not complaining though as I could easily move away from them if I wanted. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I hope that, once the initial excitement is over, Frank takes more of a backward seat.

Isn’t he off on another transatlantic rowing effort soon?

He won't be coming out giving speeches every week and we won't have a presecion every week yesterday was about the start of a new era so it's only right he took centre stage this was a day for the fans to thank and welcome him in. It will likely be just him taking his seat and watching the game going forwards.

There are things which will wear thin pretty quickly. I hope the fanfare settles down and he does the right things, quietly, in the background. If it was someone else's owner, I'd find it cringe as fuck.

It's a good time. He deserves the accolade and the fans rightfully enjoyed the day. That should be it now. 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

It's a good time. He deserves the accolade and the fans rightfully enjoyed the day. That should be it now. 

I suspect the TV will want some more of Frank.  Plus we've no chance the CEO of ManUre will loan us Ronaldo after the half time joke. 🙄 

20 hours ago, disjointed said:

TBF Frank milked it yesterday, and who could blame him, the fans responded to the rallying call and it was good to see so many from the younger generation there, atmospheres like yesterday will help to get them hooked. The athletico's do a brilliant job although the big flags tend to block out the view, I'm not complaining though as I could easily move away from them if I wanted. 

You are back 👍👍👍, I could only watch BBC txt updates on my phone and follow this site for info, first world problem I suppose as on holidays in France.

Archived