Big Eds at the top....

5 games in and the NL Big Eds are beginning to find their feet. 

Solihull, Chesterfield and Wrexham are 2, 3 and 4th, and Notts County are still unbeaten and looking strong. Expect these 4 to all make the top 6 come April so we need to stay in touch if we can.

Can't really afford a loss at York tomorrow with Chesterfield coming on Saturday.

Fair play to Wealdstone and Barnett who have had great starts, but I'd expect them to drop off.

• Londonboy changed the title to Big Eds at the top....

We really should of got something out of Wealdstone at home after a poor first half, can't afford too many no shows in this league, if we win tomorrow it would be an okay start but it could be argued we haven't played anyone yet, saying that watched Wrexham yesterday and they were fortunate playing against 10 men for over an hour.

Saturday will be the acid test won’t it. That said, things will still be settling down for most clubs until October.  

Last season Stockport had 5 points after 5 games and 8 after 7. 

win at York, big if, but I would say that would constitute a strong start, not just an ok one. 

10 hours ago, underdog said:

I am starting to wonder if most in this league see us as a big scalp so to speak, and will upp their game to beat us.

Makes those 90 plus mins unpredictable and defo nail biting times

Without a doubt, nice stadium, fair crowd are always going to make these games tough.

An observation I've had a few games in is when the fixtures came out I thought great if I could of picked three games to play at home it would of been the three we played, on the face of it we had a relatively easy start but looking back now playing the partimers first up would be a massive disadvantage, nice pitch, warm weather, full squad to choose from, pre season under their belts, probably took some annual leave for the first couple of weeks of the season. I cant imagine any of these teams would fancy BP in January for a midweek night game and playing them early might not have been advantage I first thought.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Without a doubt, nice stadium, fair crowd are always going to make these games tough.

An observation I've had a few games in is when the fixtures came out I thought great if I could of picked three games to play at home it would of been the three we played, on the face of it we had a relatively easy start but looking back now playing the partimers first up would be a massive disadvantage, nice pitch, warm weather, full squad to choose from, pre season under their belts, probably took some annual leave for the first couple of weeks of the season. I cant imagine any of these teams would fancy BP in January for a midweek night game and playing them early might not have been advantage I first thought.

Jesus christ, suggesting playing the part time lads 1st up was a disadvantage is some stretch. 

20 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Jesus christ, suggesting playing the part time lads 1st up was a disadvantage is some stretch. 

I was suggesting we may of benefited more from playing them on a Tuesday night in January, there's a difference. 

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I was suggesting we may of benefited more from playing them on a Tuesday night in January, there's a difference. 

It'd be a good thing to play the top sides early so they haven't gelled properly.

Timing makes little difference bar the last 3 or 4 games of the season. The idea our games have been hard is laughable. 

Real test next Saturday against a proper side. Ideal for us to have had a few games to gel before these real tests.

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

Hopefully we will raise our game “bigger teams”

We bloody need to!

All the teams we have played to date were expected to struggle. Bar Wealdstone, the highest placed team in the current league we have played is York in 13th!

With Chesterfield and 2 long trips South up next we will see where we are really at.

Chesterfield won again today and Boreham Wood won 4-1 at Dorking....Sheridan needs to step it up and quickly....

11 hours ago, Clifford said:

With respect, given your disparaging comments about this league, eg binmen etc, I fail to see why your opinion on the matter is worth more than diddly squat.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not to football guru Clifford. The "part time lads" (a risible phrase in itself) are crap in August and crap in January. Must be wonderful to be so clear sighted and wise.

26 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

With respect, given your disparaging comments about this league, eg binmen etc, I fail to see why your opinion on the matter is worth more than diddly squat.

Not sure he deserves respect 

19 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Not to football guru Clifford. The "part time lads" (a risible phrase in itself) are crap in August and crap in January. Must be wonderful to be so clear sighted and wise.

The part time lads should look crap against a full time side.

The game against Chesterfield on Saturday is going to be massive now isn't it.. they should be bringing near enough 2k and shez needs to get the lads fired up and chasing down every loose ball and you can garentee that Ollie Banks will score and his Dad will balloon it on twitter 😂

I see Wrexham, Notts County and Solihull all won and scored 5 at the weekend and sit 2nd, 3rd and 4th behind Chesterfield.

It seems we really are light years behind them at the moment with absolutely no chance of challenging, and will be looking over our shoulder unless something changes and quickly.

We've got a long trip to Boreham Wood on Saturday who are 6th and sit only 3 points of Chesterfield at the top so expecting nothing there. Not looking forward to going and getting the piss taken out of us by their 800 fans.....it's fucking depressing at the moment🙄 

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I see Wrexham, Notts County and Solihull all won and scored 5 at the weekend and sit 2nd, 3rd and 4th behind Chesterfield.

It seems we really are light years behind them at the moment with absolutely no chance of challenging, and will be looking over our shoulder unless something changes and quickly.

We've got a long trip to Boreham Wood on Saturday who are 6th and sit only 3 points of Chesterfield at the top so expecting nothing there. Not looking forward to going and getting the piss taken out of us by their 800 fans.....it's fucking depressing at the moment🙄 

Wait until the FA Trophy...

18 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Depressing indeed 😮

I cannot make the Borehamwood match but will be at Woking on the Tuesday.

A pivotal two games for our season I think 🤔 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Depressing indeed 😮

I cannot make the Borehamwood match but will be at Woking on the Tuesday.

A pivotal two games for our season I think 🤔 

Yep agree. I'll be at Woking also. Perhaps I'll see you there? I'll pm you if I remember

Looking at the next two months fixtures and I know alot can change in football but as it currently stands  we've a month of tough games followed by a month of easier games..

10/9 Borehamwood 5th
13/9 Woking 10th
17/9 Eastleigh 11th
24/9 Bromley 8th
1/10 Wrexham 2nd

... followed by

4/10 Scunny 24th
8/10 Maidenhead 17th
22/10 Yeovil 20th
25/10 Altrincham 23rd
29/10 Halifax 22nd

On 9/5/2022 at 12:24 PM, wroteforluck87 said:

Looking at the next two months fixtures and I know alot can change in football but as it currently stands  we've a month of tough games followed by a month of easier games..

10/9 Borehamwood 5th
13/9 Woking 10th
17/9 Eastleigh 11th
24/9 Bromley 8th
1/10 Wrexham 2nd

... followed by

4/10 Scunny 24th
8/10 Maidenhead 17th
22/10 Yeovil 20th
25/10 Altrincham 23rd
29/10 Halifax 22nd

From what we've seen so far, there's no need to split the fixtures into two categories when one will suffice.

On 8/28/2022 at 11:38 PM, underdog said:

I am starting to wonder if most in this league see us as a big scalp so to speak, and will upp their game to beat us.

Makes those 90 plus mins unpredictable and defo nail biting times

hurry up and solidify that thought. regardless of league position we are the biggest scalp down here, especially after Frank's who the fuck are dorking speech.

Archived