Oldham v Wrexham

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hand on heart this isn't I this ain't a game I'm expecting 3 points from a draw would be brilliant that being said I do want to see us start picking up wins in the next 5 games after this one.

If we walk away after seeing us battling for every ball today for 90mins I'll a happy man

2 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Genuine question. Why do Wrexham and the others in the south play in the English leagues and not their own? 

There were only amateur leagues in Wales when professional clubs like Cardiff were formed. 

16 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Hand on heart this isn't I this ain't a game I'm expecting 3 points from a draw would be brilliant that being said I do want to see us start picking up wins in the next 5 games after this one.

If we walk away after seeing us battling for every ball today for 90mins I'll a happy man

Want us to win every game but leaning toward agreeing here. If there is graft, tactics and signs of a plan/progress, I'll walk away from BP satisfied regardless of win, loss or draw.

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Genuine question. Why do Wrexham and the others in the south play in the English leagues and not their own? 

There are currently five Welsh teams playing in English football – Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Merthyr Town. These Welsh teams were permitted to join the English league system because when they were formed there was no Welsh football league, leaving England as their only viable option.

2 hours ago, bluentangerine said:

There are currently five Welsh teams playing in English football – Cardiff City, Swansea City, Newport County, Wrexham and Merthyr Town. These Welsh teams were permitted to join the English league system because when they were formed there was no Welsh football league, leaving England as their only viable option.

Shrewsbury sneaked in by the skin of their half Welsh teeth 

• Matt locked this topic

Archived