Oldham v Wrexham

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Lags said:

Don't get it... most of north Wales emanates from Liverpool. I also recall the the advert for coal with the slogan "come home to a real fire". Quite a few English who bought a home there literally did.  Now that is racism.

I mean,  we're only taking Wrexham here. Who are they?

The police will have had a say and trust me GMP have erred on the side of caution since inviting 150,000 ticketless Rangers fans to the vicinity in 2008 

55 minutes ago, Lags said:

Don't get it... most of north Wales emanates from Liverpool. I also recall the the advert for coal with the slogan "come home to a real fire". Quite a few English who bought a home there literally did.  Now that is racism.

Small town in Clwyd, they're just a small town in Clwyd

4 hours ago, Lags said:

You're talking about the Scouse Riviera. Behind that is a load of Tory Welsh farmers, who are Welsh when they want to be. Then down the North/West we have a group of middle class fascists who hate everything English. They are nasty bastards, but they are a small minority. But, the vast majority of ordinary working people are very friendly and welcoming. It's still a Labour nation, unlike those fucking traitors in Scotland and the Scottish Nasty Party. There seriously isn't an issue, apart from second homes, and I actually agree. There's a real problem. 

Anyway, you'll see thousands of Welsh people going to football across England every week. That says a lot. 

And they love sheep....

Hey City fan in peace here. Thinking of hwading down for the first time tomorrow after hearing Joe Royle on one of our podcasts saying how things might be looking up etc...ill have my 2 boys with me so assuming family stand is best bet? Also parking wise, any suggestions gratefully recieved!

On 9/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, Red Adair said:

Some would call it casual racism.  Ah, but they’re Welsh, it’s not the same.

Please don't make me piss! A couple of years ago, I was very keen on a house (not a second home - my permanent home) near Bala in Wales. I wanted a bit of peace and quiet, the country life etc. Found a lovely detached place at the end of a small lane with breathtaking views, a tributary of the river Dee running in the field full of sheep behind - absolutely idyllic. On a second viewing I tried to engage the lady gardening next door in pleasant conversation - you know just to enquire about the area etc. At first I thought she was deaf as she appeared not to hear what I was saying. After repeating myself 3 times, she turned to me and said (and this is the absolute truth), "Don't you know we speak Welsh around here, we don't like the English so you'd be better off looking in your own country." With that, she turned her back on me and carried on dead heading her plants (or Englishmen she had buried up to their necks in the garden!).

Blatant racism if ever I`ve witnessed it - but of course it's not white on black or asian, so nobody gives a damn!

Racism is well and truly alive and I wish that the liberalist left would take of their blinkers and see that it emanates from many races towards many others.

Did I report it? No? Why? Because the local Heddlu would do nothing about it (as proven by the English man living in Bala town who has had his windows put through umpteen times just for being English).

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Please don't make me piss! A couple of years ago, I was very keen on a house (not a second home - my permanent home) near Bala in Wales. I wanted a bit of peace and quiet, the country life etc. Found a lovely detached place at the end of a small lane with breathtaking views, a tributary of the river Dee running in the field full of sheep behind - absolutely idyllic. On a second viewing I tried to engage the lady gardening next door in pleasant conversation - you know just to enquire about the area etc. At first I thought she was deaf as she appeared not to hear what I was saying. After repeating myself 3 times, she turned to me and said (and this is the absolute truth), "Don't you know we speak Welsh around here, we don't like the English so you'd be better off looking in your own country." With that, she turned her back on me and carried on dead heading her plants (or Englishmen she had buried up to their necks in the garden!).

Blatant racism if ever I`ve witnessed it - but of course it's not white on black or asian, so nobody gives a damn!

Racism is well and truly alive and I wish that the liberalist left would take of their blinkers and see that it emanates from many races towards many others.

Did I report it? No? Why? Because the local Heddlu would do nothing about it (as proven by the English man living in Bala town who has had his windows put through umpteen times just for being English).

Would you have tried to learn Cymraeg?

11 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Have you ever thought about why the Welsh (or Scottish or Irish for that matter) might have a long standing problem with the English? Do you think her having that attitude toward you is the same as if she'd told a black Welsh person to go and look in their own country?

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Have you ever thought about why the Welsh (or Scottish or Irish for that matter) might have a long standing problem with the English? Do you think her having that attitude toward you is the same as if she'd told a black Welsh person to go and look in their own country?

Bit harsh taking it out on Wiseowl for stuff Edward I did though.

It's still xenophobia not racism 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bit harsh taking it out on Wiseowl for stuff Edward I did though.

It's still xenophobia not racism 

I'm not saying its correct. I've been on the end of it a bit when I lived in NZ - they hated us more than the Aussies!  But holding a grudge against historical oppressors/invaders is nothing like the other racism referenced.

26 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

youre white and English so almost everything ever is your fault, anything that isnt your fault is because of brexit.

life is so much easier when you realise and accept this.

Just now, nzlatic said:

I'm not saying its correct. I've been on the end of it a bit when I lived in NZ - they hated us more than the Aussies!  But holding a grudge against historical oppressors/invaders is nothing like the other racism referenced.

I was just trying to lighten the mood.

I agree, a lot of the world have a grim view of us due to history and our obsession with holding onto it "we were an empire once you know".

That, and obnoxious behaviour in Benidorm whilst trying to find the nearest place that does a full English 

9 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I get the impression she would still dislike even more a Welsh speaking Englishman, so learning the language wouldn't help.

We don't know that for sure - so let's not speculate. I'm sure we don't want this conversation to fall into the trap of 'I'm appalled at the thing that I've just made up in my head'. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

We don't know that for sure - so let's not speculate. I'm sure we don't want this conversation to fall into the trap of 'I'm appalled at the thing that I've just made up in my head'. 

Even if it's made up it was a good little story!! I was merely responding that learning the language of the country you move to may not make any difference. Being a descendant of a country that has wronged you centuries ago is all that counts.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

He should be allowed to speak whichever language he wants.

It's no different than me giving the young African girl who cleans our toilets at work abuse for not being able to speak English.

Double standards from the left as usual.

16 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

You're talking about the Scouse Riviera. Behind that is a load of Tory Welsh farmers, who are Welsh when they want to be. Then down the North/West we have a group of middle class fascists who hate everything English. They are nasty bastards, but they are a small minority. But, the vast majority of ordinary working people are very friendly and welcoming. It's still a Labour nation, unlike those fucking traitors in Scotland and the Scottish Nasty Party. There seriously isn't an issue, apart from second homes, and I actually agree. There's a real problem. 

Anyway, you'll see thousands of Welsh people going to football across England every week. That says a lot. 

And they love sheep....

Spot on about the 2nd homes. 

13 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Our pitch is terrible and it looks like it won’t stop raining until 4pm tomorrow.

Any other local games to watch tomorrow?

I don’t think we’d be too upset with a postponement to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

Even if it's made up it was a good little story!! I was merely responding that learning the language of the country you move to may not make any difference. Being a descendant of a country that has wronged you centuries ago is all that counts.

No, sorry - you misunderstand me. I don't doubt the posters experience with the woman, it probably happened - she's trying to be patriotic, yet coming across as an absolute arse. You know the type. 

No, what I was saying was that what we don't know is whether or not she would've disliked an Englishman who was trying to speak Cymraeg, I think we shouldn't assume such things.

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

He should be allowed to speak whichever language he wants.

It's no different than me giving the young African girl who cleans our toilets at work abuse for not being able to speak English.

Double standards from the left as usual.

You've missed the crux of what I was saying, I wasn't replying to @wiseowl - I don't doubt his experience at all, I was replying to @Only Blue - I was saying that what we don't know is whether or not she would've disliked an Englishman who was trying to speak Cymraeg, I think we shouldn't assume such things. The woman wasn't indicative of all Welsh people, and I know for a fact those Welsh speakers who live in Wales absolutely love people learning and trying to speak Cymraeg. 

Furthermore I'd bet that girl in your anecdote is trying to speak whatever language it is that would help her in her travails, she doesn't have to, but it helps doesn't it. She feels inclusive if she did. The OP can speak whatever language they like, however it's not uncommon for people to try to speak the language of the country that they've moved to, even if it's a little.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, sorry - you misunderstand me. I don't doubt the posters experience with the woman, it probably happened - she's trying to be patriotic, yet coming across as an absolute arse. You know the type. 

No, what I was saying was that what we don't know is whether or not she would've disliked an Englishman who was trying to speak Cymraeg, I think we shouldn't assume such things.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

You've missed the crux of what I was saying, I wasn't replying to @wiseowl - I don't doubt his experience at all, I was replying to @Only Blue - I was saying that what we don't know is whether or not she would've disliked an Englishman who was trying to speak Cymraeg, I think we shouldn't assume such things. The woman wasn't indicative of all Welsh people, and I know for a fact those Welsh speakers who live in Wales absolutely love people learning and trying to speak Cymraeg. 

Furthermore I'd bet that girl in your anecdote is trying to speak whatever language it is that would help her in her travails, she doesn't have to, but it helps doesn't it. She feels inclusive if she did. The OP can speak whatever language they like, however it's not uncommon for people to try to speak the language of the country that they've moved to, even if it's a little.

I spoke to an incredibly attractive Swedish girl on holiday in Gran Caneria when I was a couple.

She straight up asked why pissed up English lads felt they had the right to grope her when she was having a quiet glass of wine after work

As a nation we don't help ourselves 

Archived