#measureoncecuttwice

I like to think I'm well paid but I certainly do more than my contracted hours

I was even sending emails and reviewing Risk Assessments on Sunday

We are the dickheads 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I like to think I'm well paid but I certainly do more than my contracted hours

I was even sending emails and reviewing Risk Assessments on Sunday

We are the dickheads 

yeah plus this was completely my fault, it was actually over 100hrs if you include commuting (l usually charge commuting)

95% of people doing my job would have charged three times what l charged but l just couldn't bill them for my mistake. BBC aswell. typing this out l realise yes you are correct, l'm a dickhead.

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Oldham has suffered more than most from the destruction of its "northern drinking culture" to be replaced by another culture (although some people get very touchy about the truth around this subject). It's now generally a dreadful place for an alcoholic drink. 

Another post pointing out your thoughts that there are too many brown people in oldham...

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Another post pointing out your thoughts that there are too many brown people in oldham...

I did think this 

And has a person who went to Broadfield Primary (before leaving the area) and had some great Asian friends growing up who i still stay in touch with that comment was disgusting 

Very little promotion of this fixture on the club's official channels or other outlets.

Thought there would be at least a small marketing push to get people through the gates, especially whilst there is still some potential excitement around the new management. Seems a bit of a miss to get a few extra in.

57 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Very little promotion of this fixture on the club's official channels or other outlets.

Thought there would be at least a small marketing push to get people through the gates, especially whilst there is still some potential excitement around the new management. Seems a bit of a miss to get a few extra in.

I think the fact they’ve made it all ticket, suggests they’re happy with sales. Will be a bumper crowd that could even touch 10k. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I did think this 

And has a person who went to Broadfield Primary (before leaving the area) and had some great Asian friends growing up who i still stay in touch with that comment was disgusting 

mcfluff - incorrect and not anything I have ever said. I love cosmopolitan places and enjoy learning from other cultures. I merely have a view that it's not good when one culture virtually displaces wholesale the existing cosmopolitan culture in the proverbial "blink of an eye". I`ve said before, Oldham used to be a superb multi-cultural place. You could drink with the West Indian lads and lasses in Kittymans, the Anglo-West Indian Club, Bergmans etc., the Poles in the ex servicemens club in Glodwick, likewise with the Ukrainian folk in their club. You could even have a game of pool with "the travelling community" in The Park Hotel near Alexandra Park. You could have a great night and have "the craic" with the Irish in The Land League Club, The One & Three etc. All long gone.

P.S. I used to drink/dance in Kittymans with my West Indian wife, so don't make me laugh with your bilge about "brown people".)

P.P.S. Are you aware of the blatant racism and violence against the West Indian community in Glodwick in the 80s?. Thought not (because it wasn't committed by white people).

P.P.P.S. Are you aware of the blatant racism and violence against the travelling community on their Ada Street site (Glodwick), who were basically hounded and harassed out of town? Thought not (because it wasn't committed by white people).

You're a sick joke mcfluff.

Chaddy - please don't jump on mcfluff's bandwaggon.  I don't have a problem with any culture, Asian or otherwise - in fact, I`m completely colour blind. See above - it's an honestly held view - I think Oldham is a far worse and less interesting town since it basically became split along its current cultural lines. Everyone used to mix and get on fine - not anymore - it's become a very boring place.

I also detest "selective racism" i.e. it only matters when it's white on black/asian etc. - all too common amongst the liberals and lefties.  

Apologies generally to other users - it's a football forum but I just needed to reply to blinkered people who have no idea what they are on about - over and out. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think the fact they’ve made it all ticket, suggests they’re happy with sales. Will be a bumper crowd that could even touch 10k. 

Perhaps. With them making it all ticket fairly early in the week, I would suggest it's more to do with needing to know likely attendance numbers for policing more than anything.

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

mcfluff - incorrect and not anything I have ever said. I love cosmopolitan places and enjoy learning from other cultures. I merely have a view that it's not good when one culture virtually displaces wholesale the existing cosmopolitan culture in the proverbial "blink of an eye". I`ve said before, Oldham used to be a superb multi-cultural place. You could drink with the West Indian lads and lasses in Kittymans, the Anglo-West Indian Club, Bergmans etc., the Poles in the ex servicemens club in Glodwick, likewise with the Ukrainian folk in their club. You could even have a game of pool with "the travelling community" in The Park Hotel near Alexandra Park. You could have a great night and have "the craic" with the Irish in The Land League Club, The One & Three etc. All long gone.

P.S. I used to drink/dance in Kittymans with my West Indian wife, so don't make me laugh with your bilge about "brown people".)

P.P.S. Are you aware of the blatant racism and violence against the West Indian community in Glodwick in the 80s?. Thought not (because it wasn't committed by white people).

P.P.P.S. Are you aware of the blatant racism and violence against the travelling community on their Ada Street site (Glodwick), who were basically hounded and harassed out of town? Thought not (because it wasn't committed by white people).

Chaddy - please don't jump on mcfluff's bandwaggon.  I don't have a problem with any culture, Asian or otherwise - in fact, I`m completely colour blind. See above - it's an honestly held view - I think Oldham is a far worse and less interesting town since it basically became split along its current cultural lines. Everyone used to mix and get on fine - not anymore - it's become a very boring place.

I also detest "selective racism" i.e. it only matters when it's white on black/asian etc. - all too common amongst the liberals and lefties.  

Apologies generally to other users - it's a football forum but I just needed to reply to blinkered people who have no idea what they are on about - over and out. 

"He's not my favourite actor though... Mr Sidney Poitier..."

16 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

"It's not good when one culture virtually displaces wholesale the existing cosmopolitan culture in the proverbial "blink of an eye"

Reading the above, and that comment in particular, what you actually seem to mean is "a good spread is fine but too many p***s ruined it"

4 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Any need?

Probably not...but, if you're going to come on a rivals forum, expect nothing less.

It's obvious there is a gulf between Wrexham's financial status and the one Latics find themselves in. We are probably a few seasons behind yourselves and we need patience. I find it particularly unsettling, as a football fan, that two Hollywood icons have ploughed money into an obscure, Welsh football club. To me, it's as if they went out of their way to gain maximum exposure and "Saviour" status. 

Let's be honest here, no one in Hollywood gives a rat's ass about Wrexham FC or Latics. Your club may be a play thing to them and despite their solemn promises etc. they could drop the toy as quickly as they picked it up.

As a football fan, I hope that doesn't happen or if it does, someone competent is in place to takeover. No hard feelings Mr Adair, but I hope you go home disappointed on Saturday.

Enjoy the game.

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

"It's not good when one culture virtually displaces wholesale the existing cosmopolitan culture in the proverbial "blink of an eye"

Reading the above, and that comment in particular, what you actually seem to mean is "a good spread is fine but too many p***s ruined it"

What he's trying to tell you, is that everyone should be able to live in harmony but that can't happen when your own religion is against it and imposing your own laws over one's that have always existed in a Christian country

Still, it isn't just us, Leicester is another indicator of brewing differences,

Black, Brown, Yellow, White, we're human and like the man says, in the past it used to be far better in Oldham than it is right now.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

I'm not so sure. We're on the back of a poor run of form and have just been absolutely bummed to death by Bromley...

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s ‘banter’ @Red Adair nothing more.

I have noticed this year that a lot of the non-league fans are a sensitive lot and just don't seem to understand our "Oldham" humour. It's savage sometimes!!!

The "stay in Wrexham" comment made me laugh & I could easily visualise someone quipping that in the pub, but sadly typing it takes away how it is intended.

4 hours ago, south east latic said:

Lots of seats still free in the RRE and a decent number in the main stand too if the online ticketing website is anything to go by 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not so sure. We're on the back of a poor run of form and have just been absolutely bummed to death by Bromley...

Alright- 9995 then. 😎

Archived