Oldham v Wrexham

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Some would call it casual racism.  Ah, but they’re Welsh, it’s not the same.

You have well and truly been hooked!!! Stop taking everything as an attack on your nationality. The comments are only because it looks as though you have no sense of humour, so obviously that's just the weakness they are going after.

So, to try to cheer you up and going back to your original enquiry.... Royton. Although some pubs may have bouncers restricting entry but look around. If you get chatting to the locals and you have a Welsh accent, they may take the piss but don't take it personally as we give grief to anyone with a Manc accent and that's just down the road.

4 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Poor decision from the Oldham SAG.  Frank can’t be happy. I would expect a few to chance the home sections. Should be a good atmosphere either way. 

Well they have to make a decision based on the law and guidelines, not how many tickets can be sold.  You may have missed it but we've been struggling a bit - the prospects that everything will be fully in place for over 3,000 away fans are unlikely.

And it's Mr Rothwell to you

11 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Poor decision from the Oldham SAG.  Frank can’t be happy. I would expect a few to chance the home sections. Should be a good atmosphere either way. 

How many will we receive at your place out of interest?

I’d love to know what actually it is that makes it safe for 2300 in the Chaddy but not 3000 or more…..only the first 50 will get served at HT or manage to have a waz so what’s the problem.

A struggling community business denied £20k in revenues by clipboard warriors and feckin council jobsworths

Feckin snowflake world

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I’d love to know what actually it is that makes it safe for 2300 in the Chaddy but not 3000 or more…..only the first 50 will get served at HT or manage to have a waz so what’s the problem.

A struggling community business denied £20k in revenues by clipboard warriors and feckin council jobsworths

Feckin snowflake world

Send them the bill for loss of income.

2 hours ago, Red Adair said:

I Love Wales as a country and show great respect when I visit but as an English man, I've been made to feel as welcome as a pork chop in a synagogue.

God knows how William and Kate will get on but I wouldn't of taken it for all the tea in China.

4 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Oh please. I've lived in Wales for over 20  years, and Welsh racism aimed at the Saesneg can be vicious. I've never heard anything remotely as bad from English people, so don't get on your moral high horse.

On the flip side, and on a personal level, I've never been made to feel anything other than very welcome. 

36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've lived down south for many tears.  If I had a quid for every time I've been called a Norvern Monkey

When I moved south 40 years ago I was known at school as ‘Jock’ and my brother (at a different school) as ‘Haggis’ by the bright sparks. Anything north of Potters Bar was ironically deemed ignorant and Scottish.

Don't get it... most of north Wales emanates from Liverpool. I also recall the the advert for coal with the slogan "come home to a real fire". Quite a few English who bought a home there literally did.  Now that is racism.

I mean,  we're only taking Wrexham here. Who are they?

Archived