Oldham v Wrexham

Looking forward to this. Two proper clubs going toe to toe.

Away tkts go on sale for us on Monday. Initial allocation 2300 for the Rochdale rd end. What’s the capacity for this stand because I can see us selling out pretty quickly. 
Also looking at staying in Manchester on the Saturday night, How easy is it to get to and from Boundary Park to Manchester using the tram service?

thanks in advance.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

Away tkts go on sale for us on Monday. Initial allocation 2300 for the Rochdale rd end. What’s the capacity for this stand because I can see us selling out pretty quickly. 
Also looking at staying in Manchester on the Saturday night, How easy is it to get to and from Boundary Park to Manchester using the tram service?

thanks in advance.

Easy. 15 minute walk each way this end. Probably better off getting off at the Sainsburys and having a couple of drinks en route. Also a couple of taxi ranks in the centre of Oldham... Only be a fiver or so to the ground. 

7 minutes ago, Red Adair said:

thanks in advance.

Avoid Westwood.

5 minutes ago, Andyt84 said:

I think you will have the Chaddy end rather than the Rochdale road end as that is the normal away end.  Capacity is 3750 I think. 

Our official site clearly says the Rochdale rd end.  Confused. 
What end were Chesterfield given recently?

1 hour ago, Red Adair said:

Why?

It's the nearest stop to the ground, but if you want a alcoholic drink there are only off licences, curries and kebabs are the Westwood speciality. Can I say curries and kebabs are OK with me. 

Longtimeblue has it right, sainsbury in the town centre for the tram stop, a few beers in town and then a taxi to the ground to watch your team walk through our midfield. 

Don't quote me on this, I do have old-timers but I am sure I read/heard/had a dream/made it up in the pub - but I am sure (see previous comments) we announced that we were going to turn the Rochdale Road end into the away end and the Chadderton Road stand as the home/family stand.

:peepwall:

2 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Don't quote me on this, I do have old-timers but I am sure I read/heard/had a dream/made it up in the pub - but I am sure (see previous comments) we announced that we were going to turn the Rochdale Road end into the away end and the Chadderton Road stand as the home/family stand.

:peepwall:

nah you dreamt it

thanks in advance.

You bringing the cameras with you for the next series of the documentary. Need to decide whether to make a holy show of ourselves or behave. 

Tram is easy, a little walk at the other end but not too far. Buses from Manchester to Oldham are regular too. 

I would definitely recommend staying in Manchester after the game. Far better food and drink options (other than the afore mentioned currys - we do them pretty well). 

thanks in advance.

Don’t think I’ve been to a game against your boys- are you feisty ( in a Cardiff way 😁) or more good natured generally? 

3 hours ago, Red Adair said:

thanks in advance.

Thanks for the compliment regarding the two clubs and I think we can return the sentiment. I'm not sure how much chance there is of Latics being a more formidable opponent by then but here's hoping.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Don’t think I’ve been to a game against your boys- are you feisty ( in a Cardiff way 😁) or more good natured generally? 

Generally good natured but watch out for the 12yo stone island firm on the carpark 

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

nearly got battered by some Leeds/Wrexham fans in Rhyl once. supporting two clubs in the same structure is proper knobead, but what a combination to pick!!!

l probably said that at the time.

As there's no football. Who can come up with a worse combination? I'll start you off Libpool and..... 

I'll go Millwall

Archived