Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes no wins in six, three in fifteen playing the most boring negative football we've seen in a decade or more really is invigorating, I'm not sure why I'm so displeased. Shez picked up three wins in nine and was hounded out yet Unsworth can't even get a win out of them five games in.

Two managers haven't been backed despite crowds trebling this season and all the euphoria from the takeover will soon be lost, of course the mood will turn as patience runs low I like many others are sick to death of seeing zero progress on the pitch in fact we are worse now under Unsworth as we've ever been but other than that it's all hunky dory.

I get it he needs time but hasn't every manager whose failed in the past 10 years? I want to see progress on the pitch now not excuses as to why players wont drop down to our level, anyway won't that still be the case come the end of this season? 

Let's hope we can pick up a win today somehow and kick on if not I don't see why Unsworth should remain immune from criticism particularly if he keeps serving up the shite we've seen so far.

I think we cam all agree that we aren't seeing great football at the moment. The reason I'm not getting angry about this is because I and a number of others do see it getting better. The problem I had for the previous 5 years (and longer but particularly the last 5) is even if we won I knew it wasn't getting better. Right now I see it and expect it to get better.

January will be critical for us not just who we get in but who we can get out the door we need to move 3-4 on that, way the squad doesn't become bloated and it gives us room to bring in quality. 

48 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Agreed but we need to be bringing in players who come straight into the team.

Tom Elliott 

Josh Harrop (from stockport ex united and pne)

Dion McGhee (from oldham ex united)

James weir from preston ex united)

Rhys Bennett (from bolton)

Lewis Mansell (from burnley)

Danny lloyd (from liverpool) i know hes coming back from injiry but would be perfect on the wing IMO

All would improve the squad and the playing 11 and all based in the north west

55 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Get rid of porter and gardner forever injured wasting a wage the pair of them 

I cannot see Unsworth saying anything other than it's unfortunate they are both injured...again! What he thinks privately is another matter. I totally agree, the pair of them should be put out to pasture and the money saved [if any after paying them off] be used more wisely.

Are we going to see "...contract terminated by mutual consent"?

4 hours ago, ljriley90 said:

Tom Elliott 

Josh Harrop (from stockport ex united and pne)

Dion McGhee (from oldham ex united)

James weir from preston ex united)

Rhys Bennett (from bolton)

Lewis Mansell (from burnley)

Danny lloyd (from liverpool) i know hes coming back from injiry but would be perfect on the wing IMO

All would improve the squad and the playing 11 and all based in the north west

Another pseudonym for you BP60 ?

On 10/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, LightDN123 said:

Porter injured again. He only played 15 mins. 

"Personally think Porter will get injured very early on and keep the physio busy. Waste of a wage in my humble opinion - way, way too old now. Was like a carthorse last time I saw him play - Lord only knows how slow he is now?"

Whoever posted this on the 8th June on the (now locked) "other thread" regarding signings and player rumours is clearly a footballing genius 😁

11 hours ago, wiseowl said:

"Personally think Porter will get injured very early on and keep the physio busy. Waste of a wage in my humble opinion - way, way too old now. Was like a carthorse last time I saw him play - Lord only knows how slow he is now?"

Whoever posted this on the 8th June on the (now locked) "other thread" regarding signings and player rumours is clearly a footballing genius 😁

Or his Dad. 😂

Archived