Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2022 at 9:26 AM, BP1960 said:

Thanks, I'll check him out when Mossley are at home to 1874 Northwich on November 5th.

He's only 20yo, with a background of Manchester United and Crewe it looks promising.

How was he ?

Went to Bower Fold yesterday, Stalybridge v FC Utd, Regan Linney bagged his 17th of the season and looked lively but more impressed by Celtics No 9 Raul Correia who is raw but strong as an ox and bagged a penalty, dreadful match though and hard to believe there is little between where we are at now and the level they are at, about 1000 there and about the 4th time I've been there its pissed it down every time.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Went to Bower Fold yesterday, Stalybridge v FC Utd, Regan Linney bagged his 17th of the season and looked lively but more impressed by Celtics No 9 Raul Correia who is raw but strong as an ox and bagged a penalty, dreadful match though and hard to believe there is little between where we are at now and the level they are at, about 1000 there and about the 4th time I've been there its pissed it down every time.

Linney is useful, but has had off the field problems.

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Linney??

17 goals for FC United this season including a couple of hatricks, I watched him last about 3 seasons ago and he's filled out a lot since then, he used to play wide left and chipped in with goals and assists but played through the middle as a loan striker yesterday, faster and stronger than I remembered and in his mid twenties so still may make it, after BP mentioned he had off the field issues I googled him and he got a suspended sentence for dealing cannabis last year so no shrinking violet but 17 goals in about 20 appearances two divisions below so must be worth a look?, he does work full time so that may be a stumbling block given the peanuts we'd likely be offering.

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

17 goals for FC United this season including a couple of hatricks, I watched him last about 3 seasons ago and he's filled out a lot since then, he used to play wide left and chipped in with goals and assists but played through the middle as a loan striker yesterday, faster and stronger than I remembered and in his mid twenties so still may make it, after BP mentioned he had off the field issues I googled him and he got a suspended sentence for dealing cannabis last year so no shrinking violet but 17 goals in about 20 appearances two divisions below so must be worth a look?, he does work full time so that may be a stumbling block given the peanuts we'd likely be offering.

I've seen him this season, very mobile, great work rate and can score goals, but can't see he's ever been on Everton's books. 😉

Archived