Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Not sure on Porter but Lumaba, Stobbs, Windass, Leutwiler, Da Silva, Angol and J Clarke are gone.

Windass was in that group too.

Wouldn't be surprised if Porter stayed through his rehabilitation and retired at the end of the season or something.

Saw James Ball mooted to be announced Monday - current Dogdale, former Solihull but then a Dale fan said it was off and another Oldham fan said they asked a director at the game who denied it - guess we will see barring a usual source saying it’s correct.

4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bit gutted about Luamba, before he got injured last season he was for me our brightest prospect for some time. 

He's shown at times he has something (as well as pace) so I'd keep him and send him out on loan to get games. Looks leaner than when he first played so could do with bulking up a bit.

30 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Saw James Ball mooted to be announced Monday - current Dogdale, former Solihull but then a Dale fan said it was off and another Oldham fan said they asked a director at the game who denied it - guess we will see barring a usual source saying it’s correct.

What did the dale fan say about him?

I've just asked a dale fan i know about Ball and he said he'd drop him off at Boundary Park for us, every bit as non-league as our club apparently...

He could just be winding me.up though.

58 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bit gutted about Luamba, before he got injured last season he was for me our brightest prospect for some time. 

Agree. Should have been loaned to a club like Ashton Utd for a season and had the chance to get a regular run of games and confidence up if he did well

50 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

What did the dale fan say about him?

I've just asked a dale fan i know about Ball and he said he'd drop him off at Boundary Park for us, every bit as non-league as our club apparently...

He could just be winding me.up though.

Supposedly was superb to start after signing then got injured so hasn’t been great since - one fan said “Has a good 20 minutes every now and again but goes missing for large periods. Lazy and gives it the ‘Big I Am’ when he occasionally scores!” - so Rooney mark two

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

He's shown at times he has something (as well as pace) so I'd keep him and send him out on loan to get games. Looks leaner than when he first played so could do with bulking up a bit.

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Agree. Should have been loaned to a club like Ashton Utd for a season and had the chance to get a regular run of games and confidence up if he did well

He is fucking awful... next 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

My recommendations aren't from Everton.

Saw Callum Gribbin play today for FCUM. I would imagine you are aware of him. Has a magnificent touch and a wand of a left foot. His best chance today fell on his right unfortunately. His balance is terrific and at times Whitby couldn't get near him. Ex United, was the new Ryan Giggs,   released at 18 and went to Sheffield United followed by Barrow and only played one game. Played last season at Radcliffe.  He's 24 so I presume other clubs have looked at him and thought no. 

There must be a reason why he's playing at that level. Bloody gorgeous to watch though.

16 hours ago, astottie said:

Saw Callum Gribbin play today for FCUM. I would imagine you are aware of him. Has a magnificent touch and a wand of a left foot. His best chance today fell on his right unfortunately. His balance is terrific and at times Whitby couldn't get near him. Ex United, was the new Ryan Giggs,   released at 18 and went to Sheffield United followed by Barrow and only played one game. Played last season at Radcliffe.  He's 24 so I presume other clubs have looked at him and thought no. 

There must be a reason why he's playing at that level. Bloody gorgeous to watch though.

Thanks, Yes I'm aware of him, but don't know why he dropped to that level after being one of Manchester United's key under 21 players. I'll have a look at him soon.

I see James Berry scored another hat trick (his 2nd in succession) for Macclesfield against title rivals Leek Town and good to see other left winger I liked Luke Dufy of Warrington Town is back in sparking form after his injury. 

The North Wales lad has a slight injury. but is being closely monitored.

The 2 available teenagers I saw in the EPL under 21s were outstanding, if we can get get just one them it will be a real coup, both would be brilliant.

19 hours ago, astottie said:

His attitude has let him down in the past

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

His attitude has let him down in the past

Interesting that. There was something about him. I couldn't put my finger on it. It wouldn't be fair to say he wasn't interested but he did seem a bit detached.

44 minutes ago, astottie said:

Interesting that. There was something about him. I couldn't put my finger on it. It wouldn't be fair to say he wasn't interested but he did seem a bit detached.

I guess it must be difficult when released by a major club, but the way back is to show them they were wrong, even if it means starting again from scratch.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:55 PM, astottie said:

Was at Altrincham in pre season but was let go due to poor attitude

26 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Hope so as I've always rated him.

When Clarkey scored on Saturday he was ecstatic as he congratulated him which showed good team spirit.

Maybe he's getting a bit of mentoring from him ?

It can't be easy for a young player making his way in the game to play in a team devoid of much confidence until recently so perhaps some of us jump on loanees backs a bit too early. 👍

Archived