Signing & Player Rumours

53 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Well, he did up until 11 December, hasn't scored since.

To be fair we don't as a team score many and there have only been 6 league games since then, but still....

No coincidence that he stopped scoring with the change in formation. He needs to be further up field. Tollitt is at his best when 1 v 1 in the final third of the pitch, picking it up on the halfway line is not what he’s about. Another failure of the manager to make our best player ineffective. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No coincidence that he stopped scoring with the change in formation. He needs to be further up field. Tollitt is at his best when 1 v 1 in the final third of the pitch, picking it up on the halfway line is not what he’s about. Another failure of the manager to make our best player ineffective. 

Everyone said we had to play 4-4-2 though?

Just now, rudemedic said:

Not everyone. I don't understand the obsession with 4-4-2. 

He isn't playing the Joe Royle 442 of the 90s, what we have seen is 2 midfielders positioned wide of central to protect the full backs, particularly the right back.

Big Joe used very effective wingers, we have none.

Tollet is crap. He is decent within a tiny band of the pitch, anything 10 yard from the opposition box. 

We can't carry someone like that. Either he ups his fitness and his work rate or he should be dropped. Simply shite since his contract extension. 

Week in week out he's the most physically feeble and the least hard working. Given he can't pass either he pretty much symbolises all that is wrong with our team.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Tollet is crap. He is decent within a time band of the pitch, anything 10 yard from the opposition box. 

We can't carry someone like that. Either he ups his fitness and his work rate or he should be dropped. Simply shite since his contract extension. 

Week in week out he's the most physically feeble and the least hard working. Given he can't pass either he pretty much symbolises all that is wrong with our team.

Scathing but can't really argue with any of that.

2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Tollet is crap. He is decent within a tiny band of the pitch, anything 10 yard from the opposition box. 

Harsh but I have exactly the same opinion, definitely can't play in our current system (whatever that is).

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Everyone said we had to play 4-4-2 though?

Yes absolutely everyone....

I think you'll find most were asking for us to be more positive and play with two strikers, not necessarily a rigid 4-4-2 but I guess you know that. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He isn't playing the Joe Royle 442 of the 90s, what we have seen is 2 midfielders positioned wide of central to protect the full backs, particularly the right back.

Big Joe used very effective wingers, we have none.

Big Joe was also not stupid enough to tell his wide players to stay wide. I remember Adams getting a blocking for doing that. If you play this formation, one of you wide players has to tuck in to create a three, with the other one pushing wide (depending on how the opposition move forward). A flat 4 man midfield is really naive. It'd get slaughtered in the modern game, which is why very few teams play it. 

#flat442isnaivebollocks

#nooneplays442forareason

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes absolutely everyone....

I think you'll find most were asking for us to be more positive and play with two strikers, not necessarily a rigid 4-4-2 but I guess you know that. 

Course he knows that. But when doesn’t  Rob pass up on an opportunity to criticise other fans?

The lad’s a fucking weirdo.

6 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Big Joe was also not stupid enough to tell his wide players to stay wide. I remember Adams getting a blocking for doing that. If you play this formation, one of you wide players has to tuck in to create a three, with the other one pushing wide (depending on how the opposition move forward). A flat 4 man midfield is really naive. It'd get slaughtered in the modern game, which is why very few teams play it. 

#flat442isnaivebollocks

#nooneplays442forareason

Adams and Holden both played wide, any 2 wingers as good would still take teams apart in the modern day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived