21 hours ago, League one forever said:

He was top drawer in that first half yesterday. He bullied their centre halves, his hold up play was excellent and he scored a cracker.

To be honest- I didn’t know he had that in him, as to me he looks like he can’t be arsed a lot of the time. But yesterday showed what an asset he can when he’s at it. It will be interesting to see if he can hit that level more consistently or whether yesterday was a flash in a pan. 

anybody who went to scunthorpe and newport has been waiting for this.

he's nearly back fit and he has now got a Rhino to look up to, if he doesn't proper kick on now then he doesn't actually want to be a Footballer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought bringing on a 2nd striker might have been the way to go on Saturday. Fondop needed someone along side him

I'm not high on Luamba his first touch his awful and he never really seems to set himself to receive the ball.  I kinda think he was probably just a big strong kid and he got away with that but now as a pro I think he's fair way of the pace. 

Fondop has some ability but I don't think he's ever go chase everything down he put a decent shift in on Saturday but he doesn't striker me as someone who's going to run and run like Paul Warne used to. 

5 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

I actually thought bringing on a 2nd striker might have been the way to go on Saturday. Fondop needed someone along side him

I'm not high on Luamba his first touch his awful and he never really seems to set himself to receive the ball.  I kinda think he was probably just a big strong kid and he got away with that but now as a pro I think he's fair way of the pace. 

Fondop has some ability but I don't think he's ever go chase everything down he put a decent shift in on Saturday but he doesn't striker me as someone who's going to run and run like Paul Warne used to. 

Unfortunately when Luamba came on he played wide right instead of playing alongside Fondop and looking for knock-downs.

Rooney had dropped deeper and deeper so when we did get it up to Fondop there was no one within 40 yards of him.

Bringing Couto on was a bit baffling as Harry Vaughn would have done a much better job, even down the left.

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Unfortunately when Luamba came on he played wide right instead of playing alongside Fondop and looking for knock-downs.

Rooney had dropped deeper and deeper so when we did get it up to Fondop there was no one within 40 yards of him.

Bringing Couto on was a bit baffling as Harry Vaughn would have done a much better job, even down the left.

Agreed. 

15 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

wouldn't want him playing like Warne either he couldn't really be much further away from that type of player.

we defo either should have backed him up or taken him off after 60 tho.

not even gona say how perfect him n Nuttall could be in a two for certain matches 😳

55 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He's a big lad but a total lump. I'd rather see Luamba learn his trade than persist with Fondop unless that 1st half is going to be the norm from now on.

9 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Luamba scoring at Sutton and Scunthorpe last season has perhaps bought him some time in and around the first team.

However I don’t think he has shown enough to merit a start yet - and I also think he needs to kick on or he will not be given many more opportunities if/when we bring in another striker and Porter and Hope return.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Luamba scoring at Sutton and Scunthorpe last season has perhaps bought him some time in and around the first team.

However I don’t think he has shown enough to merit a start yet - and I also think he needs to kick on or he will not be given many more opportunities if/when we bring in another striker and Porter and Hope return.

l think its all but certain that Lumba will rightly be fading back a bit for a maximum couple of seasons playin 90 without crowds in a B team see what happens.

broke thru as a nipply kid got injured and came back as a still growing man beast who might not be fast anymore.

seen him miss some right sitters but we shouldnt have seen them bc they should have happened at reserve/youth level.

flipsided by scorin instinctive winners for the first team what a feelin that must be

defo a player there

16 minutes ago, Lags said:

I am not convinced by Luamba. Sure he's still young however, even so you see something in young players. Sorry Luamba you ain't going to cut it even at this level.

I'm convinced either but I think these lads need games to allow them to develop, find their way and develop a style.

Would like to see us bringing in a striker and sending Junior out to NLN for some game time and experience.

Not writing any young lad off yet. They just haven't had the right experiences so far and need help.

5 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

I'm convinced either but I think these lads need games to allow them to develop, find their way and develop a style.

Would like to see us bringing in a striker and sending Junior out to NLN for some game time and experience.

Not writing any young lad off yet. They just haven't had the right experiences so far and need help.

Absolutely or time in the up coming B team.

He's got the time remaining on his contract. I just doubt he'll get another without improvement.

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Watching Haaland yesterday made me very envious

Worlds apart I know but to have a striker with a 1000th of his awareness, desire and just all round brilliance would be nice.

Never heard of him before this season but he's immense 

He often appears in the penalty area unnoticed - amazing considering his size.

Awareness is a rare thing these days and he's got it in abundance to add to his many skills.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He often appears in the penalty area unnoticed - amazing considering his size.

Awareness is a rare thing these days and he's got it in abundance to add to his many skills.

Yes, commentator commented several times on his desire to be in the right place 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Watching Haaland yesterday made me very envious

Worlds apart I know but to have a striker with a 1000th of his awareness, desire and just all round brilliance would be nice.

Never heard of him before this season but he's immense 

We had one with great awareness many years ago - Roger Palmer, not as big though.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:02 AM, Littlemoor Lad said:

Porter should have a field day at this level and so will Hope.

We'll be fine when we get back to full strength 

While Porter is a better finisher than Hope I don't think he has the legs anymore. 

Hope will make chances. He'll just need a few more as he won't take every one. 

Just now, Lags said:

Loved Roger, but I think Haaland just maybe the best centre forward I've ever seen

At the minute he looks the best player on the planet, can't argue with your opinion and scarily if he wants it he is likely to just get better.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

At the minute he looks the best player on the planet, can't argue with your opinion and scarily if he wants it he is likely to just get better.

Remarked only this morning that previous "lanky" players (Crouch, Jose Torres ? and Ormandroyd for example ) could barely raise a trot but he's got tremendous pace, and speed off the mark which, allied to anticipation, is paramount for a forward.

Anyone know what price he was pre-season for the golden boot ?

Archived