MATCH: vs Chester (A) 18/10/22 FA Cup 4th Rd Qual REPLAY 🏆

Referee: Bannister, Aaron
Assistant Referee: Williams, Ryan
Assistant Referee: Fryer, Martyn
Fourth Official: Lamb, Barry

Winner will play Blyth Spartans or Wrexham and will be played over the weekend of Friday 4th to Monday 7th November.

First Round Proper in full:

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/oct/17/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-draw-20221710

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't buy a win at the moment and havn't kept a clean sheet for 13 games so it's hardly surprising we are trying to set up to at least try and be more solid. 

We have an ex top level defender as our manager so I'm sure he will get this right at some point.

I just hope it's tonight and we can build some confidence going into the next few league games.

Chester’s home form has been poor this season - something that was alluded to in the manager’s interview.

It’s possible that the large crowd and the occasion could work in our favour tonight. 
Let’s hope that the team is set up to win the game and compete from the off. If that happens we should have enough to progress.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Chester’s home form has been poor this season - something that was alluded to in the manager’s interview.

It’s possible that the large crowd and the occasion could work in our favour tonight. 
Let’s hope that the team is set up to win the game and compete from the off. If that happens we should have enough to progress.

Nearly as good as our away form....😵 no wins from 6, 2 goals scored, 9 conceded....

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Nearly as good as our away form....😵 no wins from 6, 2 goals scored, 9 conceded....

Ah…now you come to mention it 3 draws and 3 defeats (which were absolutely shocking performances at Southend, Bromley, Woking) doesn’t bode well 😮

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

With Clarke and Roberts out you’d like to think Unsworths hands are tied and he has to play 4 at the back. Saying that he will probs play Wellens and Stobbs as the wing backs. 
Let’s see what happens, expecting a much improved performance. 

Couto and Wellens will probably slot in at wing back. Hope Wellens has managed to grow a set of bollocks since Bromley...

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He sees Couto as a centre mid, for some reason. 

Think he will be defensivley cautious again with 5 at the back 3 holding midfielders with Tollit and Fondop chasing scraps. Could go to penalties, but it might be hard to find those with enough energy left to take them.

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I have a spare ticket if anyone wants it ? Mate just dropped out, can meet you there or send it over via what’s app / message. 

Don’t want anything for it. 

can i have it please mate how do i get in touch

Archived