MATCH: vs Chester (A) 18/10/22 FA Cup 4th Rd Qual REPLAY 🏆

When Hallam Hope is fit I'd like to see us try 4-3-3

Clarke - Okagbue-Maynard/Carragher - Francis-Angol

Sheron

Gardner     Rooney

Hope - Fondop - Tollit

In the meantime you could possibly give Burgess or Vaughan a go on the right but the problem we need to solve is to get men forward to support Fondop who is doing a good job fighting off centre backs but isn't getting enough support.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please get Wrexham to move this match to a ground that has a capacity that can meet the demand created by Oldham's involvement? It's what small clubs have done in the past. 

Oh, I remember now. Small clubs can't do that any more. Shame. There'll be a few thousand of us disappointed, and it would've been a good pay day for little Wrexham. Never mind. 

Highlights via Chester’s YouTube. I noticed that both of their players that didn’t score their penalty slipped. The 2nd player seemed to kick the ball against his standing foot.

Clear penalty in the first half based on the angle. That gets given and we could well have battered them. 

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Highlights via Chester’s YouTube. I noticed that both of their players that didn’t score their penalty slipped. The 2nd player seemed to kick the ball against his standing foot.

Clear penalty in the first half based on the angle. That gets given and we could well have battered them. 

should that not have been a retake if he kicks it against his own foot?

also the ref should have made Gardner wait when them blokes in the same kit as the keeper start marching behind the keeper. realises his mistake when it happens again and blows his whistle to delay the taking.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

should that not have been a retake if he kicks it against his own foot?

also the ref should have made Gardner wait when them blokes in the same kit as the keeper start marching behind the keeper. realises his mistake when it happens again and blows his whistle to delay the taking.

Think it would count as kicking twice (without someone else touching it), so i'd imagine even if it went in it wouldn't count?

lve never reffed so l dont actually know the rules but once l changed my mind taking a free kick and somehow kicked it twice (l really don't actually know how) and the ref made me take it again. we might have got away with one there.

ooooooh has the tide finally fucking turned.........?

As Marhar says. Law 14 .It is an offence for the penalty taker  to touch the ball again before another player does so. During normal match play , a free kick is awarded to the defending team. In a shootout, no free kick but still an offence. The penalty kick is completed when the offence occurs. 

23 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

As Marhar says. Law 14 .It is an offence for the penalty taker  to touch the ball again before another player does so. During normal match play , a free kick is awarded to the defending team. In a shootout, no free kick but still an offence. The penalty kick is completed when the offence occurs. 

Don't follow. If it's an offence then surely there's a free kick otherwise he could play on and score?

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't follow. If it's an offence then surely there's a free kick otherwise he could play on and score?

In regular play a double-kick would be a freekick to the defending team.  Obviously that can't happen in a shootout, so the ball is ruled dead at the point of the second contact - basically it's a missed penalty. 

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

A few things leap out from the highlights:

1. We still do not work hard enough to close down the opposition.
2. Norman made some important saves and cannot be blamed for either goal.

3. The security staff walking behind the goal when Latics were taking a pen seemed a deliberate ploy to me 🤔

4. Its the middle of the pitch where we should strengthen first.

The bloke blowing the kisses when the equaliser went in is a bit of a ledge..

That strange semi-circle run-up that the Chester player did before Norman's penalty save is a bit of strange one.  There seems to be loads of missed penalties when the player does that.  Surely it takes the momentum out of the kick?

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

thank you 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The bloke blowing the kisses when the equaliser went in is a bit of a ledge..

That strange semi-circle run-up that the Chester player did before Norman's penalty save is a bit of strange one.  There seems to be loads of missed penalties when the player does that.  Surely it takes the momentum out of the kick?

usually a right footed player attempting to go high to the keepers right. usually the takers left arm rise up in the final step.

l like it when they do all that and then open up their foot and roll it keepers left as he launches himself to his right bc he 'read the body language' 🤣

seen Rooney do it and that lrish, long haired, walking yellow card played for wolves whos name escapes me probably until l click send

22 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Just listened to his post match interview. Commented we need 3 to 4 players but sounds like we are struggling to get any quality in. Said Couto played well…

At least we both agreed the Fondop celebration was odd haha. 

Players don't want to drop out of the EFL unless you pay over the top like Wrexham. Probably easier to sign the better players at the level we're at if we can afford them.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That’s what I said as per normal play. 
In a shootout, as soon as the offence occurs, that particular penalty kick is over. 

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Porter showed a bit of experience before taking his when he firmed both sides of the spot where their takers had slipped.  👍

Yes, fair play to Porter, first game since mid-August, came on as a sub, he was under pressure with that spot kick and kept his cool well.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived