MATCH: vs Maidstone United (A) 19/11/22

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, Marco said:

Your other discussion didn’t even name Maidstone United, but we’re excited by the visit of one of the “big” clubs. Especially as we’re in a similar position to yourselves so are hoping for something from this one. When it works, our system is 100% effort and numerous crosses. When it doesn’t it’s pretty awful, but we feel a corner has been turned with injured players returning and a rare win away to Scunthorpe. How many fans do you think you'll bring? The lack of the kind of moaning we had from Southend suggests you haven’t won’t sell out your 500 allocation. See you Saturday.

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Maidstone United (A) 19/11/22
2 hours ago, Bender said:
On 11/16/2022 at 1:14 PM, Marco said:

Your other discussion didn’t even name Maidstone United, but we’re excited by the visit of one of the “big” clubs. Especially as we’re in a similar position to yourselves so are hoping for something from this one. When it works, our system is 100% effort and numerous crosses. When it doesn’t it’s pretty awful, but we feel a corner has been turned with injured players returning and a rare win away to Scunthorpe. How many fans do you think you'll bring? The lack of the kind of moaning we had from Southend suggests you haven’t won’t sell out your 500 allocation. See you Saturday.

Sadly I don’t we will bring many at all, we are at rock bottom tbh with a huge squad of mostly inept players and a manager on a long term contract who looks clueless and plays 6 of 7 at the back home and away

We have barely scraped a win all season and add to that the cost of living situation and I think 200 would be a good turnout which is pretty depressing for a club that traditionally has decent away support

If you lose to us you can be pretty sure you are going down 🤣

To be fair it's 254 miles from Oldham which is a hell of a trek. 

Anyone who travels that distance deserves a medal based on our away form so far.

However I'll be going as it's only 40 miles or so, and I reckon we will pop our cherry and scrape a 1-0 victory hanging on for dear life at the end👍

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

To be fair it's 254 miles from Oldham which is a hell of a trek. 

Anyone who travels that distance deserves a medal based on our away form so far.

However I'll be going as it's only 40 miles or so, and I reckon we will pop our cherry and scrape a 1-0 victory hanging on for dear life at the end👍

My son and his mate are going but I'm not .Hope they win.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Come on Flemboy, not too late to change your mind 🤣

Nah.....I just can't be arsed...like the team.

Fed up of 10 hours travel to watch them lose.I don't mind losing but when they play with no passion or pride then that's not acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Nah.....I just can't be arsed...like the team.

Fed up of 10 hours travel to watch them lose.I don't mind losing but when they play with no passion or pride then that's not acceptable. 

…they should pin your words on the changing room wall…passion, pride and effort is all we really demand of the players

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

…they should pin your words on the changing room wall…passion, pride and effort is all we really demand of the players

And that's a man who normally goes everywhere, fair play to those going, they'll probably sneak a win in front of the smallest Latics following on a Saturday afternoon for some time, away games are so expensive there days particularly if you've got family, another 500 mile round trip today and we are looking for our first away win in 14.

l was all up for Hogan comin back until Clarke arrived, don't fancy them both in the same team, we still got Okagbue?

Norman

Kitchen

Clarke (C) 

Okagbue?

Clarke (needs to sort himself out by now, he isnt actually shit)

Chapman/Sheron

Peck

Rooney

Tollit

Big Mike

Abraham(s)

front foot high press some other buzzwords tackle hard get your elbows out talk talk talk

bench w players like Hope, Hogan, Couto, Vaughan whoever looks like they wana be there (not the bench, the club.)

fuckin maidstone* fuckssake

maidenhead? whoever we playin, don't care stop fuckin about now its grim AF. do that basic shit above with them players and win, its good enough.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l was all up for Hogan comin back until Clarke arrived, don't fancy them both in the same team, we still got Okagbue?

Norman

Kitchen

Clarke (C) 

Okagbue?

Clarke (needs to sort himself out by now, he isnt actually shit)

Chapman/Sheron

Peck

Rooney

Tollit

Big Mike

Abraham(s)

front foot high press some other buzzwords tackle hard get your elbows out talk talk talk

bench w players like Hope, Hogan, Couto, Vaughan whoever looks like they wana be there (not the bench, the club.)

fuckin maidstone* fuckssake

maidenhead? whoever we playin, don't care stop fuckin about now its grim AF. do that basic shit above with them players and win, its good enough.

Some suggestion on Twatter that Hogan wont play on 3g

Though considering he did the pre match interview that's probably bollocks like 90% of that platform 

Archived