MATCH: vs Maidstone United (A) 19/11/22

Just now, League one forever said:

Glad you’ve seen the light. 😉 

Joking aside, at least it’s a point- but he’s got to back it up now. He’s running out of time with every game. 

I try to see the long term and I still want to

But he has 40 players (I use the term loosely) to pick and puts 1 up front against Maidstone, makes no effort to capitalise on our pressure  and its shit 

Its been shit for 30 years

I am sick to fucking death of it being shit, just try to fucking score 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I try to see the long term and I still want to

But he has 40 players (I use the term loosely) to pick and puts 1 up front against Maidstone, makes no effort to capitalise on our pressure  and its shit 

Its been shit for 30 years

I am sick to fucking death of it being shit, just try to fucking score 

Sounded like 3 up mostly

6 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I'll be bold in saying this but from the Radio Kent commentary it seems there may be positives to be taken from this game........

That’s what I took from listening to them. Played 3 up front were positive and created several good chances. 

That sounds like the sort of signs of improvement people were calling for. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Losing the fucking will with this clown, how fucking defensive is that team 12/1 for 0-0 anyone.

👍

Go on then Unsworth bullshit bingo.

You know

Looked comfortable

Solid

Better team

Something to build on

Pies were decent

Two weeks off now 

Flying in training

Couto played well

Working night and day

We're building something 

Performances do matter, when we beat Yeovil everyone was unhappy with the performance because we knew we’d get beaten on another day, and that’s what happened, 4 times!

my first game since Unsworths first game away at Bromley and this was a far different team. First time I’ve seen us dominate a midfield in ages, Peck and Chapman are really exciting to watch. Every player knew their role, Unsworth has even found a way to make Sheron look like a footballer. 

abraham should have scored, more than once, but their keeper did pull off some really good saves.

If this is a sign of what’s to come then Unsworth has made some real progress here. Every player seemed suited to the role they played.

I’ll reserve judgment, for now but that was an enjoyable performance to watch. 

They could not have picked a worse guy to manage the team and capitalise on the wave of optimism. The football is dire, defensive and it’s a struggle to want to go and watch which is sad. A better performance yes, but let’s not forget they are v poor and we fail to score against a team with a -20 goal diff 20 games in. Was it better performance or was the oppo just poor. A missed opportunity for me. They must back it up next week now 

3 minutes ago, philsalt said:

Performances do matter, when we beat Yeovil everyone was unhappy with the performance because we knew we’d get beaten on another day, and that’s what happened, 4 times!

my first game since Unsworths first game away at Bromley and this was a far different team. First time I’ve seen us dominate a midfield in ages, Peck and Chapman are really exciting to watch. Every player knew their role, Unsworth has even found a way to make Sheron look like a footballer. 

abraham should have scored, more than once, but their keeper did pull off some really good saves.

If this is a sign of what’s to come then Unsworth has made some real progress here. Every player seemed suited to the role they played.

To be fair it sounded much better than we've seen in recent weeks.

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

They could not have picked a worse guy to manage the team and capitalise on the wave of optimism. The football is dire, defensive and it’s a struggle to want to go and watch which is sad. A better performance yes, but let’s not forget they are v poor and we fail to score against a team with a -20 goal diff 20 games in. Was it better performance or was the oppo just poor. A missed opportunity for me. They must back it up next week now 

No game next week 

13 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

My son said we were unlucky today and should have won and a much improved team performance .Still at last they showed some pride and passion which should turn into wins....hopefully!!

The fact that you have chosen not to go says everything that needs to be said. Absolutely shambolic this season...

33 minutes ago, philsalt said:

31 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

16 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Fully given up on the prospect of winning a game under this guy tbh

16 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

My son said we were unlucky today and should have won and a much improved team performance .Still at last they showed some pride and passion which should turn into wins....hopefully!!

So many differing takes

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So many differing takes

It's what makes us human and discussions interesting. Regarding the game itself, I rely on the comments from someone who was actually there over my own conclusions, drawn from this board and the piss-boil on Twatter.  I hope the bottom of the curve has been reached and is now flattening out.

Oldham were up for it and looked like you wanted to win. Maidstone were awful and only kept in the game via some excellent goalkeeping. On this showing you’ll finish above us and have enough to avoid relegation. Best of luck and all that.

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's what makes us human and discussions interesting. Regarding the game itself, I rely on the comments from someone who was actually there over my own conclusions, drawn from this board and the piss-boil on Twatter.  I hope the bottom of the curve has been reached and is now flattening out.

Hopefully it has flattened out already and that this is the start of an upward curve!!

53 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Did you go today? I ask because someone else who I know watched the game (post above yours) said they were enjoyable to watch today 🤔

My friend went today and I’ll be honest he’s been scathing about our recent performances.

He said we looked organised and compact but lacked a cutting edge. Should have won, we will if we can get a striker.

Hopefully this 0 0 is our turning point.

Far, far better performance today. We looked organised, committed and should have scored several in the first half.

Their keeper pulled off a brilliant one hand stop to deny Abraham plus several other chances were hit straight at him.

No complaints about the players effort today, it was 100% from every one of them so when DU says he was pleased then for once I will agree with him!

The only thing that let us down today was our lack of end product but I guess if Timmy could finish then he would be Tammy 🤣

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Far, far better performance today. We looked organised, committed and should have scored several in the first half.

Their keeper pulled off a brilliant one hand stop to deny Abraham plus several other chances were hit straight at him.

No complaints about the players effort today, it was 100% from every one of them so when DU says he was pleased then for once I will agree with him!

The only thing that let us down today was our lack of end product but I guess if Timmy could finish then he would be Tammy 🤣

Yes...my son sent me a message saying should have been 3-0 up by half time.

Archived