MATCH: vs Maidstone United (A) 19/11/22

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

No subs used. I reckon there will be a couple more players in by the time the next match comes around and Unsworth will be on his way to replacing practically the whole starting eleven.

I watched the highlights clip, which is nowhere near enough to gauge a performance, only that it looked better than any of the recent highlight clips. Unsworth appeared to be more relaxed and happier with the performance, in his interview.

I am conflicted between wanting another game quickly and having the break to allow Unsworth a little time to get more out of them. I suppose there is no substitute for an actual competitive match but meh, we are now in limbo-land.

Agree it looked much better

I seem to have picked the game we (potentially) turn a corner to question the manager 

His starting line up doesnt appear to be as negative as it first looked

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Brilliant win. Sack him now ffs...

On reflection, sacking him might be a bit strong. But we were playing a side who had won 1 game since August and have shipped 42 goals already this season - we should be coming away from that game with three points...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

On reflection, sacking him might be a bit strong. But we were playing a side who had won 1 game since August and have shipped 42 goals already this season - we should be coming away from that game with three points...

I did think that after my last post...

Looking at the highlights, we've created a bit more which is a positive, but it's still not quite free flowing attacking play.

If Timmy could finish/we had a poacher up front, looks as if that would have been a comfortable win.

Shame we have a break now. I don't think it will do us any good. Could do with Unsworth's new 'settled' side playing together little bit more and getting some of the newer lads more match fitness.

An improved performance. Interestingly, on an artificial pitch but hard to judge if that was an influential factor (i.e. it's just one game). Optimism, however, has to be tempered somewhat as the opposition were dreadfully poor. A month, or so, ago Maidstone were beaten by Needham Market in the FA cup and 7 teams have put 3 or more goals past them, in the league, this season. The fact we haven't scored again is a big concern (not interested in good saves from the keeper etc. - that's to be expected in games). We have descended a long way on the playing front and we are desperately in need of a "vertical take-off". Glad we didn't lose and showed up better but I honestly think Chadderton F.C. might have beaten these yesterday.

10 hours ago, Marco said:

Highlights.

Captures the game perfectly. Maidstone had one chance all game which Norman blocked with his legs.

We should have scored three or four but we didn’t. As I wrote elsewhere, that was the disappointing aspect from yesterday. The encouraging side of things was that, irrespective of the quality of the opposition, we looked a far tighter unit. Everyone played their part.

Yes we should be beating a team who are having as poor a season as we are. However the majority who were there yesterday will have seen some improvement. That’s all.

A long way to go but still progress.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well according to the beeb Hope played left back and Clarke was up front with Chapman which would seem to cast some doubt on its accuracy 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The BBC Sport service for the National League is an absolute piss take….if you’re naming the team at least put the players in an alpha numerical list rather than as a team formation that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!!

I agree, BBC and Sky coverage of the NL is an absolute joke. When I looked earlier this morning, the Sky Sports app was still showing 10 of the 12 NL games as 0-0 at full time, it’s shockingly poor.

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

An improved performance. Interestingly, on an artificial pitch but hard to judge if that was an influential factor (i.e. it's just one game). Optimism, however, has to be tempered somewhat as the opposition were dreadfully poor. A month, or so, ago Maidstone were beaten by Needham Market in the FA cup and 7 teams have put 3 or more goals past them, in the league, this season. The fact we haven't scored again is a big concern (not interested in good saves from the keeper etc. - that's to be expected in games). We have descended a long way on the playing front and we are desperately in need of a "vertical take-off". Glad we didn't lose and showed up better but I honestly think Chadderton F.C. might have beaten these yesterday.

Maybe you should go and speak with Unsworth thatll change your mind. It worked for a while when you met the trust

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I agree, BBC and Sky coverage of the NL is an absolute joke. When I looked earlier this morning, the Sky Sports app was still showing 10 of the 12 NL games as 0-0 at full time, it’s shockingly poor.

I think Magnus Norman was up front for us one week on their site 

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

So was Luetwieler when in reality he was on the bench 

It’s a bit of a joke in the higher leagues too when they update the scores ten minutes too late but National league updates are another level of useless. One game showed us kicking off at the start, next update was half hour later for a corner, then half time…

43 minutes ago, True Tic said:

It’s a bit of a joke in the higher leagues too when they update the scores ten minutes too late but National league updates are another level of useless. One game showed us kicking off at the start, next update was half hour later for a corner, then half time…

Anybody else tried this one will show a live  score update in corner of your screen automatically from 15 mins before kickoff 

national league games https://g.co/kgs/jKXKEs

27 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Unsworth was struggling to contain his delight in that interview. Still calling out 3/4 of the squad by saying it's difficult after what he's "inherited" (a team that were mid-table 8 weeks ago).

There will come a day when it is his team and he'll have to come up with something else, ironically he says that but one of the worst bits of business we have done was signing John Rooney who he didn't trust to put on yesterday and I'd guess is one of our top earners - Unsworth signing.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There will come a day when it is his team and he'll have to come up with something else, ironically he says that but one of the worst bits of business we have done was signing John Rooney who he didn't trust to put on yesterday and I'd guess is one of our top earners - Unsworth signing.

I might be way off the mark here, but I think Rooney will have a role here once the team has a bit more shape to it. He has been playing deeper than Linda Lovelaces throat, further up the pitch with a solid back line behind him I'm sure we will get a much improved John Rooney. 

52 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Unsworth was struggling to contain his delight in that interview. Still calling out 3/4 of the squad by saying it's difficult after what he's "inherited" (a team that were mid-table 8 weeks ago).

How many games had been played ? The table at that point is quite irrelevant. We were clearly only heading in the same direction. The players are dogshit. I think and hope he’ll get it right. His signings on the whole seem a fair bit better than before. Time will tell 

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

…one of the worst bits of business we have done was signing John Rooney who he didn't trust to put on yesterday and I'd guess is one of our top earners - Unsworth signing.

31 minutes ago, disjointed said:

…further up the pitch with a solid back line behind him I'm sure we will get a much improved John Rooney. 

I agree with @disjointed - I would like to see Rooney played much further forward and he could come good 👍 

39 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How many games had been played ? The table at that point is quite irrelevant. We were clearly only heading in the same direction. The players are dogshit. I think and hope he’ll get it right. His signings on the whole seem a fair bit better than before. Time will tell 

We were/are shit. Mid-table shit though. I just think he's massively over-egged the size of the task in hand. 

5 hours ago, True Tic said:

Fotmob app is the one you need

Archived