MATCH: vs Maidstone United (A) 19/11/22

15 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Several weeks back? They'd lost the last four games in a row. A draw was the very least we should've expected today. Just because they played slightly better than they did in the last four doesn't make it acceptable. 

Who is talking about "acceptable"? Nobody as far as I can see. What the fuck do you want because whatever it is, it ain't going to happen overnight, is it? I'm not happy, you're not happy..practically all of us are not happy. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Yeah we'd have definitely lost that game before Unsworth came in, despite having a much better record previously. Why are people talking this shite up?

Talking what shite? Surely a draw with half a dozen newish faces in a game away from BP that we took to the opposition and could/should of won  is an improvement, or are we just at the stage now where we knock everything regardless of what is really happening?.

58 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Christ, imagine the piss-boil on here if Latics had lost...which may have been the outcome several weeks back. I'm not exactly singing on the town hall steps but happy with the encouraging comments by those who actually witnessed the game

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

FFS! Did I even mention the previous manager? I am not "talking this shite up" I am trying...really, really fucking hard...to look for some green shoots of recovery. If you don't want to, then fair enough, but don't you ever fucking well talk-up John Sheridan to me.

It wasn't particularly aimed at you but people saying we would have lost that a few weeks ago is clutching at straws. I'd love some green shoots but really I can't see any and i'm not going to be excited by a nil nil draw against a team with the worst goal difference in the league who haven't won a home game since August

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Talking what shite? Surely a draw with half a dozen newish faces in a game away from BP that we took to the opposition and could/should of won  is an improvement, or are we just at the stage now where we knock everything regardless of what is really happening?.

I have to say it was a must not lose game but anyone who thought we weren't in a relegation scrap surely knows it now. It's not good enough on any level, this was the easiest game we have for a while on paper, if we don't pick up a few wins soon we will be cut adrift. How long are we prepared to wait for Unsworth to come good? People think it's inevitable he will but it's literally blind faith.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

Who is talking about "acceptable"? Nobody as far as I can see. What the fuck do you want because whatever it is, it ain't going to happen overnight, is it? I'm not happy, you're not happy..practically all of us are not happy. 

What do I want? Some wins. We need wins. 

It won't happen overnight. But it's been two and a half months now. And we're being told not to whinge because we only drew against Maidstone after winning one out of the previous 11.

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I just think it’s really hard to judge today. Were we better or was the oppo a drop off in standard. We will see in a fortnight. For me there’s no real positives, they played better, we still didn’t win. When we play a team outside the bottom 4 will that performance win us games 

44 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I have to say it was a must not lose game but anyone who thought we weren't in a relegation scrap surely knows it now. It's not good enough on any level, this was the easiest game we have for a while on paper, if we don't pick up a few wins soon we will be cut adrift. How long are we prepared to wait for Unsworth to come good? People think it's inevitable he will but it's literally blind faith.

Cut adrift? We haven't won for months and we are not cut adrift, lets see how they get on at Solihull in a couple of weeks, I suspect we will be competitive at least, sounds like we at least have a midfield now which is what many of us have been crying out for, that in itself should improve us.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Cut adrift? We haven't won for months and we are not cut adrift, lets see how they get on at Solihull in a couple of weeks, I suspect we will be competitive at least, sounds like we at least have a midfield now which is what many of us have been crying out for, that in itself should improve us.

Hope you are right but yes we could be cut adrift and by that i mean 5 or 6pts from safety which when you can't win a game is big. 3 weeks ago we were above Halifax and people were talking about putting a run together to make top half, we are now 8pts behind Halifax. If you have won 1 in 12 you soon lose touch on teams. Let's stop burying our heads in the sand because we've had a takeover, on the field we are in serious trouble.

PeteG 

Seriously mate, go to bed and sleep off your anger, things really aren’t that bad!

The club was a wreck but is now starting to be rebuilt

The team played much, much better today although Maidstone were poor so I am not assuming this is proof of a total transformation….let’s see how we get on  in the next couple of games but honestly, we are doing what every big league club that comes down to the NL seems to do…finding our feet and giving a new manager a chance to build a winning team

Keep the faith was never more apt

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

Yeah we'd have definitely lost that game before Unsworth came in, despite having a much better record previously. Why are people talking this shite up?

Because some of us are real fans and looking for signs of improvement, maybe?

Some of us aren’t hoping the new owner and manager will fail.

At least from those highlights it looks like we didn’t go to this away game and just try not to lose.  That has to be a good sign along with our first game where we were the better side.

It leaves me wanting the next game to come quick so we can see if we get another good performance with hopefully a chance or 2 taken to give us a win. I’m now used to that feeling recently!

53 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

No subs by us yesterday, is that right? Or is it just poor attention to detail by BBC/Sky!

Well according to the beeb Hope played left back and Clarke was up front with Chapman which would seem to cast some doubt on its accuracy 

5 hours ago, Marco said:

Highlights.

From the highlights looks like a striker low on scoring confidence, hitting it as hard as he can and hoping it goes in rather than picking a spot. Getting in the right places so hopefully can turn a corner.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

No subs by us yesterday, is that right? Or is it just poor attention to detail by BBC/Sky!

I was listening to the official commentary and they made no mention of any subs from us. Of course it wouldn't be the first time that Roy and Co have missed the comings and goings on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Well according to the beeb Hope played left back and Clarke was up front with Chapman which would seem to cast some doubt on its accuracy 

The BBC Sport service for the National League is an absolute piss take….if you’re naming the team at least put the players in an alpha numerical list rather than as a team formation that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!!

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

No subs used. I reckon there will be a couple more players in by the time the next match comes around and Unsworth will be on his way to replacing practically the whole starting eleven.

I watched the highlights clip, which is nowhere near enough to gauge a performance, only that it looked better than any of the recent highlight clips. Unsworth appeared to be more relaxed and happier with the performance, in his interview.

I am conflicted between wanting another game quickly and having the break to allow Unsworth a little time to get more out of them. I suppose there is no substitute for an actual competitive match but meh, we are now in limbo-land.

19 minutes ago, stott182 said:

From the highlights looks like a striker low on scoring confidence, hitting it as hard as he can and hoping it goes in rather than picking a spot. Getting in the right places so hopefully can turn a corner.

I would say a striker low on experience. He did get in among the mix and thwarted by some good save as well. It's possible he will get better and from the little glimpse I saw, he needs someone alongside him.

Archived