Unsworth

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

End of the day Nuttall is the main striker and Fondop is scoring goals, then two are not going to be changing. 

I thought the manager said no one is guaranteed a start. Nuttall needs to prove it IMO. Abraham has performed far better yet is  left on the sidelines.

Chapman is another who lacks drive.

Edited by BP1960

43 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

They certainly don’t complement one another. I may be totally wrong but I can’t  even remember them passing to each other in the whole 90 minutes!

Because they are so similar in style and desire?

Probably a Fondop/Abraham or Nuttall /Reid combo would produce better results. This is where Unsworth is falling down on another level of ineptitude, not bringing Abraham on was indicative of his desire to settle for a draw. I suppose, looking at it broadly, draws away from home are good if the home games produce enough wins, although it will likely never be enough to gain promotion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Give over!!……He went up with their defender who headed it straight to Fondop, it was hardly setting it up!!!😂

Abraham wouldn’t have been able to challenge for that ball. I agree he should have come on, I was calling for it myself. I’m just saying, Nuttall and Fondop won’t be getting dropped anytime soon 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Nuttall and Fondop won’t be getting dropped anytime soon 

We really need a lot more crosses to get the best out of that pairing - long ball and flickons are more suited to Reid or Abraham playing off one of Nuttall or Fondop.

But they were good in training. Unsworth has to go. He's cluless. Any other manager would have brought on Abrahams in the second half today and gone for the win. Instead he was happy with a point against bloody aldershot. Tactically this man is inept. Please Frank,Darren and Joe get us a decent manager.

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Paul mullen on BBC said "we had a game plan" against Sheffield United and we were the better team.When have WE ever had a game plan?

In the away draw yesterday? Or in the comfortable home win against York? Or when we smashed 5 against Dorking? Or when we held a team who had previously bummed us 4-1? There's loads to pick from...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In the away draw yesterday? Or in the comfortable home win against York? Or when we smashed 5 against Dorking? Or when we held a team who had previously bummed us 4-1? There's loads to pick from...

Loads indeed like Southend,Bromley,Woking, Solihul etc away.Hopefully we have now changed course .

Remember the home game against Aldershot when we won it in the 95th minute, with a great slide rule ball to an attacker running behind the defensive line for a 1 v 1 finish? No guarantee that Abraham gets that chance if he plays the last 15 mins yesterday, but there’s always a possibility if he’s actually on the pitch. What on earth did we have to lose by putting him on? It wouldn’t have lessened our chances of a draw. His energy and enthusiasm would have given the team a lift in my opinion, and his closing down from the front unsettles the opposition.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I thought the manager said no one is guaranteed a start. Nuttall needs to prove it IMO. Abraham has performed far better yet is  left on the sidelines.

Chapman is another who lacks drive.

I'm not overly impressed with Nuttall so far but just leave them both in for the rest of the season to hopefully build an understanding.

We've not tried that for years. 

15 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm not overly impressed with Nuttall so far but just leave them both in for the rest of the season to hopefully build an understanding.

If they aren't performing they lose their place, that's how it should be.

Doesn't matter if they cost a big fee or not.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

55 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If they aren't performing they lose their place, that's how it should be.

Doesn't matter if they cost a big fee or not.

Apart from against Notts County, I’ve yet to see him play at the level I expected from him… 🤔

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Apart from against Notts County, I’ve yet to see him play at the level I expected from him… 🤔

Nor another regular Chapman. DU taks about work ethic so lets see it from all the players.

I've got to say with Nuttall you have to wonder what all the fuss was about, I imagine there's a very decent footballer in there but for a player with his obvious athletic ability he packs little punch, expected a little bit more if I'm honest.  I'm not sure Fondop is the obvious foil for him. Hopefully he'll come on with time and will progress with games under his belt for us, like to see him given a run out with both Reid and Abraham at some stage.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've got to say with Nuttall you have to wonder what all the fuss was about, I imagine there's a very decent footballer in there but for a player with his obvious athletic ability he packs little punch, expected a little bit more if I'm honest.  

Why? He was an integral part of Scunthorpe being one of the few teams worse than ours.....