Unsworth

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'm not sure Tuesday is particularly significant.  I think he might be unsackable.

We'll get a stuffy win on Tuesday to paper over the cracks...

Don't think you can start a run of four home games with two defeats, things will just get silly.

The whole thing just seems joyless for everybody at the moment, you can't just let that carry on.

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's going nowhere. Lose the next 10 and it'll make no difference. Agree with your 4-4-2 assessment. Not a long term solution for me, nor is Sheron playing in midfield...

The board must have factored in another potential relegation then. I could cope if we were getting a run of results but this is awful to watch aswell as producing nothing.  

Just now, True Tic said:

The board must have factored in another potential relegation then. I could cope if we were getting a run of results but this is awful to watch aswell as producing nothing.  

No, not at all. It wasn't supposed to be like this - if it was, then they would have been better off sticking with Shez (and I know he was not the long - or even medium term - answer). The quandary they now have is how to get rid of a clearly inept manager without it causing a huge rumpus with the likes of Joe Royle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, True Tic said:

The remit for this season has been to stay in the division. We are not in the bottom 4 and still have multiple games in hand on our rivals...

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

No, not at all. It wasn't supposed to be like this - if it was, then they would have been better off sticking with Shez (and I know he was not the long - or even medium term - answer). The quandary they now have is how to get rid of a clearly inept manager without it causing a huge rumpus with the likes of Joe Royle. 

I wouldn't have thought Mr Rothwell was the kind of astute businessman to keep a manager just to appease Joe Royle. It's his club, he makes the decisions...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The remit for this season has been to stay in the division. We are not in the bottom 4 and still have multiple games in hand on our rivals...

...and I`ve always said we won't get relegated this season, despite DU being manager. The major worry here is that, whatever the medium term ambitions, DU is clearly not the man to take us forward on the playing front. It's a false economy holding onto him as, when they do finally get rid, a new manager will want all his own players again - and the purse has to be opened again. 

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wouldn't have thought Mr Rothwell was the kind of astute businessman to keep a manager just to appease Joe Royle. It's his club, he makes the decisions...

From what I hear from a usually reliable source, FR has entrusted JR fully with "football stuff". The "business stuff" is looked after elsewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I think we have one game in hand over Gateshead, level on points. Two games in hand over the others.  The way we are playing I’ve not much faith in us seizing upon that small advantage. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It would surely already be easy for Mr Rothwell to have a talk with Big Joe along the lines of, “I really have been patient and given DU the chance to turn things round. I think you’ll agree it’s time to make changes.” Surely that would just be agreed.

14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

This simply can not come into it and I doubt Frank is so soft he would allow it.

I love Joe as much as the next fan but his record on managers for us is absolutely abysmal with this one being the worst (and probably most expensive of the lot).

If Joe and even Darren (and I want them both around) turned out to be deal breakers then thanks for the efforts guys but there’s the door for you too 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Surely Joe realises there would be an even bigger rumpus if we went down 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, he was called a fat prick by someone in the Family Stand...

Ok, that’s not acceptable. 

But it’s not the same as get out of our fucking club, or it’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Ditch the 4-4-2, we don't have the personnel for it and get Reid and Rooney into the team FFS.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But 442 is the silver bullet

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Agree with your 4-4-2 assessment

Love this boys. 😂

Prior to yesterday, we lost 1 in 6- and you were all quick to tell us. 

Now we need to ditch the formation that has given him his best run of results. . okaaay. 

You’re as fickle as the rest of us. 😁

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Don't think you can start a run of four home games with two defeats, things will just get silly.

The whole thing just seems joyless for everybody at the moment, you can't just let that carry on.

Stop it Erysey. . 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I thought it was the squad all last week, now it’s ‘joyless’ and it can’t carry on. 

You’re so transparent. 

I got the feeling yesterday that Joe and Darren Royle feel they are untouchable. Joe pretty much scowled at the fans who suggested to him that his pal should be relieved of his duties. Darren and Luke Rothwell stood up at the back didn’t look best pleased either. 
It’s about time the organ grinder stepped up to the plate, and if the lackeys don’t like it, then they can clear off for me too. 

Edited by Dick_Valentine
  • Like 2

He needs to go for it. Instill confidence by encouraging them to attack. For me best side for Tuesday is:

Norman 
Shelton
Yarney
Hogan 
Kitchen
Rooney
Chapman
Sheron
Tollet
Timmy
Nutall 

Yes I've including the god awful Tollet but we've no other options wide unless Hope is back.

16 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I got the feeling yesterday that Joe and Darren Royle feel they are untouchable. Joe pretty much scowled at the fans who suggested to him that his pal should be relieved of his duties. Darren and Luke Rothwell stood up at the back didn’t look best pleased either. 
It’s about time the organ grinder stepped up to the plate, and if the lackeys don’t like it, then they can clear off for me too. 

You’re not the first to post something about Joe reacting like that, somebody else said very similar the other week. 

Doesn’t look like we’ve got anyone on the board who can be objective, and Frank is just deferring to them for their knowledge. 

It’s a big worry. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Stop it Erysey. . 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I thought it was the squad all last week, now it’s ‘joyless’ and it can’t carry on. 

You’re so transparent. 

The manager is no good but he's been let down by the players, my position hasn't changed on that.

A mate of mine was at a family function that was attended by Darren Royle and they had a brief chat re. Latics and the overwhelming feeling he got from it was that Unsworth was going nowhere...

We've since gone on a run of 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat.

Yesterday won't change anything.

5 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Yes I noticed this too, let's face it the Rothwells are not really football people and they probably are relying on the Royles from that perspective but anyone who witnessed that performance yesterday surely knows we've backed a dud.

If they brought a manager onboard in their normal field of work who was so incompetent, disengaged with the customer and lacked so much self awareness then he'd be out the door no questions asked I have no doubt about that whatsoever, Sue and Luke don't come across as fools to me and I just cannot see them continuing to throw good money after bad, even Unsworths signings must now be coming under scrutiny because none have had any real positive impact other than probably Yarney, some cant even catch the bench.

Look at Parkinson at Altrincham and what he has to work with, lost his six top scorers this season yet still puts a team out that not only competed with Wrexham toe to toe but was arguably unlucky to come away with nothing. Same can be said for Milly and Pogs at Halifax who have a fraction of our budget but still manage to put our a team with heart, desire who give everything for the shirt and let's face it they'd not won all year but nobody could of complained if we lost by 3 or 4 yesterday.

This team is a symptom of the manager and nothing else, we keep buying strikers when everyone outside of the boardroom and management team know where the problems lie, team full of square pegs and round holes, team with two or three incompetents who continue to be selected despite fucking the team over week in week out, we are worse of now then when Shez left which is unforgivable really and we will do well just to stay up which is a travesty for the money being pumped in.

I'm sick of hearing this crap about the aim is to stay up - really? If that's the case I'll stay at home and watch it on national league TV if I can be arsed because a minimum for this season should be mid table and to take forward momentum in to next season, if this is the aim crowds will be back down to 3000 before they know it, I for one wont be renewing if this chump is still around churning out his God awful football which doesn't even produce a shot on target against a team who hadn't won in 2023.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The manager is no good but he's been let down by the players, my position hasn't changed on that.

I can’t be arsed finding your multiple posts midweek of, ‘no manager can be expected to do better this squad’ or ‘he needs time’, or ‘no point talking about where we were in September, the squad is still evolving’ 

Your position as always changes on a daily basis. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I can’t be arsed finding your multiple posts midweek of, ‘no manager can be expected to do better this squad’ or ‘he needs time’, or ‘no point talking about where we were in September, the squad is still evolving’ 

It was all Shez fault three month ago, then Norman and now it's the players/Unsworth/players/Unsworth fault.

He'll go against the grain it's what he does.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No manager will do better with this squad, it isn't made of the right stuff. Never said Unsworth himself needs time. There isn't any point comparing previous managers against each other because they are never doing the job in identical circumstances.

Hope that helps.

It looks plain to see that Unsworth’s going nowhere.

Before yesterday I thought very slowly improving, and that this would continue for the rest of the season, and although it wouldn’t be pretty we would finish mid table, well away from danger. The crunch would come in pre season, where we had a Ronnie Moore situation with season ticket sales well down as no one could stand the manager.

After that yesterday I’ve lost hope of mid table mediocrity and I’m dreading next season already.

• Like 2