Unsworth

To be honest, I'm not that arsed about the next manager having experience - we don't want Keith Curle back.

We should just have a proper recruitment process with interviews, with ideas of up and coming managers if that initial process isn't fruitful.  We want the next LJ.

We want someone who is genuinely enthusiastic (and shows it), someone who gets what the fans want and can be successful with those variables.  I don't believe such a person isn't out there - we've just got to look for him this time round!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

To be honest, I'm not that arsed about the next manager having experience - we don't want Keith Curle back.

We should just have a proper recruitment process with interviews, with ideas of up and coming managers if that initial process isn't fruitful.  We want the next LJ.

We want someone who is genuinely enthusiastic (and shows it), someone who gets what the fans want and can be successful with those variables.  I don't believe such a person isn't out there - we've just got to look for him this time round!

I agree a modern thinking young hungry appointment would be my choice. Be that a former player like LJ or someone who has made a career coaching and looking to move up, a Wild type 1st time round. It won't be Wild.

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

I agree a modern thinking young hungry appointment would be my choice. Be that a former player like LJ or someone who has made a career coaching and looking to move up, a Wild type 1st time round. It won't be Wild.

The only reason I'd want Wild here is so we can finally put all this nonsense to bed once and for all...

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

LJ was a former lower and non league player with a good work ethic himself.

You could be right in our next manager being from a similar background.

Edited by BP1960

I reckon Unsworth's future may rest on the early bird season ticket sales.

If I am not mistaken, this buy in period usually ends before the season is over, so I assume the board will take stock at that point in time, by weighing up the cost of sacking Unsworth (and getting some more ST sales with the right appointment) vs. the cost of keeping him and selling less.

I can't really see a sacking before then, and the above scenario is perhaps wishful thinking in itself.

18 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

I reckon Unsworth's future may rest on the early bird season ticket sales.

If I am not mistaken, this buy in period usually ends before the season is over, so I assume the board will take stock at that point in time, by weighing up the cost of sacking Unsworth (and getting some more ST sales with the right appointment) vs. the cost of keeping him and selling less.

I can't really see a sacking before then, and the above scenario is perhaps wishful thinking in itself.

If we are still in danger by the middle of March that would be the time…..Pointless sacking him any later as it would almost certainly be too late for a new manager to be given the time to have a chance of keeping us up!

I think the minimum requirement should be 3 points from the next two games.

It’s fucking depressing that we

are again discussing the possibility of replacing yet another failed manager and one that has had his every wish granted!

When is this nightmare going to end!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I know 1-2 have also mentioned him, but Greening has done an excellent job at Scarborough. He won promotion and had a third place finish. They're fifth in the National League North, so we'd need to get a move on, or we might be passing each other at the end of the season. 

Yeah, I think someone like this or Mike Williamson at Gateshead (really liked the look of Gateshead when I've seen them) would be a good, ambitious appointment. It would be a considered move too, rather than the last 5 years of drawing names out of a hat

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah, I think someone like this or Mike Williamson at Gateshead (really liked the look of Gateshead when I've seen them) would be a good, ambitious appointment. It would be a considered move too, rather than the last 5 years of drawing names out of a hat

Will they get the time from an impatient fanbase though?

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Keep seeing those two names mentioned, big ask coming from low expectation, low pressure environments into the complete opposite.

Every manager has to make that step at some point if they're ambitious. They might even thrive with the better resources etc. Williamson can't even name a full bench at Gateshead. 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Promotion innit with this 'big budget' we've got?

Certainly what we should be aiming for next season.

Not this season, though.  Hardly anyone said this season.  Just stability and signs of optimism this season.

Ain't happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Not a chance...

Not unless he lets the fans pick the formation, the style of football and what direction every pass is to go.

Moot point anyway cos Unsworth's going nowhere.

48 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Not a chance...

Not unless he lets the fans pick the formation, the style of football and what direction every pass is to go.

It's not so much about the direction of a pass as the ability to simply find your own team mate with a pass.

I think we're entitled to criticise a formation that looks like 8-2-0, with several variations as we go through each game.

Style of football - I'm not sure we have an identifiable style. 

Sadly, I agree.

59 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Not a chance...

If results and performances don't improve fans will turn on the Royle's to resign,

What will they do then?

Edited by BP1960

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If results and performances don't improve fans will turn on the Royle's to resign,

What will they do then?

Do you really think that will happen or are you just fishing?

They are hardly the Glazer's and they have saved the club despite the current on pitch performances.

You know that most of the anger is rightly directed at the manager and will continue to be so unless results improve.