Unsworth

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Right. Not sure you get what I mean. I said limited in who. Not limited in number. Easier to sign better players you want at the end of the season rather than mid season. Sure, you can sign some but not got your pick like you do in the summer. Sure they've got people they wanted lined up

Green

Rooney

Reid

Nutall

Kitching 

Yarney

improve us on paper - which bring us back to the manager issue 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 6:08 AM, disjointed said:

Football isn't played on paper. 

I disagree. I played dice football for years. I would write down the fixtures and results of every game that I played. I would roll a dice for the results for all games.

The caveat was two dice. One had 3 sixes and 3 fives ( the blue dice) and the opposition was a regular dice.

We were better than Citeh could ever dream of being.

22 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I disagree. I played dice football for years. I would write down the fixtures and results of every game that I played. I would roll a dice for the results for all games.

The caveat was two dice. One had 3 sixes and 3 fives ( the blue dice) and the opposition was a regular dice.

We were better than Citeh could ever dream of being.

Did you have to go to Aussie to get treatment? 😀

5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Did you have to go to Aussie to get treatment? 😀

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

No, to avoid it.

No, I patented the term weighted dice and made my millions in Vegas.

Then lost it all in the same night.

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He got us out the division 

because of Abdallah's interfering. 

Just goes to show - a decent manager can't operate with bad owners but a not very good manager seems to be able to operate with good owners. Only Wrexham and Notts County have picked up more points than us in 2023!

Edited by JoeP

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Just goes to show - a decent manager can't operate with bad owners but a not very good manager seems to be able to operate with good owners. Only Wrexham and Notts County have picked up more points than us in 2023!

The mighty Borehamwood also 👍

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

and Boreham Wood

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Have we had the 4th best squad in the league since the turn of the year?

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

no, just the 4th best manager. next season we flyyyyyy 📈

If we haven't got the 4th best squad but we have got the 4th best results then logic suggest that we must have, at least, the 3rd best manager.  No?  Or an easy run of fixtures...! :)

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 1

If we sign a load of new players in the summer and get promoted next season I wouldn't be surprised to see comments along the line of "anyone could have got us promoted with that budget and with the standard of teams in the league". Without a hint of irony.

• Like 8