Loan Watch

Jake Forshaw joins Ossett United on loan for the rest of the season. Apparently they've just sold a striker to FC United so he may get a fair bit of game time. 

Has anyone seen him in any of his other loan spells this season? Record was pretty unreal in the yoofs!

1 hour ago, Gentleman said:

Jake Forshaw joins Ossett United on loan for the rest of the season. Apparently they've just sold a striker to FC United so he may get a fair bit of game time. 

Has anyone seen him in any of his other loan spells this season? Record was pretty unreal in the yoofs!

yeah hes looked like a kid playin mens Football every time lve seen him. which is the whole point l suppose! 

Just now, Monty Burns said:

yeah hes looked like a kid playin mens Football every time lve seen him. which is the whole point l suppose! 

I will forever remain convinced that the only reason he was given a contract is cos fans were nagging Unsworth about it at a fans forum at the back end of the season...

Ben Tollitt on the scoresheet at Chester. I think he'll do well at that level but I don't ever see him having a future at NL level. Good for him to want to get out playing though, rather than choose to sit and pick up a handsome wage doing nothing a la Reid and Shelton.

Nuttall and Willoughby seem to be restricted to cameos at the end of their team's matches.

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Ben Tollitt on the scoresheet at Chester. I think he'll do well at that level but I don't ever see him having a future at NL level. Good for him to want to get out playing though, rather than choose to sit and pick up a handsome wage doing nothing a la Reid and Shelton.

Nuttall and Willoughby seem to be restricted to cameos at the end of their team's matches.

Have Reid and Shelton chosen that option? Did they have options?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Have Reid and Shelton chosen that option? Did they have options?

They were told to get another club months ago. Of course, they're on more wages than what potential suitors would value them at but there's always a choice and negotiation to be done to ensure they get back in the shop window.

Shelton's time here has been an unmitigated disaster. You'd expect he'd be doing anything to get out of here and to new surroundings, no?

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They were told to get another club months ago. Of course, they're on more wages than what potential suitors would value them at but there's always a choice and negotiation to be done to ensure they get back in the shop window.

Shelton's time here has been an unmitigated disaster. You'd expect he'd be doing anything to get out of here and to new surroundings, no?

Don't disagree. Just wondering if they'd turned down any actual offers.

19 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Chester are well impressed with Tollitt, 

these were comments made on their forum prior to his goal yesterday……….

Ben Tolliitt an absolute baller. He was probably in gear two but made everything look easy. The ability to get a half yard and find a pass or get a shot in goal incredible. Get him fully up to speed with the right players around him that ended the game he will be a massive coup.

What a player Tollitt is. He gives us that little bit of class, creativity and guile, in the final third.

The big difference with Tollitt was that he was happy to shoot on sight. I think in the past we have been a bit guilty of trying to walk the ball in, hopefully this rubs off on others.

Tollitt looks a real player at this level which makes sense as he was class in both the Oldham games last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

Tollitt looks a real player at this level which makes sense as he was class in both the Oldham games last year.

Their version of 'class' differs from mine, clearly! Good to see he's making an impact. Hopefully they'll take him off our hands in the summer.

Tollitt does have ability but in some games he's a passenger, doesn't strike me as a MM type player, he'd be a good option from the bench but I suspect he just wants to play and I respect him for that.

As for Reid, I can't see him being involved again, we had four outfield players on the bench yesterday, all defenders/midfielders and if he was going to be reintroduced that was probably the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Their version of 'class' differs from mine, clearly! Good to see he's making an impact. Hopefully they'll take him off our hands in the summer.

He was good for us early doors and scored a few worldies but struggled with the more essential elements of football.

If he addressed his shortcomings he could definitely play in the EFL.

• Like 1

Just now, oafc1955 said:

He was good for us early doors and scored a few worldies but struggled with the more essential elements of football.

Entirely agree mate. I watched him closely in matches during the early part of DU's tenure. He simply can't defend or work out who to mark. It's basics which L1 and L2 players require. I can't question his ability to pull a rabbit out of the bag with a superb solo effort, but MM's definitely holds a huge emphasis on players who roll their sleeves up to do the dirty work. It explains why more luxury players such as Tollitt, Reid, Shelton and Nuttall simply don't fit his style. All of which don't offer anything defensively.

53 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps comparable to Keillor Dunn when he was with us in occasional worldies but lack of overall effectiveness?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tollitt, Reid, Shelton and Nuttall simply don't fit his style. All of which don't offer anything defensively.

So when you’ve got all four in the side you’re in deep shit!!😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So when you’ve got all four in the side you’re in deep shit!!😂

It does explain a lot. Under Unsworth we had too many hit and miss players and we had a hit and miss manager. All capable of a good game but as equally capable of a bad one. 

Mellon is a proven manager who has had many more good games than bad and he’s signing the sort of player that can perform better and more consistently too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think his contract is up in the summer  isn’t it?

I don't think those Chester comments will be different to many on here in the early part of last season. He scored 7 by mid-December. I'm assuming he was top scorer at that point and I think until yesterday Norwood was the only one to get to that marker this season.

Shame it hasn't worked out but good luck to the guy.

• Like 1