Loan Watch

4 minutes in Vaughan draws a free kick right of the area, from the free kick Adams swings in a lovely cross powered home by with a bullet header. 1-0 Boro.

Vaughan through on goal after 5 minutes, shot blocked, started brightly playing in behind two strikers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Nice and sunny here at Stainton Park to check out how the prodigal son Harry Vaughan gets on for Boro against FC United, wonder if rhino has bothered to make the trip?

Hopefully not , he should be looking at prospective new recruits.

Not a great game, Radcliffe playing up the slope 1-0 up at half time, Vaughan not done much on the ball but he's worked hard closing the opposition down, best player on the pitch is Connor O'Brien who I've had to Google, playing right side of the two centre halves he's on loan from Accrington and listed as a left back, looks more of a right back to me and would be a massive upgrade on what we have despite being only 17, hoping Vaughan gets on the ball more this half playing with the slope.

Finished 1-0 poor game really played on a potato patch, Vaughan did better second half but still in and out of the game, O'Brien wasn't great second half and I was disappointed with Linney and the young lad from Wigan although they lacked any real service.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Have you seen much of him BP? Came on in the B team game I saw against Barrow and he did ok to be fair.

Nobody will ever be able to convince me this wasn't John Sheridan doing a favour for his mate. On a two year deal as well...

Edited by Lee Sinnott
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Have you seen much of him BP? Came on in the B team game I saw against Barrow and he did ok to be fair.

Have seen him, but also seen a non league player in Wales I prefer, unfortunately injured when due to be followed up.

CAN WE PLEASE GET JOSE BAXTER INTERESTED IN PLAYING AGAIN!!!!

He would be sensational for us in this league…….

We have a coaching staff who will all know him extremely well and next month is still only 31…..if we could get him fit he would probably get us promoted on his own……we need a talisman and next season Jose could be that man!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Mossley beat Hanley Town 2-1. Edwards didn't do a lot but showed a  decent first touch and some nice passes one of which made the first goal. He played up front but isn't the biggest and got knocked about a bit. Subbed after 70. Mason Fawns also played and looked good. Best player was left winger Jack Bannister.  26 and not played above this level previously.  Ryan Shotton ex Middlesbrough and Derby player/manager for Hanley. 

• Like 1