MATCH: FC Halifax Town (H) 04/02/23

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Can we not accommodate Rooney in a 4-4-1-1, perhaps rest Nuttall, I don't think Nuttall and Fo dop works too well. Mind you I'm just an interested Supporter, never been a master technician. 

Yeah I’ve thought similar. I think he’s played most of his career as an attacking mid/deep lying forward? 

He could play behind Nuttall and be there for all knocks downs. He’s scored a load goals in his career and not had a run of games in best position yet. . . 

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Can we not accommodate Rooney in a 4-4-1-1, perhaps rest Nuttall, I don't think Nuttall and Fo dop works too well. Mind you I'm just an interested Supporter, never been a master technician. 

We've only just persuaded Unsworth into playing 2 upfront, not the time to ditch it now.

Norman

Varney

Peter Clarke 

Hogan

Kitching

Sheron

Shelton

Tollit 

Rooney

Reid or Abraham

Nuttall or Fondop

No one out of position. But needs everyone playing further up the pitch so main striker isn’t isolated.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Rest our best striker?

3 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I really don't understand all the love for Nuttall. He must have done something in the games while I was looking away. 

We have a really decent strike force in Fondop, Nuttall, Reid and Abraham. If only Unsworth could chance upon the right combo and Fondop's eye for goal could be applied to the other three. I have no fucking idea what their strengths are but whatever they are, they need playing to.

Over to you, once again, Mr. Unsworth.

7 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I really don't understand all the love for Nuttall. He must have done something in the games while I was looking away. 

Hes a good player he will do well for us I'm not seeing much love for him if anything he's probably underrated. I don't think him and Fondop are a natrual partnership I think one of them plus either Reid or Abraham who will run the channels will probably be better. At the moment I would probably go with Fondop(who is scoring goals so we shouldn't entertain dropping) and Abraham.

For the first time in a long time I'm genuinely happy with the Forward options we have at the club Fondop Nuttall Abraham and Reid are all capable of scoring aslong as we get the service to them.

27 minutes ago, Wardie said:

We have a really decent strike force in Fondop, Nuttall, Reid and Abraham. If only Unsworth could chance upon the right combo and Fondop's eye for goal could be applied to the other three. I have no fucking idea what their strengths are but whatever they are, they need playing to.

Over to you, once again, Mr. Unsworth.

It's awful were averaging 3 goals a game over our last 6 league games since Nuttall signed...

1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Rest our best striker?

You didn't read my post properly, I said perhaps. It could have been Fondop, I haven't seen anything in Nuttall that suggests he is our best striker, obviously you see it different. It would be great to see Nuttall start hitting the net, but for me I think we could get more from the team if we played one of Fondop or Nuttall with a.n.other. 

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Yarney

Hogan

Clarke

Kitching

Sheron

Chapman

Shelton

Rooney

Fondop

Nuttall

Hopefully Reid and Abraham on bench with Tollitt, Sutton and a keeper.

Can't ever have the two old men together at centre half. We've moved on (and up the pitch) hopefully.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Stop talking shite, you probably said the same last time Clarke went, he's not come in to sit on the bench.

Language.

I didn't say that last time, he left in the summerof 2019 ffs.. He's physically deteriorated quite a bit since then. His lack of pace isn't as obvious when in 2019 he was playing next to Edmondson.

It's 2023, he's slower and weaker. He's also playing next to a slow non league centre half. It's noticeable he's nowhere near the level he was. He may still be better than Hogan, one or the other for me.

20 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

From recollection the last league home meeting of the two sides was early in 1974. It was part of the run of 10 wins, I think, that took us to the Third division title. We made hard work of a 3-2 victory and the crowd was swelled by the distribution of tokens to purchase tickets for the FA cup tie vs Burnley, then a leading first Division team, the week after.

That game was all over after 5 minutes. Leighton James skinned Ian Wood twice and provided perfect crosses. We lost 4-1.

Prior to the game the Chaddy End invited the massed Burnley fans in the Rochdale Road End to ' Come and Have a Go if You Think You're Hard Enough.'

In short, they did and came straight across the pitch in their hundreds. The Chaddy End was vacated very quickly.

Remember the Burnley match well 😀😀😀😀.

Also think I remember Chesterfield ending the winning run at Saltergate.

I've seen Nuttall have one bad game at home (FA Trophy when none of them could be arsed) but apart from that he has been an effective target man for our don't pass it out at the back because you will lose the ball in our own half game which coincidentally Everton will now adopt.

Anyone who suggests we should play anything other than 4 4 2 when Clarke and Hogan both play is barking mad.  We might one day play 4 3 3 but not with this squad.  Dear David, the resurrected one, will one day go back to 3 at the back but again not with this squad I hope.

4 4 2 and 10 points from 12 is achievable and then we can sort of relax.

Archived