MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 11/03/23

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had snow down here for a day but now completely gone and it’s 10 degrees! Some rain yesterday but not much expected today or tomorrow so assuming their pitch was ok to begin with then hopefully should be fine

I see the club has once again cancelled the supporters coach; I think they have totally fecked this up….threatening to cancel if not enough bookings so they lose trust in the service and everyone makes alternative arrangements so it become a self fulfilling prophecy and they don’t get enough bookings!

Surely the club and supporters groups should work more closely together next season as this is really tinpot….and one final gripe, the OAFCtickets # on Twitter started off well but then basically stopped at the Chesterfield and Gateshead games and has barely been updated since!

I know these seem like small things but the players always say that support does help them and I think we should be doing everything we can to maximise our away support, especially given how good it can be

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We had snow down here for a day but now completely gone and it’s 10 degrees! Some rain yesterday but not much expected today or tomorrow so assuming their pitch was ok to begin with then hopefully should be fine

I see the club has once again cancelled the supporters coach; I think they have totally fecked this up….threatening to cancel if not enough bookings so they lose trust in the service and everyone makes alternative arrangements so it become a self fulfilling prophecy and they don’t get enough bookings!

Surely the club and supporters groups should work more closely together next season as this is really tinpot….and one final gripe, the OAFCtickets # on Twitter started off well but then basically stopped at the Chesterfield and Gateshead games and has barely been updated since!

I know these seem like small things but the players always say that support does help them and I think we should be doing everything we can to maximise our away support, especially given how good it can be

Agree with your post 👍re travel.

The club, the Trust and the Fan Council ( if they are still out there ) definitely need to get their act together next season. I’ve been lucky enough to get to every away match I wanted to by train, official coach or car, not everyone has been able to. The more fans that can get to matches makes it better for the team with the fans getting behind them. A few of us on the train tomorrow which is a dear do and not everyone can afford it. The ticket situation also needs to be addressed as well. According to Wrexham they’ve sold all their tickets for the match against us, no word on from our ticket office yet.

Isn't one of the possible issues with the coach travel the fact that some supporters organise their own coaches/minibuses, presumably so they can drink on them?  Not sure how that gets resolved really.

Long way for many tomorrow. Not too bad for us southern based supporters. Kudos to all who will be making the longer trip 👍

Hopefully we’ll have 300 - 400 there. That should generate a lot of noise in the stand behind the goal.

There is a bar at the ground or at the Concorde club (along with £5 parking) - but I reckon I’ll try the Cricketers Arms which is about a twenty minute walk.

Recent form suggests that we should be competitive tomorrow. Fully expect Nuttall to continue up top but it will be interesting to see if Unsworth sticks with the three centre backs.

Whatever the starting eleven, let’s get behind the lads for the full 90 minutes 😃

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Long way for many tomorrow. Not too bad for us southern based supporters. Kudos to all who will be making the longer trip 👍

Hopefully we’ll have 300 - 400 there. That should generate a lot of noise in the stand behind the goal.

There is a bar at the ground or at the Concorde club (along with £5 parking) - but I reckon I’ll try the Cricketers Arms which is about a twenty minute walk.

Recent form suggests that we should be competitive tomorrow. Fully expect Nuttall to continue up top but it will be interesting to see if Unsworth sticks with the three centre backs.

Whatever the starting eleven, let’s get behind the lads for the full 90 minutes 😃

Will be in the Wetherspoons and then we’ll give the Cricketers a try 🍺👍

Hogan talking about teams like Eastleigh “playing the percentages game and getting the ball forward early”

TheBigDog talking about teams like Eastleigh “playing hoofball and lumping it up the pitch”

5 at the back boys?

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Hogan talking about teams like Eastleigh “playing the percentages game and getting the ball forward early”

TheBigDog talking about teams like Eastleigh “playing hoofball and lumping it up the pitch”

5 at the back boys?

Which is fine for Clarke, Hogan, Yarney, with Kitching on the left, this isn't a criticism of Sutton but was like a fish out of water at times on Tuesday. Jordan Clarke would have been slaughtered on social media if that was him. Possibly play Green there. Playing a back 4 with Sutton or Yarney at right back makes sense as I don't think Yarney could play the rwb role. 

Enjoy the game today I assume you will be there. 

33 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Which is fine for Clarke, Hogan, Yarney, with Kitching on the left, this isn't a criticism of Sutton but was like a fish out of water at times on Tuesday. Jordan Clarke would have been slaughtered on social media if that was him. Possibly play Green there. Playing a back 4 with Sutton or Yarney at right back makes sense as I don't think Yarney could play the rwb role. 

Enjoy the game today I assume you will be there. 

Sutton was torrid at wing back, but I did feel for him as he's never seen being a wing back. In fact I'm not convinced he can even play full back. Don't know if Eastleigh have anyone up front who runs at defences. If they do, I'd be worried about having both Clarke and Hogan at the back. If they're just carthorses like Woking were, then Clarke and Hogan will be absolutely fine...

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Sutton was torrid at wing back, but I did feel for him as he's never seen being a wing back. In fact I'm not convinced he can even play full back. Don't know if Eastleigh have anyone up front who runs at defences. If they do, I'd be worried about having both Clarke and Hogan at the back. If they're just carthorses like Woking were, then Clarke and Hogan will be absolutely fine...

There is a very promising player in Sutton but he is still pretty raw 

I watched him closely at Barnet as I used to play full back and it’s fascinating to watch how a Pro does it…..Will works his socks off and tries to get things going forward but there seemed to be a lack of communication between him and Yarney who seemed more concerned with what was happening to his left and in the centre of defence which meant Will sometimes looked a bit lost and not sure how to cover the space down the channel.

Green did a great job helping him out and in the end the good far outweighed the bad and we fully deserved the win

I hope he gets the coaching he needs and guidance from older Pros…..he really could be our next Tarky

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He has been a useful 'stop gap' full back, I don't think anyone can criticise the effort he puts in, feel sorry for the lad being asked to play as a wing back. If you have players it makes sense to play them in there best positions (see Rooney and Sheron). 

Said it so many times but if you play with wing backs, the quality of the wing backs is essential to the team and have to be a certain quality. Kitching can play the position effectively, but asking Sutton who is a centre back to play wing back is beyond ridiculous and if we lost that game it deservedly would have been pointed out and DU criticised.

Id hope to see 4 at the back today with Green back into the team. 

Archived