MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 11/03/23

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I do want to win the league in a canter, everyone should. I don’t have any expectations that it will happen or believe we have a divine right to do so though.

The entitlement is real, comes from the section of fans who exist in the 'never our fault' bubble.

Come on Eyresey, every club has the same, we are no different to the rest of them. Go on any other clubs forums and you will see no difference. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I do want to win the league in a canter, everyone should. I don’t have any expectations that it will happen or believe we have a divine right to do so though.

The entitlement is real, comes from the section of fans who exist in the 'never our fault' bubble.

You can only want to win the league at a canter, if on some level - you think it’s possible. So to even write the sentence means you have some expectation it could happen. . Otherwise it just sounds like disingenuous nonsense. 👀😁

I’ve no idea what the second paragraph means- I think it’s one of those you’ve made up in your head again. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You can only want to win the league at a canter, if on some level - you think it’s possible. So to even write the sentence means you have some expectation it could happen. . Otherwise it just sounds like disingenuous nonsense. 👀😁

I’ve no idea what the second paragraph means- I think it’s one of those you’ve made up in your head again. 

I mean I want to take Cameron Diaz out for a lamb dinner but I have no expectation it is going to happen...

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I mean I want to take Cameron Diaz out for a lamb dinner but I have no expectation it is going to happen...

Exactamundo. 

So let’s not say silly things if there’s no realistic chance of it happening. 

Unless. . you do think it could happen- which brings expectation. .

7 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Him and me both

Lol - it ended a few weeks ago for me. Can't stomach the shite the ex Everton mob have imposed on us. It's dreadful to watch and I have better things to do with my precious cash nowadays. Sad... but so true.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

On a Monday - he means that some fans still think we’re massive and should walk this league. 

On a Tuesday. - He claims he wants to the win the league ‘at a canter’ next season. 

He offers nothing sensible, but if you treat him as a parody account- you can a have laugh with him. 

Wait, he isn't a parody account?

13 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Not with that attitude it won't!

This is the problem with our fanbase, a distinct lack of ambition.

At my age my ambition would be to take Joan Collins out.

I thought we did ok. It was similar stuff to the other games recently. All of them games of "fine margins".  Whenever we play 3 at the back the general call is that we're being negative but I'd love to see a heat map of Kitching and Sutton's positions as I thought they spent most of their time in the opposition half.

I thought we were generally the better team and didn't think we'd end up losing. The one thing that surprised me was the lack of changes. Unsworth has not been afraid to change formations and make substitutions recently and I thought it was an obvious change to take off a CB and go to 4 at the back. And also that Fondop was goosed quite early on.  I was expecting him to take Clarke off and go 442 with Green on the right and bring Abraham on for Fondop to add more pace throughout. I thought he might even do it at half time.

I can see the logic with how we normally use Nuttall and Fondop. Nuttall doesn't really seem to tire, he tends to have a fairly consistent performance for the whole 90 mins whereas Fondop is a much more explosive player better suited at the moment to coming on and terrorising tired defences.

17 hours ago, deyres42 said:

If you did you wouldn’t get beyond the menu. You’d disagree with everything she ordered - especially if it wasn’t lamb. 

47 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That’s because he does bugger all on the pitch! Possibly…

Watched the full game replay, Nuttall just doesn't relish physical contact, hardly the work ethic and battering ram DU describes.

Baffles me why he was signed for such a big fee,or in fact any fee at all.

Also take away penalties and his goalscoring record is poor. 

4 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

To judge anyone from a camera angle is very unsound. 

Judged him ever since he came, he's never changed. Be good if you could offer an opinion on his performances though.

On 3/12/2023 at 4:32 PM, Wardie said:

Twatter is a poisonous bag of vitriol, WUMs and trolls, many of whom have no affinity with Latics whatsoever. Unfortunately, because Latics are now non-league and the BBC isn't interested anymore, Twatter is the quickest way to keep tags with the match. Unless I torture myself by attempting to watch it.

bbc online regularly feature us for live commentary listened to last two games on bbc sport app might be visitors/away commentry team find most are very fair to be honest apart from the biased clowns from bbc nottingham  they were just a joke 

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

bbc online regularly feature us for live commentary listened to last two games on bbc sport app might be visitors/away commentry team find most are very fair to be honest apart from the biased clowns from bbc nottingham  they were just a joke 

I cannot listen to football commentary on it's own or any sports commentary without a visual. It's probably just me being a nob. :D 

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Why? I’m not a great pontificator on someone who I’ve only seen in actual games a few times ( unable to drive to get to Latics for several weeks) . 
And I certainly wouldn’t use tv as a substitute. 

Well I've seen him a lot live and on TV so definitely have an opinion.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived