MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 11/03/23

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negative football, got to be better options at right wing back than Sutton, dont blame the lad tho manager at fault for that.

Forwards offer nothing, Fondop & Nuttall together a big no, one or the other with pace up with them.

Fondop better off the bench imo.

Midfield lacks any real forward thinking players.

Dissapointing to watch, would like to think the manager could see changes were needed earlier if he wanted any chance of winning that.

Away commentators always see more than our manager seems too.

Just now, Wardie said:

Not sure what is going to be required to stay away from relegation but there are still thirty points to play for. Did he go five at the back again today?

I reckon we could not get another point and be safe.  No danger whatsoever

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

It wasn’t a bad day at the office. We were fantastic until they scored. Unfortunately, the goal killed us.

Sorry mate but we were not fantastic in any way at all.

Both teams were dreadful but one was not as dreadful as the other.

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

It wasn’t a bad day at the office. We were fantastic until they scored. Unfortunately, the goal killed us.

Thats how it sounded on bbc solent even game first half shading second then bang a well worked goal did for us 

2 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I think that's tongue in cheek spoof on DU.

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

...Away commentators always see more than our manager seems too.

It would seem everyone does. I will be glad when this season is done and dusted and hopefully the rhetoric about next season is not just more bluff and bluster.

8 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It would seem everyone does. I will be glad when this season is done and dusted and hopefully the rhetoric about next season is not just more bluff and bluster.

The origional plan was to get this season over and then build, I still see nothing in DU to suggest he is tactically aware enough to mount a promotion charge next season.

Budget and recruitment will be vital but is DU the right man for the job ?

Guess we have to trust the board.

38 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Not sure what is going to be required to stay away from relegation but there are still thirty points to play for. Did he go five at the back again today?

Aye 5 at the back,  young Sutton looked completely lost. Midfield non existent again. And the two up drop awful. Eastleigh were mince but we were feckin dreadful. 

Toothless with a Fondop/Nuttall front two, they wouldn't of scored if we were still playing now, Unsworth doing his best to fucking ruin Sutton as well the clown, looks fucking awful as a wing back, wasn't a great right back tbh but playing the kid ahead of Yarney in an unfamiliar role is almost criminal. 

Pace behind beats Eastleigh,so Unsworth goes there with two plodding donkies up front and brings Green on with about 10 minutes left, fucking clueless.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Toothless with a Fondop/Nuttall front two, they wouldn't of scored if we were still playing now, Unsworth doing his best to fucking ruin Sutton as well the clown, looks fucking awful as a wing back, wasn't a great right back tbh but playing the kid ahead of Yarney in an unfamiliar role is almost criminal. 

Pace behind beats Eastleigh,so Unsworth goes there with two plodding donkies up front and brings Green on with about 10 minutes left, fucking clueless.

Spot on 

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That about sums it up.

Well that was classic Unsworth and I’m sick of it. Nearly 450 Latics fans who just wanted us to try and win a game instead of setting up for a 0-0 and hoping to nick something from a corner against Eastleigh, fuckin Eastleigh!!!!!!!!

It is soul destroying to watch his turgid overly cautious approach every week…when he did surprise us all and went for it at Barnet we won easily but here we are once again back to this Premier League academy crap

I really tried to get behind him but it’s pointless, he is the wrong man for the job and will waste the opportunity that FR and his money is bringing us

He will no doubt tell us what a great performance that was against playoff contenders but we could still be playing now and we still wouldn’t have had a shot on target.

Its crap and he needs to be replaced with a manager that wants to try and win every game in this pub league next season which it really will be without Hollywood FC and Notts

That said, I realise he is going nowhere so ranting is pointless but I am dreading next season already

Reid out with his hamstring, having a scan on Monday. Unsworth saying we have a "base" to build on, he will bring in "quality" during the summer and pre-season is going to be "massive" and "the players won't enjoy it".

Cautious optimism recently - you can't argue with the results during the "run".

It's peak Unsworth, though. For every decent result, there's always going to be a shit one or two round the corner. 

Not sustainable and won't every win us promotion!

Archived