Fans forum.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/2/2023 at 12:43 PM, PeteG said:

1. The issue of Brass Bank has not been sorted, they are still the landlords albeit with new owners. The club has no assets but now a debt of 5.1 million which it didn't have this time last week. I'm well aware the levels of investment required but that is down to the owner and as for the podcast they were definitely saying it was down to the previous owner to fund the club and were not worried about the consequences when calling fans to boycott the club.

:lol:

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You remember everyone slated Rooney at first?

People said Rooney looked disinterested. I wasn't one of those, but he did. He's done alright in 5 out of the last 10 games, but I wouldn't be offering him the freedom of the Borough just yet...

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

People said Rooney looked disinterested. I wasn't one of those, but he did. He's done alright in 5 out of the last 10 games, but I wouldn't be offering him the freedom of the Borough just yet...

Same for too many of our squad. 

Far too many inconsistant performances for my liking and needs a clear out in the close season .Pity we can't dump El Supremo.

On 4/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Much like Shelton, they come here with a great track record and POTY awards from previous clubs.  

Hartlepool were raving about Shelton being the engine up and down the pitch and chipping in with goals.  Rooney the catalyst in many a NL team with two league POTY awards.

Why is Oldham the graveyard for these players?  Is it the fan pressure or Du tactics, formations etc stifling both?  

Question is who are the 9 quality players coming in next season?  We need an immense midfield with wingers or wingbacks to compliment Nuttall and Reid up front… or even another striker who’s on fire.  Will be interesting come August and we kick our first ball in anger….

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Much like Shelton, they come here with a great track record and POTY awards from previous clubs.  

Hartlepool were raving about Shelton being the engine up and down the pitch and chipping in with goals.  Rooney the catalyst in many a NL team with two league POTY awards.

Why is Oldham the graveyard for these players?  Is it the fan pressure or Du tactics, formations etc stifling both?  

Question is who are the 9 quality players coming in next season?  We need an immense midfield with wingers or wingbacks to compliment Nuttall and Reid up front… or even another striker who’s on fire.  Will be interesting come August and we kick our first ball in anger….

l think that if you think Rooney is dead youve formed an early opinion of him which is incorrect and counter to evidence, in the classic Latics fan stylee

11 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Possibly because the team around them has changed, hence they become less effective. I know, it's a piss weak argument at best as this law never seems to apply to other players moving to other teams. 

Archived