Fans forum.

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Uncle kn0bhead/Barry the Hut and his minions, the misogynistic & bigoted Kev Kev Binks and the pathetic Mike Halliwell who tried to hide behind this account, simply don't understand the difference between a loan from a 3rd party and funds being made available by the owner. We'll explain the difference on the pod this weekend.

Why does anybody bother with these or get upset by them? Ignore them and eventually they’ll go away, and if they don’t, fuck ‘em.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find them fascinating .... in a flat earther tyoe of way. Same with Barry .... not funny when he was at the club, but hilarious when hes nowhere near it. Just for the sake of sanity I watched to 'other' fans forum and then attended the current one. We appear to have come on tremendously in the last year. I was placated with Unsworths answers, he appears to know what we need. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Has there been a manager who hasn't come across well in a fans forum? Dickov, Johnson, Kelly, Wellens, Wild, Maamria and Curle all had me sucked in at one point. And all ended up mediocre at best...

To be a manager at all you'd need to be a decent communicator so not a surprise he's comfortable in that setting. But I think the difference with some of the others is that they knew they were on the back foot a bit. There was a lot of "we'll work really hard, we'll do our best" sort of chat. There's a confidence about Unsworth based on the support he's been given so rather than fighting with the owners like all the others you've mentioned had to, he's in partnership with them. Gives us a better shot at a decent season next year if that sort of confidence spreads throughout.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Why does anybody bother with these or get upset by them? Ignore them and eventually they’ll go away, and if they don’t, fuck ‘em.

Unfortunately Steve they won’t ignore it 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 every time I go on Twitter the same people bite and post loads of abuse back. It’s like they enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Absolutely this. @PushTheBoundary (RIP) and the @BPAS were instrumental in getting the fanbase, as a whole united to get rid of the previous regime. In my opinion, their energies would be better spent in encouraging the fanbase as a whole to complete freeze out and ignore Owen, Birkett and any of their other saps. It's clear as day Owen (who obviously pens Birkitt's drivel in a way to avoid potential libel issues) is seething about his fall from the towers of power at the club. He posts absolutely nothing positive (when in fact there's more than enough positivity around the club) and spends his entire effort looking for a tenuous wedge to put between supporters. His clear lack of business nous in his latest tweet tells you all you need to know about his agenda. Overriding bitterness has engulfed him and the more responses, quote tweets and replies feeds into that completely.

We have to, as a support base completely block and close down any communcations with those parties or it'll continue to eat into anything positive the club / The Rothwells do. We owe it to them to get behind what they're trying to do and by keeping that obnoxcious twat even vaguely in the public eye simply counteracts that. Come on Andy / Matt / Athleticos and any other influential support elements: The time to #BlankBarry has to start now. 💪

5 hours ago, BPAS said:

Uncle kn0bhead/Barry the Hut and his minions, the misogynistic & bigoted Kev Kev Binks and the pathetic Mike Halliwell who tried to hide behind this account, simply don't understand the difference between a loan from a 3rd party and funds being made available by the owner. We'll explain the difference on the pod this weekend.

So you are saying there has been a cash injection of £5 million into the club in the past few days? If that's the case have you seen evidence of that? Or is it the case that the money has already been spent on running costs this season and now instead of the owner funding the club it's merely a loan? Only last year you said on the pod, it's the owners responsibility to pay for everything

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Absolutely this. @PushTheBoundary (RIP) and the @BPAS were instrumental in getting the fanbase, as a whole united to get rid of the previous regime. In my opinion, their energies would be better spent in encouraging the fanbase as a whole to complete freeze out and ignore Owen, Birkett and any of their other saps. It's clear as day Owen (who obviously pens Birkitt's drivel in a way to avoid potential libel issues) is seething about his fall from the towers of power at the club. He posts absolutely nothing positive (when in fact there's more than enough positivity around the club) and spends his entire effort looking for a tenuous wedge to put between supporters. His clear lack of business nous in his latest tweet tells you all you need to know about his agenda. Overriding bitterness has engulfed him and the more responses, quote tweets and replies feeds into that completely.

We have to, as a support base completely block and close down any communcations with those parties or it'll continue to eat into anything positive the club / The Rothwells do. We owe it to them to get behind what they're trying to do and by keeping that obnoxcious twat even vaguely in the public eye simply counteracts that. Come on Andy / Matt / Athleticos and any other influential support elements: The time to #BlankBarry has to start now. 💪

Completely agree. What people don't seem to realise that they love it when you abuse them. Not because they like abuse (or they might I don't know) but because it means they are getting attention.

I don't even read them. I only read things that are important or relevant to the club and their comments aren't.

On 3/31/2023 at 1:47 PM, PeteG said:

Only last year you said on the pod, it's the owners responsibility to pay for everything.  (1)

So you are saying there has been a cash injection of £5 million into the club in the past few days? (2)

(1) they have already bought the club and sorted out the Brass Bank issue.  Don't you regard that as a vey substantial degree of investment?  In any case, you are wrong ; the Podcast has regularly made the point that reenergising and improving the club has to be  a joint effort between club and fans if it is to be sustained.

(2) If and how the extra money may (or may not) have come in is something I am not privy to. What I would like to know is why you are so suspicious of the need for it? Infrastructural investment and overhauling the playing squad to a level where it is of a top seven standard will not come cheap.  We've just seen in the last few days that Wrexham have lost around £56,000 per week to finance the set up they have.  You have decades of neglect under very poor quality management to overcome, so it will be doubly difficult for you.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

(1) they have already bought the club and sorted out the Brass Bank issue.  Don't you regard that as a vey substantial degree of investment?  In any case, you are wrong ; the Podcast has regularly made the point that reenergising and improving the club has to be  a joint effort between club and fans if it is to be sustained.

(2) If and how the extra money may (or may not) have come in is something I am not privy to. What I would like to know is why you are so suspicious of the need for it? Infrastructural investment and overhauling the playing squad to a level where it is of a top seven standard will not come cheap.  We've just seen in the last few days that Wrexham have lost around £56,000 per week to finance the set up they have.  You have decades of neglect under very poor quality management to overcome, so it will be doubly difficult for you.

Wow. there was literally no point in me logging back in here.

so glad this has come from a non Latic. thank you for your continued positive presence in these parts.

lm stayin logged in tho. sorry everyone 🙄

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

1. The issue of Brass Bank has not been sorted, they are still the landlords albeit with new owners. The club has no assets but now a debt of 5.1 million which it didn't have this time last week. I'm well aware the levels of investment required but that is down to the owner and as for the podcast they were definitely saying it was down to the previous owner to fund the club and were not worried about the consequences when calling fans to boycott the club.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

1. The issue of Brass Bank has not been sorted, they are still the landlords albeit with new owners. The club has no assets but now a debt of 5.1 million which it didn't have this time last week. I'm well aware the levels of investment required but that is down to the owner and as for the podcast they were definitely saying it was down to the previous owner to fund the club and were not worried about the consequences when calling fans to boycott the club.

GIVE IT A REST FFS!!

lm in the painful process of losing a friend over a long held delusion he holds and l can see evidence of the same misplaced defence mechanisms on show from baz, mike n kev.

the only person l have ever seen be able to fight it was Lags. l dont know him or his circs past or present but he defo somehow managed shed them mental catarachts those three have grown.

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

That is utterly ridiculous.  The 'Brass Bank issue' was that the groudn was owned by people with no interest in the football club.

9 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I would have thought one of the reasons for giving this clown a go would have been his ability  to bring in young Everton  potential .

Sambou was with him at Everton.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Great to see, now let's see it healthier on the field.

Bazza n Co really were flying us straight into a mountain werent they 😳

you think they'd be grateful would you not? Frank literally saved them too.

theyre bitter weirdo's. l've never been an advocate for the ignore button, but this #blankbazza idea has much merit.

Archived