Fans forum.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to find out online but can't see anything about whether this will be live streamed at all. Or even if a recording of it will be released after the event. Does anyone know if there's been any chat about that?

47 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I've been trying to find out online but can't see anything about whether this will be live streamed at all. Or even if a recording of it will be released after the event. Does anyone know if there's been any chat about that?

tbh. The only thing I have seen re above,  was in OASF/club Jan meeting notes to say club were planning this event and if they were going to consider what you have suggested

2 hours ago, underdog said:

tbh. The only thing I have seen re above,  was in OASF/club Jan meeting notes to say club were planning this event and if they were going to consider what you have suggested

Why can't any fans send in questions in advance? Seems like a closed shop to those who can attend.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why can't any fans send in questions in advance? Seems like a closed shop to those who can attend.

I suppose they're giving priority to those who actually can, or want to, attend.

Otherwise multiple questions from the same source could result.

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose they're giving priority to those who actually can, or want to, attend.

Otherwise multiple questions from the same source could result.

Not difficult to sift out the same questions sent in advance and present them as one. What if those attending miss out important questions or hog the meeting with their own agenda.

It supposed to be a 'fans forum', for everyone not a chosen few who can attend and IMO it's undemocratic.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not difficult to sift out the same questions sent in advance and present them as one. What if those attending miss out important questions or hog the meeting with their own agenda.

It supposed to be a 'fans forum', for everyone not a chosen few who can attend and IMO it's undemocratic.

Not sure anyone ever claimed it was a democracy. If they did they were dreaming. 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Somone would have to sift through valid questions and also stuff like "who would win in a fight between a badger and a baboon?".

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Somone would have to sift through valid questions and also stuff like "who would win in a fight between a badger and a baboon?".

So the meeting is controlled by the club and is really a club forum?

If they can't sort out a few fans questions in advance it seems to me like incompetency.

Of course we mustn't rock the boat now it's all goodness and light.

BTW my question isn't a criticism its a suggestion.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So the meeting is controlled by the club and is really a club forum?

If they can't sort out a few fans questions in advance it seems to me like incompetency.

Of course we mustn't rock the boat now it's all goodness and light.

BTW my question isn't a criticism its a suggestion.

Fans who go can ask what they like, it’s open to anyone to buy a ticket, and I’m sure they will invite questions from everyone in attendance. 
If you have a question, go to the event. 
If you can’t make the event, then fair enough. 
I’d like for it to be streamed to be fair. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What if those take their own time to go dare ask their own questions? Bastards. Who do they think they are.

Undemocratic in what respect? That it's open to absolutely anyone???

Have you emailed the club with a question? Oh, best not go down that avenue actually.

What if 100 people who can't go pose a question. Should those taking the time out to attend in person miss out asking their question because someone else sat at home/work/abroad wants their question asked? Who decides which question is better? Maybe they should collate all questions and put them to a vote with a mail in option for those not on twitter?

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Baboon would start well but run out of steam, then the badger would fuck him up.

16 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Baboon would start well but run out of steam, then the badger would fuck him up.

Bollocks, the baboon shoots the badger with his shotgun because the dirty badger carries bovine TB.

On 3/27/2023 at 4:01 PM, nzlatic said:

On 3/27/2023 at 8:43 PM, oafcmetty said:

Nah it doesn’t get that far. The baboon sues for peace to stop the badger getting its cousin the honey badger involved. As honey badgers don’t give a ****.

On 3/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, LightDN123 said:

Fans who go can ask what they like, it’s open to anyone to buy a ticket, and I’m sure they will invite questions from everyone in attendance. 
If you have a question, go to the event. 
If you can’t make the event, then fair enough. 
I’d like for it to be streamed to be fair. 

I've said I couldn't make the event so a very good question may not be asked. It's for the benefit of the club and not a criticism.

Hopefully, someone there will ask the same question.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've said I couldn't make the event so a very good question may not be asked. It's for the benefit of the club and not a criticism.

Hopefully, someone there will ask the same question.

Did you ask anyone to ask it? What was the question? Was it asked?

I missed the bit where Simon Corney’s name was mentioned when the question was about ownership, and they seemed to move on very quickly once it was mentioned. What was that all about?

Didn’t learn anything new really I don’t think. DU and DR spoke well I thought, and we are clear on next seasons expectations, with that being a promotion push. They reckon 8-9 new quality signings, and a top 6 budget. I’m still not sure DU is the man to deliver that, but he definitely speaks well and talks a good game, I think things like this help build the somewhat lack of relationship between the fans and him, as he came across as caring, honest and actually quite funny himself. I want him to prove me and a lot of others wrong. 
FR is definitely a character, but in a good way. He completely waffles but he is naturally funny, and is very passionate about the club and definitely cares.

The director, I forget his name, was quite abrupt and straight to the point, don't necessarily mind that in business, which is his area, but I could see him rubbing a few up the wrong way. 

29 minutes ago, daniel said:

I missed the bit where Simon Corney’s name was mentioned when the question was about ownership, and they seemed to move on very quickly once it was mentioned. What was that all about?

Corney still technically owns a portion of the club, I think after various dilutions in share holdings the value of his share may be measured in pence, not pounds.

Archived